[TOOL] WinDroid Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | Install | One S

Search This thread

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
Link To Main Thread
uqNRwpE.gif

About
The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.

Last edited:

Darvadouille

May 3, 2011
Looks really good... Thus is exactly the kind if tools which gonna make customs ROMs more popular and our life's easier!
The GUI looks awesome!

Cheers for that!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rapscallion16

tivofool

Jun 6, 2012
Great Tool, should help new users who are uncomfortable with fastboot and adb.

Any instructions for new users?

Like do you need to have your phone in bootloader mode <fastboot usb> plugged into pc?

Or when your phone is on, do these commands automatically reboot to bootloader and run?
If so, should the user have usb debugging enabled in settings menu?

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
Great Tool, should help new users who are uncomfortable with fastboot and adb.

Any instructions for new users?

Like do you need to have your phone in bootloader mode <fastboot usb> plugged into pc?

Or when your phone is on, do these commands automatically reboot to bootloader and run?
If so, should the user have usb debugging enabled in settings menu?

All the buttons are pretty self-explanatory. Almost all of the buttons automatically reboot to the necessary mode, and tell the user if something is needed of them, such as enabling USB Debugging, choosing a file, etc.

Reactions: tivofool

rustykwak

Aug 21, 2011
Birmingham
All the buttons are pretty self-explanatory. Almost all of the buttons automatically reboot to the necessary mode, and tell the user if something is needed of them, such as enabling USB Debugging, choosing a file, etc.

Looks like a great tool for noobs look forward to some feedback I'll gladly pass on to such when I know all functions work! good job man! :)

gelo01

Sep 18, 2012
Manila
Just like the all-in-one tool, but just simpler and looks pretty much more user-friendly. I'll try this tool with my friend's One S. Thanks to the OP. Great job! :thumbup::D:cool:

Edit: and it'll be much more awesome if it'll have options like, s-on (from s-off), unroot, and relock bootloader. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: linar10

Alan Slade

Jul 3, 2012
Good morning.
Here I am, a totally newbie in the world of modding.
I bought the One S last year, and is still completely stock.
I would like to install a rom, but I don't know in which order should I press those buttons in the toolkit.
Thanks in advance :)

beerfly

Apr 15, 2008
Hello guys, thats pretty much the best tool around ! Big regards to the dev. But I have a problem , i have HTC one s s4 and wanted to unlock bootloader, everything is fine until i have to press the unlock bootloader button , it says that cant find the device .. hmm whats wrong , its connected , it says fastboot USB is on .. so .. any help :) ?

rustykwak

Aug 21, 2011
Birmingham
Hello guys, thats pretty much the best tool around ! Big regards to the dev. But I have a problem , i have HTC one s s4 and wanted to unlock bootloader, everything is fine until i have to press the unlock bootloader button , it says that cant find the device .. hmm whats wrong , its connected , it says fastboot USB is on .. so .. any help :) ?

just a thought have you put the unlock_token into the toolkit folder where adb & fastboot are?

beerfly

Apr 15, 2008
just a thought have you put the unlock_token into the toolkit folder where adb & fastboot are?

Yes i did :) ...i noticed that when i select and press reset to bootloader command, the cmd window appwears, do whats supposed to do, when i need to use another command, I need to close this window, so I can use the tool, if not, the tool cannot be used as it is unactive while the cmd window is open ...hmmm. it says device offline , i updated all adb stuff, everything is alright .. only when i choose to unlock bootloader option it loses connection with my phone , no matter that fastboot usb is shown on bootloader status screen..

Fixed it after managed to find the command line and did it manualy

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

Last edited:

RichieRich84

May 23, 2011
Washington
Yes i did :) ...i noticed that when i select and press reset to bootloader command, the cmd window appwears, do whats supposed to do, when i need to use another command, I need to close this window, so I can use the tool, if not, the tool cannot be used as it is unactive while the cmd window is open ...hmmm. it says device offline , i updated all adb stuff, everything is alright .. only when i choose to unlock bootloader option it loses connection with my phone , no matter that fastboot usb is shown on bootloader status screen..

Fixed it after managed to find the command line and did it manualy

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

ok so when you extract the files in the zip on to your desktop leave the files in place dont remove the application out of folder with the data file folder the tool uses leave the app and data folder in its folder.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Dont know if it would work better to put the phone into bootloader mode then fastboot usb mode then run the tool?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Link To Main Thread
    uqNRwpE.gif

About
    The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
    WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
    Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
    Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
    Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
    Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
    Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
    I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.
    WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.0 Now Out!

I'm happy to announce that the WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.0 update is now out! It's a complete redesign, and fixes all of the downloading issues and errors that people have been facing.

Check it out here.
    WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.3 Now Out!

I'm happy to announce that the WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.3 update is now out! It includes a bunch of new features, fixes and supported devices, so check it out and let me know what you think! :fingers-crossed:

You can download it here.
    WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.1 Now Out!

I'm happy to announce that the WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.1 update is now out! It's a complete code rewrite, with new features and support for 17 new devices! As always, reply with any comments you have or issues you're facing, and Happy Holidays to all!
    WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit

The WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit has officially been released! It fully supports the One S, so head over and let me know what you think! :fingers-crossed:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone