[TOOL] Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools

Saki_EU

Jul 23, 2017
Hi everyone!

I'm Saki, a long time tech enthusiast, Xiaomi fan and developer. More than a year ago I started working on a program, called Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools, that makes it easy to manipulate Xiaomi phones using ADB and Fastboot, which are official debugging tools for Android. They have command line interfaces and they can be used for a variety of things, including but not limited to uninstalling system applications, overriding screen density (DPI), enabling camera2 and flashing ROMs. This application makes their most popular features easily accessible to less tech-savvy users by providing a GUI to interact with.

Modules

App Manager - Uninstall/reinstall/disable/enable system apps and services on demand
Camera2 - Enable Camera2 and EIS (TWRP required)
File Explorer - Transfer files between a device and a computer using ADB
Screen density - Tweak screen density by overriding the DPI value
Screen resolution - Tweak screen resolution by overriding the width and height values
Device properties - Retrieve tons of statistics and information about your device
Flasher - Flash any partition with an image, boot to any image or flash a Fastboot ROM (unlocked bootloader required)
Wiper - Wipe the cache or perform a factory reset
OEM Unlocker & Locker - Lock or unlock the bootloader (unlocking is only supported by Android One devices)
ROM Downloader - Get links to the latest MIUI Fastboot ROMs or download them right away
Rebooter - Advanced rebooting options using ADB/Fastboot

The application has been in the works for over a year, some older versions even got posted on Reddit where the reception was overwhelmingly positive. The project is free and open-source, the source code is publicly available on GitHub so anyone can inspect the code or fork the project for themselves and add their own modifications to it if they want.
The Xiaomi/ADB Fastboot Tools was originally written in C# for Windows but I received a lot of requests to make it work on Mac and Linux so I rewrote the whole thing for the JVM, so it runs on Windows, MacOS and Linux as of today.

For more information, including instructions, screenshot, frequently asked questions and download, visit the project page on GitHub.

If you experience any issues, read the FAQ. If you cannot find the solution there, leave a comment here or open an issue case on GitHub. Feedback is highly appreciated!
For additional help with Xiaomi devices, feel free to visit the Xiaomi Community on Discord.

Thanks for reading and enjoy :angel:

Last edited:

Mr.Sm1th

Jan 17, 2017
Tell me. More about the EIS... Does it work with app like open camera...

Because EIS in Poco doesn't work in any camera app except stock camera

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Saki_EU

Jul 23, 2017
Tell me. More about the EIS... Does it work with app like open camera...

Because EIS in Poco doesn't work in any camera app except stock camera

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Not sure if there's anything different about the Poco, but the method used here is equivalent to enabling persist.camera.eis.enable. If you tried enabling that and you didn't get anything out of it, this won't make any difference. The options to enable Camera2 and EIS are mainly for Gcam.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.Sm1th

Daruwalla

Jun 15, 2011
Zambia
Nice to see Xiaomi Reddit moderator here posting about the tool. For anyone asking: it works well for every MIUI version I tried. Though I've moved back to older version may be v2.0.0.2 cause that doesn't require java to run and I don't feel comfortable to install java bloatware just to use this tool.

Thank you Saki for the tool.

Saki_EU

Jul 23, 2017
hi, i can't open it on my pc. i'm using windows 10 with java se development kit 11 and java runtime environment 8 installed.
If you have the Java 11 SDK, you have the JRE 11 as well. I'm afraid you have to download and use JavaFX with that JRE or uninstall Java 11 to be able to use JRE 8.

Last edited:
Reactions: chilling

Saki_EU

Jul 23, 2017
Version 6.0 is out!

Changelog:

- New module in ADB: File Explorer
- Added a check for updates on startup
- Minor UI changes
- Updated Kotlin library
- Minor code optimisations

Download link in the OP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dor71

bowlofsausage

Aug 19, 2016
That's what it's for! It doesn't even offer apps for uninstallation that you can easily uninstall by yourself :eek:
I see line to add packages to uninstall list by name and i suppose i can unninastal it then. Can I see all list of apps at once not by adding by myself? Now on application start i only see some miui and google apps to uninstall, no other packages names