[TOOL] WinDroid Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | Install | Moto X Play

Search This thread

dknell

Jun 8, 2011
i tried the tool and when i cut and paste the output string, moto id site said my device doesn't qualify for an unlock. anyone run into this? i have an xt1563 on 6.0. I tried using tool 3.0. any tips would be greatly appreciated.

P

PCisDead

i tried the tool and when i cut and paste the output string, moto id site said my device doesn't qualify for an unlock. anyone run into this? i have an xt1563 on 6.0. I tried using tool 3.0. any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I am having the same issue. I bought my Moto X Play from Koodo / Telus. Can anyone confirm whether there are Moto X Play phones which do not qualify to be unlocked? Their site is vague for how the Moto X Plays are treated. Also, on their bootloader unlock page it says "NOTE: If your device is unlockable, a blue "REQUEST UNLOCK KEY" button will appear." However, that button never appears for me ):

NOTE: Interesting. I found a thread where a Moto rep said their bootloader unlock key request site has been down for a while. I just tried again and the "REQUEST UNLOCK KEY" button now appears. Bingo! They sent me my unlock key :)

Last edited:

dknell

Jun 8, 2011
I am having the same issue. I bought my Moto X Play from Koodo / Telus. Can anyone confirm whether there are Moto X Play phones which do not qualify to be unlocked? Their site is vague for how the Moto X Plays are treated. Also, on their bootloader unlock page it says "NOTE: If your device is unlockable, a blue "REQUEST UNLOCK KEY" button will appear." However, that button never appears for me ):

NOTE: Interesting. I found a thread where a Moto rep said their bootloader unlock key request site has been down for a while. I just tried again and the "REQUEST UNLOCK KEY" button now appears. Bingo! They sent me my unlock key :)

Thanks! I went back and tried it again and it worked this time. The blue unlock button appeared.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

AT&T doesn't allow you to unlock the bootloader

Thanks, but its not an att device. The moto site was just not working, went back today and it worked.

dknell

Jun 8, 2011
After flashing superSU my phone won't boot past the "Bootloader unlocked" screen. I can however get to twrp. Should I try to flash something. I wanted to nandroid first, but stuck on boot so that's out. Any ideas?

G

GuestK00288

After flashing superSU my phone won't boot past the "Bootloader unlocked" screen. I can however get to twrp. Should I try to flash something. I wanted to nandroid first, but stuck on boot so that's out. Any ideas?

Read some of the other threads. You have to flash the right SuperSU.

I did not flash the one that this tool would have automatically downloaded and installed. I downloaded the recommended version myself. Then I used this tool to push it to my phone. Then I booted into Recovery and installed the recommended version of SuperSU.

Take a look at this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x-play/general/root-how-to-root-6-0-easly-t3277202

peteich

Mar 1, 2011
i think this tool is not completely compatible with Motorola phones. I've got same kind of problems.
Unabke to get the unlocking string from MOTOROLA : i had to get it manually from Moto website.
Unable to download any TWRP Recovery , it seems to get it but no recovery was setup.
After downloading SuperSU , it never installed it.

So all done by myself , Unloking ,rooting and TWRP works fine .

peteich

Mar 1, 2011
you will loose your data by unlocking your phone , not by rooting or installing a custom recovery
but you need to be unlocked before rooting ( or installing custom recovery )
so ......

detesto

Read some of the other threads. You have to flash the right SuperSU.

I did not flash the one that this tool would have automatically downloaded and installed. I downloaded the recommended version myself. Then I used this tool to push it to my phone. Then I booted into Recovery and installed the recommended version of SuperSU.

Take a look at this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x-play/general/root-how-to-root-6-0-easly-t3277202

I had the same issue, and I flashed the zip you provided. Now my phone goes trough the Motorola boot animation and just sits there.

It's been like 20 minutes now, I don't think my phone is booting. Any help?

buski

Dec 18, 2012
Montreal
I had the same issue, and I flashed the zip you provided. Now my phone goes trough the Motorola boot animation and just sits there.

It's been like 20 minutes now, I don't think my phone is booting. Any help?

restore youre back up from twrp and flash the one biggiant mentioned.it worked for me

Last edited:

ermite666

Sep 18, 2012
OAXACA DE JUAREZ
i think this tool is not completely compatible with Motorola phones. I've got same kind of problems.
Unabke to get the unlocking string from MOTOROLA : i had to get it manually from Moto website.
Unable to download any TWRP Recovery , it seems to get it but no recovery was setup.
After downloading SuperSU , it never installed it.

So all done by myself , Unloking ,rooting and TWRP works fine .

hello, what are the files you put to make you root? I tried three times doing it manually and always stays in bootlop, I have 6.0.1, thanks in advance

Zantiszar

Jan 27, 2011
Carolina
I used this to unlock the bootloader on my XT1564 which it did great after that I hade to use the command menu to install the recovery. Because if I used the auto method it would reboot on a andriod logo with triangle. So I downloaded a twrp file and used the command menu to install that one. After that I had custom recovery then I just downloaded on my phone a Supersu.zip that I found for my phone and flashed it thru twrp recovery all done.

Hope this helps anyone with a similar problem

ermite666

Sep 18, 2012
OAXACA DE JUAREZ
I used this to unlock the bootloader on my XT1564 which it did great after that I hade to use the command menu to install the recovery. Because if I used the auto method it would reboot on a andriod logo with triangle. So I downloaded a twrp file and used the command menu to install that one. After that I had custom recovery then I just downloaded on my phone a Supersu.zip that I found for my phone and flashed it thru twrp recovery all done.

Hope this helps anyone with a similar problem

that version of TWRP and which of SuperSU been? to me nothing but the logo does not leave me home

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Link To Main Thread
    uqNRwpE.gif

About
    The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
    WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
    Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
    Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
    Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
    Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
    Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
    I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.
    Reserved

Reserved.
    working flawlessly. thanks :)
    Remember when using this tool, in developer options, you must have "OEM bootloader unlock" allowed. Went round in circles for a little while last night until I realised it wasn't enabled.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

I've included a message about that before it begins unlocking now so people don't get confused like you did. :p
    WinDroid Toolkit v3.0 Is Now Out!

WinDroid Toolkit v3.0 has been released! It's a huge update with a material redesign, major recode and support for 43 new devices!

You can out more specific changes in the changelog here.

You can download the new update here.

All versions before v3.0 will not have their files updated anymore since I've moved from hosting on BasketBuild to Amazon S3. Please update to v3.0 to ensure you're getting the latest recovery and root files!