[TOOL] WinDroid Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | Install | Nexus Player

Search This thread

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
Link To Main Thread
uqNRwpE.gif

About
The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.

Last edited:

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.3 Now Out!

I'm happy to announce that the WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.3 update is now out! It includes a bunch of new features, fixes and supported devices, so check it out and let me know what you think! :fingers-crossed:

You can download it here.

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago

slonn

Nov 6, 2010
2.3 and 2.4 do not seem to be working. They keep suggesting that the Nexus Player is an htc device when attempting to unlock the bootloader

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.5 Now Out!

I'm happy to announce that the WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.5 update is now out! As always, let me know what you think and report any bugs you encounter! :highfive:

Last edited:

dyslecix

Apr 22, 2012
Do you have to have your NP connected directly to the pc for this? or can I ADB through the network?

r1nstang

Jun 10, 2010
just picked up a NP player today. installed the drivers and such as prompted when i started the toolkit. But just says "unauthor" at the bottom. says nothing is connected. Does the NP need to be plugged into a TV at the same time? I dont have a laptop so i have to plug it into my PC on 1 side of the room in order to use the toolkit.

Reactions: djerick3

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
I just bought two of these awesome players had all sorts of issues with this toolkit even working and the other main toolkit nothing would unlock my bootloader..

Downloaded WUGfresh NEXUS toolkit and that didnt work either so i ran manual mode from wugfresh then did the unlock code myself low and behold it worked lol

danigraham

Jun 23, 2013
Texas
we have had a nexus player for almost a year now and are currently working on a friend's to unlock the BL and root to put Kodi on for them. now... my question..

has anyone successfully unlocked the bootloader AFTER taking the 6.0 OTA? we thought "hey to make it easier on ourselves and them we will just leave lean back instead of going with lollirock, take the update and put kodi on for them" we were a little over zealous because now our desktop (linux)terminal won't recognize the device and we have tried mannnny cables we know to work.

any advice or anything helps.. you know how it is to get the gears turning ? hoping that we didn't update and now there's no way to do it. I have a feeling ..

we have had a nexus player for almost a year now and are currently working on a friend's to unlock the BL and root to put Kodi on for them. now... my question..

has anyone successfully unlocked the bootloader AFTER taking the 6.0 OTA? we thought "hey to make it easier on ourselves and them we will just leave lean back instead of going with lollirock, take the update and put kodi on for them" we were a little over zealous because now our desktop (linux)terminal won't recognize the device and we have tried mannnny cables we know to work.

any advice or anything helps.. you know how it is to get the gears turning ? hoping that we didn't update and now there's no way to do it. I have a feeling ..

You can unlock it via adb/fastboot, type the following in the command shell. Fastboot oem unlock. You may have to type it twice but beware as it will erase everything on the nexus player.

Reactions: danigraham

danigraham

Jun 23, 2013
Texas
You can unlock it via adb/fastboot, type the following in the command shell. Fastboot oem unlock. You may have to type it twice but beware as it will erase everything on the nexus player.
like I said.. it wouldn't see the nexus player and we tried tons of cables.
but we got it.
by using this tool (just had to install windows)! thanks a bunch.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Reactions: djerick3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Link To Main Thread
    uqNRwpE.gif

About
    The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
    WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
    Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
    Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
    Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
    Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
    Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
    I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.
    WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.3 Now Out!

I'm happy to announce that the WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.3 update is now out! It includes a bunch of new features, fixes and supported devices, so check it out and let me know what you think! :fingers-crossed:

Will you be updating this soon since there now is a TWRP available for the NP? Looks like a super simple tool to use :)

I would definitely like to know bc I am not rooted yet. ...and thus seems like it is what I need

I will definitely be adding TWRP flashing for the NP in the next update of the toolkit. :eek:
    Does twrp install on the np?

No, since TWRP has not been released for the NP yet. The toolkit only unlocks bootloader and roots.
    Any development here?

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk