[TOOL] [WIN] Xiaomi Mi A1 Tool: Drivers, unlock, root with twrp, GCam, ...

Search This thread

kachimasu

Sep 23, 2015
Skopje
When you root, this tool is installing TWRP? Can I replace twpr.img and Magisk zip's with the newer versions?

Update: I contacted Aridane and he said yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pilsor

Pilsor

Oct 8, 2007
Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
Yihaaaaa , thanks a lot :)

since the official Oreo 8.1 update (OTA) I had random reboots.
and now with last October update (66 Mb OTA) , the device was complete messed up , SYSTEM UI Stopped . and again and again.
a normal factory reset didn't fix that issue.

So, now, with this tool I mentioned to re-flash the original stock rom :))))
And till now , NO System UI issues ...
Only this, the october OTA update was offered again , download ok ,but I can't install it.
So for me not a serious problem, but if someone knows how to fix that , always welcome ;)

Keep up the good work,
Greetz, Phil from Belgium

Last edited:

LDawe

Jan 26, 2018
Hey! Here is a noob-ish question I'd like to ask. Does this tool have a way to open BL without purging everything, or I'll have to do the manual volume down key thingy? And if I've managed to root my device with magisk, can I relock my BL?

lchntxofa

Jan 19, 2018
does it work for a mi a1 with a boot loop and a locked bootloader?
Yes, put your phone on fastboot (power and volume down), execute MiA1 tool. install drivers, connect your phone, click on unlock bootloader and say goodbye to the boot loop, your phone will be reset to factory

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMPORTANT: SINCE MAY OTA UPDATE, DATA IS WIPED IN THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCKING PROCESS.

This is a simple tool to do the typical actions in adb/fastboot with a Graphical User Interface.
    if you have any suggestion to add to the tool or any problem you can contact me in telegram : AridaneAM

1caf1184fd97216589a4d7c2dcb755b4.png

7fdd8b9a9dd8f01d688c4ea9edec0923.png

b1ec42692f9d7632f83f1df442c12230.png

Download: http://tiny.cc/XiaomiA1_Tool

Features:
    - Install drivers: You can install 1.4.3 or 1.3 version of this fantastic tool: Link
    - Unlock Bootloader
    - Root Magisk: The phone reboot into fastboot, then twrp, the tool will create a folder with magisk.zip and one module and will open 2 photos with instrucctions of twrp and how to install modules:
    • XiaomiMiA1FixesOreo.zip (Camera2api, EIS, Fix audio in video recording, vendors xml, unlimited google photos storage, fix long time camera start). By @peitos

- Install GCam: Install "GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V1" with portrait, zsl, front hdr+, ... and open a photo with configuration instructions.
    - Flash Stock ROM: The tool downloads and extracts Stock ROM from Xiaomi servers. You can flash keeping UserData or Flash All.
    - Reboot twrp
    - Install MiXplorer: Installs the explorer "MiXplorer": Link
    - Reboot fastboot
    - Lock Bootloader
    - Root after OTA: Same as "Root Magisk" but without module instructions.
    - Boot into .img: You can select an image of your PC and boot into it.
    - Extra magisk modules: For download and transfer to the phone some magisk modules.

How to install OTA:
    1. When OTA arrives, go to Magisk Manager, Uninstall, Restore images.
      54c952495933c4be220d66a3892f253f.png
    2. Update the OTA
    3. Use the tool to install Magisk. All the root permissions and modules will be like before.
    Updated:
    • Added option for unlock bootloader and boot into twrp or alternative .img if you are already in fastboot. (If you are in bootloop).
    • Button to download and transfer some modules.
    • Some bugs fixed.
    • Multilanguage (Spanish, English)

Do you know anything about the fix to eliminate the white dots from the hdr+ photos? Its visible on yellow, white, blue backgrounds.

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi A1 using XDA Labs
    It's a hdr + process problem. Anyway you have to zoom to realize.
    Can anybody share the tool, since the link doesn't work anymore?

drive . google . com /file/d/1OcJcGem90nGj1ymMmzY29IGczIPP3Uk9/view

Just remove the spaces
    While this looks super streamlined and easy, i dont think i want to use it as there appears to be no source code available and it could be doing malicious things to my phone.

Probably not, but i am not risking anything over it
    Does anyone use it?

I suppose that i can not put links or external forum name, but you can search that is the same program that I posted in a Spanish forum with 90.000 views in the post. First it was a root guide, next a script in .bat and now a program en visual C#.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone