• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TOOL] [WINDOWS] Tissot Splash Maker (mod all 5 PNG's in splash.img)

Search This thread

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Heya,

Here is a simple to use script to build splash.img from 5 PNG's. The 5 PNG's are:

1. Mi logo screen on locked bootloader
  2. Fastboot image
  3. Mi logo screen on unlocked bootloader
  4. 'System destroyed' image
  5. 'Please lock the bootloader' early splash.

Like the old script, there is still a size limit per splash. However there is an alternative mode or "hack" that lets you use a larger PNG for image #3, at the expense of rendering image #4 broken (and who cares about that one, right?).

Usage is simple - just download, replace the PNG's in "input" folder, and run the tool. If there are any errors it will say so, otherwise you will get a splash.img that you can flash in fastboot:

Code:
fastboot flash splash splash.img
The original input folder has all the stock images included.

Enjoy!

Download from GitHub (Press the green 'Clone or Download' button -> 'Download ZIP'.

AV Warning: Some security software might flag the EXE as suspicious. It's written in a language called AutoIt which is a common language for keyloggers and bots and stuff because it's super easy and awesome to do all kinds of stuff with it. Ignore it/exclude it, or you can compile the included .au3 source yourself if you don't trust it.

Bonus: pre-made splash IMG's included in repo. Flashable ZIP's attached, credits to @GokulNC for the ZIP template.

• splash_rr.img - RR logo splash for seamless transition into RR boot animation

Attachments

• splash_rr_flashable.zip
    367 KB · Views: 3,218
Last edited:

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Thank you, you the man, could i ask you a linux version? if not no problem...

A Linux version would be great because I don't have any Windows device

Impossible. Tool is written in AutoIt which is Windows-only. I hate Python lol. Of course anybody is free to rewrite a cross-plarform implementation, I just won't.

Is it possible to completely skip the warning?

No. Just replace it with the same image so you see no transition.

Even if you wipe splash partition, it doesn't make the boot any faster.

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
@CosmicDan I don't have a window system. Could you make a splash image of OnePlus? You can take pngs of OnePlus 3. I hope its not much to ask.

No lol. Other people with more time can make pre-made packs.

Someone volunteer please, I've got development to do.

I made this tool so people would NOT request special treatment from me. Try it in Wine or just get Windows in a VM like all serious people do or something, locking yourself to one OS is silly.

TioCareca

Maybe someone find a way to get it working with wine
well it works in wine, just freeze converting 2 image...

Edit: it do not freeze, just take time, it took me 30 minuts in wine, but all good, splash is changed and perfect...

Attachments

• IMG_20180604_231501.jpg
    IMG_20180604_231501.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 2,026
  • IMG_20180604_234132.jpg
    IMG_20180604_234132.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 2,026
Last edited:
Reactions: jigs4wkiller

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro

Edit: it do not freeze, just take time, it took me 30 minuts in wine, but all good, splash is changed and perfect...

Wow that's weird. I wonder why.

Maybe because I've included Windows version of Python 2.7. Did the "converting" part take longest? That calls the python binary + a script.

32 bit OS is non support?

Oh whoops. I'll compile it to an x86 binary. Re-download in about 10 minutes from now.

Reactions: belyo and nextheart

ItzMeGaaab

May 26, 2018
Hi good day sir! Can yoou share the RR boot logo picture? So we can see it before flashing it

Edited:Ty for this already flashed it.! :)

Last edited:

TioCareca

Maybe because I've included Windows version of Python 2.7. Did the "converting" part take longest? That calls the python binary + a script.

Yes, i think it was because python is windows version, wine as to call two exe (the tool and python) the longer time is when processing RLE...

In the end all worked and that is what matter...
Just one question, whats the size limit of images?

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Yes, i think it was because python is windows version, wine as to call two exe (the tool and python) the longer time is when processing RLE...

In the end all worked and that is what matter...
Just one question, whats the size limit of images?

If you check the .au3 file (source code), you can see a couple of arrays at the beginning that show the size limits in bytes. The first one is standard limit, the second array is with the larger 03 hack.

But this is the size limit of the RLE files. It's impossible to calculate the RLE size without actually converting it first. It's a very different (more basic) compression method than PNG and can't be predicted.

Reactions: TioCareca

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heya,

Here is a simple to use script to build splash.img from 5 PNG's. The 5 PNG's are:

1. Mi logo screen on locked bootloader
    2. Fastboot image
    3. Mi logo screen on unlocked bootloader
    4. 'System destroyed' image
    5. 'Please lock the bootloader' early splash.

Like the old script, there is still a size limit per splash. However there is an alternative mode or "hack" that lets you use a larger PNG for image #3, at the expense of rendering image #4 broken (and who cares about that one, right?).

Usage is simple - just download, replace the PNG's in "input" folder, and run the tool. If there are any errors it will say so, otherwise you will get a splash.img that you can flash in fastboot:

Code:
    fastboot flash splash splash.img
    The original input folder has all the stock images included.

Enjoy!

Download from GitHub (Press the green 'Clone or Download' button -> 'Download ZIP'.

AV Warning: Some security software might flag the EXE as suspicious. It's written in a language called AutoIt which is a common language for keyloggers and bots and stuff because it's super easy and awesome to do all kinds of stuff with it. Ignore it/exclude it, or you can compile the included .au3 source yourself if you don't trust it.

Bonus: pre-made splash IMG's included in repo. Flashable ZIP's attached, credits to @GokulNC for the ZIP template.

• splash_rr.img - RR logo splash for seamless transition into RR boot animation
    Made splash image for Android Pie Treble GSI so the Google logo is lined up perfectly with bootanimation.
    Gray Google splash with bootanimation :) Couldn't find gray Google bootanimation so I decided to make one along with splash image.
    A Linux version would be great because I don't have any Windows device

I have made a Linux version :)
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-a1/themes/tool-tissot-splash-maker-mod-5-pngs-t3877249

Consider your dream realized!

32 bit OS is non support?

Oh whoops. I'll compile it to an x86 binary. Re-download in about 10 minutes from now.