[TOOL] WinDroid Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | Install | Moto Maxx

Search This thread

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
This toolkit is for 3 of the 4 Moto Quarks: "international" XT1225 Moto Turbo/XT1225 Moto Maxx (both are actually the same device -- just different model name for different part of the world) and the U.S. Moto Maxx XT1250 sold by smaller regional CDMA/LTE carriers (and is actually the same CDMA/LTE device as the XT1254 Droid Turbo -- EXACT same FCC ID but has unlock-able bootloader).

This toolkit does NOT work on the Droid Turbo XT1254 which has a bootloader that can not be unlocked. Currently the only way to root an XT1254 is to start with Kitkat 4.4.4 and use paid Mofo root. Then you can flash rooted Lollipop images from the development section.

Link To Main Thread
uqNRwpE.gif

About
The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.

Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia

Does this toolkit flash a newer version of TWRP than you posted? I remember a dev @Skrilax_CZ saying our current version of TWRP needed updating to 2.8.5 (from 2.8.1) to make compatible with cm12.
_______

EDIT:
The answer is no, it doesn't. I flashed twice and it's still the 2.8.1.0 I had on the phone before.

But I still donated to the dev as it's a good toolkit.

Last edited:
Reactions: way2aware

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
Does this toolkit flash a newer version of TWRP than you posted? I remember a dev saying our current version of TWRP needed updating to 2.8.5 (from 2.8.1) to make compatible with cm12.
_______

EDIT:
The answer is no, it doesn't. I flashed twice and it's still the 2.8.1.0 I had on the phone before.

Thanks for your donation! :D Do you have a link to the 2.8.5 build? If a device isn't officially supported, I spend a good amount of time searching XDA for the latest unofficial build, and the only TWRP build I found for the Maxx was here, which is the 2.8.1 build.

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks for your donation! :D Do you have a link to the 2.8.5 build? If a device isn't officially supported, I spend a good amount of time searching XDA for the latest unofficial build, and the only TWRP build I found for the Maxx was here, which is the 2.8.1 build.

Which is the TWRP recovery @respider built for us. If he hadn't, we would not even have that. So, I thank him again for that. :good: I think he's in the process of updating it?

I just wasn't sure where your toolkit pullled TWRP from. Now, I know. When there's a newer TWRP version available for our phone, we just inform you?

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
Which is the TWRP recovery @respider built for us. If he hadn't, we would not even have that. So, I thank him again for that. :good: I think he's in the process of updating it?

I just wasn't sure where your toolkit pullled TWRP from. Now, I know. When there's a newer TWRP version available for our phone, we just inform you?

I upload the recoveries to my own cloud server here so I can have more fine control in case there's issues with certain devices, recoveries, etc. You can see each device and when it was updated here. I generally update the recovery for each device when I update the toolkit itself, but you can let me know of an update anytime and I'll upload it. :good:

Reactions: ChazzMatt

Gundabolu SC

Sep 9, 2013
I upload the recoveries to my own cloud server here so I can have more fine control in case there's issues with certain devices, recoveries, etc. You can see each device and when it was updated here. I generally update the recovery for each device when I update the toolkit itself, but you can let me know of an update anytime and I'll upload it. :good:
Just wait for Skrilax_CZ to get his cm12 in an alpha stage... Then guess he'll release the latest TWRP along with it... :)

respider

Sep 18, 2008
Sao Paulo
Guys I tried recompiling TWRP with newer sources and it just didnt work out of the box, I need to make ajustments and I don't feel that motivated yet, since I see lots of places using my work* without giving any kind of credits which is the least one can do.

*although I didnt do the developing work, configuring, compiling and testing takes a chunk of my time

Just remembering TWRP is open source so if anyone feels like, just do it yourselves. :good:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Guys I tried recompiling TWRP with newer sources and it just didnt work out of the box, I need to make ajustments and I don't feel that motivated yet, since I see lots of places using my work* without giving any kind of credits which is the least one can do.

*although I didnt do the developing work, configuring, compiling and testing takes a chunk of my time

Just remembering TWRP is open source so if anyone feels like, just do it yourselves. :good:

Respider,

I thank you for your efforts and time on the TWRP. Without you, we would have nothing. I don't see a donate link, so forgive me if I overlooked it.

I'll be in Sao Paulo area this July for two weeks -- Liberdade district and also a city just northwest of Sao Paulo, Itatiba. My wife is Brazilian. Probably won't get a chance to meet, but I'll be thinking of you!

If you do get a chance to look at TWRP again in the future, it would be great. :good:

Last edited:

RaphaDL

Jan 10, 2012
Cruz das Almas

Respider, I don't know much about programing, but I got time to spend on this, so could you point me somewhere with a tutorial to make things like that?

And thanks for your effort, dude. Means a lot. I'm trying (without success) to sell my Moto Maxx cause this phone don't have community support, which is very important to me. I do law school, so I know nothing about programing, but if I can do something to change this scenario I would be happy to help.

Last edited:

kicker07cvr

Nov 28, 2010
Why is this in the Droid Turbo section of XDA when its not for the Turbo. I am aware of the OP's mention that its not for the Turbo but was really excited to see the posts in the Turbo Threads. Shouldnt the Maxx have its own? Could cause confusion for noobs or people who do not read directions thoroughly.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Why is this in the Droid Turbo section of XDA when its not for the Turbo. I am aware of the OP's mention that its not for the Turbo but was really excited to see the posts in the Turbo Threads. Shouldnt the Maxx have its own? Could cause confusion for noobs or people who do not read directions thoroughly.

Your question has been answered several times already. You just aren't paying attention. You also quoted the entire OP, which is silly.

The "Latin America" XT1225 Moto Maxx, "U.S." XT1250 Moto Maxx, "U.S". XT1254 Droid Turbo, and "India" XT1225 Moto Turbo are all Quark phones with identical hardware. The CDMA XT1250 Moto Maxx and CDMA XT1254 Droid Turbo are IDENTICAL phones with the same FCC ID, both sold in the USA by U.S. carriers. (It was a LIE that Verizon had any "exclusivity" on this phone. The name was exclusive, not the phone.) The XT1250 has a bootloader than can be unlocked and rooted, and it will work on Verizon's network if you stick in a Verizon SIM card.

So, that's why it's here. If the Droid Turbo ever gets unlockable bootloader and root like all the other Quark phones, it can use this tool also. Until then all the other Quark phones can use it.

All the Quark phones are here. Perhaps the forum should be re-named. Perhaps the "Development" sections should have separate sub-forums -- especially since the Droid can't be "developed" right now, but the "General" and "Accessories" are all identical because they are identical hardware. I'm using a Verizon Droid Turbo Tech21 case for my ballistic nylon + Kevlar Moto Maxx. But that's not our decision. There are appropriate places on XDA to request this or discuss how forums are organized or named.

Last edited:
Reactions: lautarex

kicker07cvr

Nov 28, 2010
]

[/COLOR]I guess I should have been more specific to the droid turbo section and droid maxx having there own sections of XDA like other phones with same hardware but different service provider. They might be same phones but I could see unnecessary time wasted trying to figure out why droid maxx is under droid turbo when the section is labeled droid turbo.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This toolkit is for 3 of the 4 Moto Quarks: "international" XT1225 Moto Turbo/XT1225 Moto Maxx (both are actually the same device -- just different model name for different part of the world) and the U.S. Moto Maxx XT1250 sold by smaller regional CDMA/LTE carriers (and is actually the same CDMA/LTE device as the XT1254 Droid Turbo -- EXACT same FCC ID but has unlock-able bootloader).

This toolkit does NOT work on the Droid Turbo XT1254 which has a bootloader that can not be unlocked. Currently the only way to root an XT1254 is to start with Kitkat 4.4.4 and use paid Mofo root. Then you can flash rooted Lollipop images from the development section.

Link To Main Thread
    uqNRwpE.gif

About
    The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
    WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
    Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
    Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
    Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
    Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
    Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
    I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.
    Reserved

Reserved.
    WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.3 Now Out!

I'm happy to announce that the WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.3 update is now out! It includes a bunch of new features, fixes and supported devices, so check it out and let me know what you think! :fingers-crossed:

You can download it here.
    Well this is actually useful, and faster! also unlocks bootloader! wow great tool, to make this easier for final users.
    Does this toolkit flash a newer version of TWRP than you posted? I remember a dev saying our current version of TWRP needed updating to 2.8.5 (from 2.8.1) to make compatible with cm12.
    _______

EDIT: