[TOOL] WinDroid Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | Install | Moto X Style

Search This thread

dtiger1138

Jan 7, 2015
Bootloader unlock worked great, but flashing TWRP via this tool just resulted in the "No Command" message when attempting to entry recovery. Had to manually flash TWRP myself, and now can enter recovery.

Now the issue I'm having is that after trying to flash the SuperSU zip, I'm also stuck on the first Moto logo. Tried flashing SuperSU 2.46, but that didn't fix it. Also tried doing a factory reset via TWRP and wiping data, but no dice. What can I do? Help...

EDIT: Nevermind, did a full restore to stock. I think I'll not mess with root for a bit until systemless is more stable. I use Android Pay quite a bit, so I'd rather not screw around with trying to get standard root working right now anyway.

I had basically the same problems you had. I changed the TWRP img file WinDroid uses to the most recent one from their website to get recovery. I have links in this post 129

Then I used this method to get root.
[ROOT] Moto X Style - XT1572 BR - Marshmallow by ivcarlos
I did that last night. Worked like a dream. But I don't believe this will help you with the Android Pay issue.

Above notes and methods approved by @Ohmster and @OldBaldy. They were lots of help.
Good luck

tony1208

I had basically the same problems you had. I changed the TWRP img file WinDroid uses to the most recent one from their website to get recovery. I have links in this post 129

Then I used this method to get root.
[ROOT] Moto X Style - XT1572 BR - Marshmallow by ivcarlos
I did that last night. Worked like a dream. But I don't believe this will help you with the Android Pay issue.

Above notes and methods approved by @Ohmster and @OldBaldy. They were lots of help.
Good luck
how can i access windroid data recovery to replace the twp?

Reactions: dtiger1138

dtiger1138

Jan 7, 2015
how can i access windroid data recovery to replace the twp?

I downloaded the Windroid toolkit to my downloads folder and just left it and ran it from there. In that folder there should be a data folder. This is for Windoid.
f12cc0b.png

You want the Recoveries folder. It has the Recovery1.img file. This is TWRP. I renamed the existing one by removing the 1, then renamed the new one to "Recovery1.img"
efd13ef.png

Then Windroid will install the version of TWRP you want. That data folder should be where ever you run/have the Windroid Universal Toolkit exe

Good Luck
dtiger1138

tony1208

I downloaded the Windroid toolkit to my downloads folder and just left it and ran it from there. In that folder there should be a data folder. This is for Windoid.
f12cc0b.png

You want the Recoveries folder. It has the Recovery1.img file. This is TWRP. I renamed the existing one by removing the 1, then renamed the new one to "Recovery1.img"
efd13ef.png

Then Windroid will install the version of TWRP you want. That data folder should be where ever you run/have the Windroid Universal Toolkit exe

Good Luck
dtiger1138
Hmmm I just dl on my desk top and ran it there ...I'll try again later and leave it in the dl and see ...

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
Hmmm I just dl on my desk top and ran it there ...I'll try again later and leave it in the dl and see ...

If you're having issues with the TWRP that was downloaded by the toolkit, you can flash a custom one by going to the Commands tab, then in the Flash box there's an option to Flash Recovery.

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
WinDroid Toolkit v3.0 Is Now Out!

WinDroid Toolkit v3.0 has been released! It's a huge update with a material redesign, major recode and support for 43 new devices!

You can out more specific changes in the changelog here.

You can download the new update here.

All versions before v3.0 will not have their files updated anymore since I've moved from hosting on BasketBuild to Amazon S3. Please update to v3.0 to ensure you're getting the latest recovery and root files!

Reactions: milski65

bendrum30

Aug 18, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Anyone have any luck getting WI-Fi working? I flashed NON-HLOS.bin twice and didn't work. I'm TWRP/rooted on 6.0 and hoping to get WI-Fi working.
I did the following twice, but still no luck:

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot reboot

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm running the commands directly from the folder holding NON-HLOS.bin.

BPHusker

Apr 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
At this point, you guys that are trying to root Android 6.0 marshmallow are probably better off just flashing a rooted stock 6.0 rom.

That's what I did. Run titaniumbackup to preserve all user apps, flash to a rootrd stock 6.0 rom, and then restore all user apps through titaniumbackup. Worked like a charm.

What's a good rooted stock rom?

Ohmster

Sep 5, 2011
Pompano Beach
What's a good rooted stock rom?

For the Moto X Pure? None. Unless one or more really good devs actually has one, nobody will make a rom for it. But really, you don't need one. It took me a while to figure it out but for sure, you don't need one. You got unlocked bootloader, TWRP, root, Xposed, replace stock launcher with Nova Prime, and that's it, you got all you need or could ever want, right there. If you are hard up for themes, Marshmallow natively supports layer themes and they are all over the play store.

For real, the original Motorola blur rom is good enough with all of those additional goodies. You do not get all the built in tweak goodies like with a custom rom, but you can make up for it with a few, choice Xposed modules once you get that rigid Google Now launcher off the device and put something good like Nova Prime Launcher.

I was like you, spent two months bugging everyone I know for a good custom Moto X rom and finally one member put it to me, point blank, why do I want a custom rom so bad? All things considered, I could not string enough good words into a sentence to give her a solid answer. That's when I knew that I really didn't need one. This is probably not what you want to hear, but when you get it right and think about it, you will feel better. :rolleyes:

Reactions: FastKatt317

schnuffdroid

Mar 24, 2011
dahoi
hi @all!
i wonder if this tool will guide me to the mototola webpage to get my unlock code there, or if i have to get the code before i start to unlock the bootloader ?
also, does it fully system root android 6.0 without problems?

Gesendet von meinem XT1572 mit Tapatalk

schnuffdroid

Mar 24, 2011
dahoi
hi again,

today i upgraded to windroid 3.1 and unlocked my moto x.
unlocking and flashing twrp where ok, but after flashing super user the phone won't boot any more, it get's stuck at the bootscreen after that hilarious "unlocked bootloader warning" screen.
any adwise how to gain root now? :confused:

oh, and one more thing:
can i use windroid to change the bootlogo or do i have to install android sdk in order to push logo.bin?

Last edited:

lafester

Feb 11, 2007
It really does help to read the forum. Flash su 2.62-3, then 2.68. Then go to the themes and apps section and find some flashable bootscreens.

Reactions: ahhfishstix

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Link To Main Thread
    uqNRwpE.gif

About
    The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
    WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
    Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
    Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
    Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
    Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
    Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
    I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.
    I'm running Windows 10 and it worked fine
    Strange. I guess I'll just have to try it manually then and make sure something isn't wrong with my setup.

EDIT: I just figured out what the issue was. It might be helpful to put this in the OP so that other people do not make the same mistake:

The installation was failing because I did not go to the developer options and enable OEM unlocking. It works now, thanks so much!
    Interesting. Especially considering the first bullet point on Motorola's site says you will lose all installed applications, media, etc.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-a

Ive unlocked the bootloader on about all of my Motorola phones (Razr HD, Razr M, Moto X 2013, Moto X 2015) and all have been wiped after the process. If I remember right my Nexus devices were wiped after unlocking the bootloader too.

You must be living right or full of crap.
    First of all, the website says it "may" or "could" wipe your phone.

2nd of all, why would I say that if it wasn't for true

3rd of all, please readjust your attitude

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Reserved

Reserved.
    Success, bootloader unlocked. This worked on my Australian purchased Style. Thanks mate :)