[Tool][[windows] Make CWM Recovery .img's into .tar.md5 odin flash-able files 1 CLICK

Search This thread

ayoi92

Dec 24, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Code:
bin/tar: value 4294967295 out of gid_t range 0..2097151
bin/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
Thank me at xda @cabloomi
Press any key to continue . . .

Thx for The tool, but im a little noob, if i extract a file cache.img.ext4 and i want to flash it with ODIN, this tool can help me? If yes, what i need to do to make it possible, Thx in advance

Enviado desde mi SM-N900W8 mediante Tapatalk

Premere un tasto per continuare . . .

flash the recovery image using this apps
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cgollner.flashify&hl=en

atmu5fear

Nov 21, 2013
Orangeville
qualityaluminum.ca

Following error
img2tar.JPG

qxps

Jan 13, 2014
For those with the error... read the thread, the answer is in post #23

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42511844&postcount=23

You can pretty much extract any file from the stock odin tar and then create individual tars out of it with this tool. I just extracted system.img.ext4 and tarred it individually then flashed it and it worked. Allowed me to return system to stock without flashing the entire stock tarball.

I've only tried it with individual images. In order to do multiple ones you need to follow the order of the partition of the device you are creating it for.
This tutorial could help some, http://www.rwilco12.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=92

My question is, what does --group=1 does that it fixed the error?

Last edited:

qxps

Jan 13, 2014
What I am wondering is would this application work to make modem.bin files into md5's or tar aswell

Yes it can. However, odin can flash modem.bin and non-hlos.bin files directly on the phone/cp entry. Therefore, making a single tar for modem.bin is useless since it can be flashed directly

qxps

Jan 13, 2014
Yep I currently do it like that but have found modems packaged on md5 write without error.

Thank you very much have found another great use for an already awesome app

You can change the bat file. Modify the input files and the output name if you want. Just make sure the output name is modified in all the lines.

You can also use a variable so you only have to set the output name once. For example,

Code:
@echo off
set tarname="M919_FNB4_Modem"
bin\tar --group=1 -H ustar -c NON-HLOS.bin modem.bin > %tarname%.tar
bin\md5sum -t %tarname%.tar >> %tarname%.tar
bin\mv %tarname%.tar %tarname%.tar.md5

Reactions: nimbosa and gggg

ankurbajaj9

Jul 7, 2012

any clue ?

Formingus

May 23, 2007
Fier
Ok so i made this tool for personal use, but i saw a lot of people wanted this, so here it is

Step 1. Download it from ATTACHMENTS
Step 2. Decompress it to a folder
Step 3. Download your recovery for your SAMSUNG device from here
http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager/
Step 4. Rename it to "recovery.img" then move it to the folder you decompressed the tool at earlier
Step 5. Open the "Runme" file and theres your recovery.tar.md5 File ready to flash with odin

please if you used my tool give me some credit and relink to this page as the tool you used to make the file
Rate this thread and press the thanks button

mx0o5y.jpg

Win XP 32bit SP3 :rolleyes:

I had the same error that several others had when trying this out (out of gid_t range). I fixed it by editing Runme.bat and adding --group=1 to the tar line so that it looks like this:

Code:
bin\tar --group=1 -H ustar -c recovery.img > recovery.tar

Great tool, once editing this it did exactly what I needed! Thanks!

You da man, thanks a lot, that worked for me now as well! :good:

Reactions: nimbosa

jfreak27

Apr 2, 2013
Nagpur
I flashed a bad kernel in my GTi9070. I've aosp kernel in boot.img form. can I make it odin flashable using this tool? thnx

crobs808

Dec 21, 2007
United States
My kept giving me an error or an invalid TAR file (11K in size). I always 'Run as administrator' but that was actually causing my problem. When I just ran it via double-click it ran fine. Weird. I am just so used to having to Run as admin that it took 10 failures before I realized to run it normally.

Jun 11, 2012
xochimilco
for those who have the error that does not create the files,
the error is that when you save the cwm downloaded must save it with the name recovery. already that if we change it then does not work.

so don't mark error,

and this is the code that I have in my runme

@ECHO off
bin\md5sum -t recovery.tar >> recovery.tar
bin\mv recovery.tar recovery.tar.md5
@ECHO Thank me at xda @cabloomi

pause

Reactions: DDman81

sorset

Jun 14, 2011
Not worked for me and gave some errors .But i installed gnuwin32 (Tar package) then tried your 3 commands manually and flashed one of the partitions and worked. thanks.

Last edited:

Gabriel51

May 10, 2008
xda Texas
This worked for me on windows 8.1 X64 after I edited the bat file as explained in post #41, and of course followed the instructions as given in the OP.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so i made this tool for personal use, but i saw a lot of people wanted this, so here it is

Step 1. Download it from ATTACHMENTS
    Step 2. Decompress it to a folder
    Step 3. Download your recovery for your SAMSUNG device from here
    http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager/
    Step 4. Rename it to "recovery.img" then move it to the folder you decompressed the tool at earlier
    Step 5. Open the "Runme" file and theres your recovery.tar.md5 File ready to flash with odin

please if you used my tool give me some credit and relink to this page as the tool you used to make the file
    Rate this thread and press the thanks button
    I had the same error that several others had when trying this out (out of gid_t range). I fixed it by editing Runme.bat and adding --group=1 to the tar line so that it looks like this:

Code:

FIX for script errors and not running

Script is invalid due to `tar` command

FIX :

1-right click "Runme.bat" and choose "edit" from menu.
    2-convert second line which is
    Code:
    bin\tar -H ustar -c recovery.img > recovery.tar
    to
    Code:
    bin\tar -cf recovery.tar recovery.img
    3-save file and close notepad.
    4-put recovery.img file in the folder and run "Runme.bat"

make sure to first remove the existent recovery.tar.md5 from the folder (I don't think it matters but prompt wouldn't come up for overwrite).

@cabloomi good effort and nice tool, saved me personally the trouble of rebooting every time I have to create a .tar.md5 from a .img, I don't know why you used the tar command in this way though, `man tar` clearly states command `tar -cf archive.tar foo` to create .tar files. Please clear that up for me. Same thing with `md5sum`, if you look up man for it, the command is different.

EDIT: I attached a file with the script fixed.

Code:

How do you do this excatly? Sorry such a noob question.

Figured it out! Thanks!

For those who don't know, you can right-click on the "recovery.img" file you moved into the folder you extracted the tool into and open it with cmd (command prompt)(browse for cmd if it's not listed) and then copy the code gIMpSTa wrote above and paste it in the cmd and press enter to send that command and then it's done. A TAR file called "recovery" shows up in the folder you extracted the tool into and you then just use that file in odin! ta-da!
    Very useful, but for win 8.1 x64 the first line in the "runme.bat" will be
    Code:
    not the
    Code:
    bin\tar -H ustar -c recovery.img > recovery.tar

Thanks to gIMpSTa