• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TOOL] WinDroid Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | Install | Vivid

Search This thread

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
Link To Main Thread
uqNRwpE.gif

About
The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.

Last edited:

WildfireDEV

May 1, 2013
Nice work I saw this on the Sensation forums and was wishing that we could have it as well and here it is.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

**Press the thanks button if I helped you**

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010
Major update to version 2.0! Check it out and let me know what you think! :highfive:

I have a Vivid that has been "abandoned" since I got my GS4. I did like that phone, but didn't do much after rooting (still stock ROM, I believe). I still have my unlock code bin file and would like to get this device up and running again after I get a new battery. Is your utility something that I could use to update my device?

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
I have a Vivid that has been "abandoned" since I got my GS4. I did like that phone, but didn't do much after rooting (still stock ROM, I believe). I still have my unlock code bin file and would like to get this device up and running again after I get a new battery. Is your utility something that I could use to update my device?

This can for sure do that, and plenty more if necessary! :D

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
Version 2.1 Now Out!

The toolkit has now been updated to Version 2.1! Lots of new features and fixed bugs, so check it out and let me know what you think! :highfive:

NWinfuse

Jul 20, 2011
Cool thanks
next time buying a phone will have to make sure it S-OFf don't liek flashing themn going on computer to flash again. Need an all in one tool
lol
G

Download flash image gui and you can flash boot.img from the phone, this eliminates the need to use fastboot or do s-off if you don't feel comfortable with the procedure

Sent from my Vivid 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: positiveg

positiveg

Oct 17, 2012
Newton Ground
Download flash image gui and you can flash boot.img from the phone, this eliminates the need to use fastboot or do s-off if you don't feel comfortable with the procedure

Wow cool didn't know that was possible, thanks
I'll give it a try
I'm actually becoming a lot faster at flashing via the computer
The onl problem is at home I have a mac not a pc and not too verse with it like that.
G
But will give the prog a try thanks again

AiZ_04

Nov 28, 2010
Lahore
Error on Windows XP SP3

I get this error when I run the application on my Windows XP SP3 laptop.

"Is not a valid Win32 application"

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 234

djyady

Jul 4, 2009
how long??

when i click get token id and the first window opens and gets to tool kit, i close it like said andthe second window says "waiting for device"

and stays there... i let it go ten minutes and still nothing... does it take a long time??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Link To Main Thread
    uqNRwpE.gif

About
    The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
    WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
    Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
    Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
    Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
    Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
    Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
    I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.
    Reserved

Reserved.
    Is there a walkthrough or is it intuitive?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

I personally have used it and on my opinion it is a very straight forward and easy to use toolkit.
    Cool thanks
    next time buying a phone will have to make sure it S-OFf don't liek flashing themn going on computer to flash again. Need an all in one tool
    lol
    G

WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.5 Now Out!

I'm happy to announce that the WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit v2.5 update is now out! As always, let me know what you think and report any bugs you encounter! :highfive:

You can download it here.