• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TOOL] Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools

Search This thread

Wolfguarde

Oct 23, 2020
Hi folks. I've recently purchased a new optus X pro, and was quite happy and relieved to discover tools exist for debloating that don't require going through the trouble of rooting the phone. I've managed to get most of what I want off the phone, off, but I'm running into some trouble: The Xiaomi bloatware isn't showing up via this tool. At all. Google's programs are, so it's not an issue of a bad load or it not finding the device. I just can't seem to find any Xiaomi labels at all, which is concerning me.

I'm reasonably certain the phone's running MIUI, or some variant thereof (Mifavor? I can't find anything else by the same prefix on the phone), but I want to be absolutely sure that analytics and the assistant are off this phone. I received a prompt for the assistant when I was setting it up, so I know the software is present, and I don't trust that refusing it access deleted or uninstalled the program. Is there any means, with or without XAFT, that I can confirm its presence or absence, and delete it if needed?

Wolfguarde

Oct 23, 2020
My mistake, it didn't occur to me that they wouldn't be known outside of Australia. Optus is one of the two main internet providers over here. They also produce phones. I'm guessing they have a deal with Xiaomi to use their software.

Last edited:

katoda_ltd

Wolfguarde

Oct 23, 2020
Hmm, ok. That's a relief. I guess from seeing the MiFavor UI operating on the phone, I went with the assumption that it was still operating with bundled-in bloatware from the company that made it. Thanks for clearing that up.

That leaves just one question: Can I trust that whatever assistant program was bundled with the phone isn't operating on it if it's not showing up in ADB/XAFT?

katoda_ltd

This tool is dedicated to debloat Xiaomi phones only. I know that the author manually enables each package uninstallation and hides apps crucial to the stability of the system, ergo the tool doesn't show everything running on the phone. To see everything you need another tool, like e.g. https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...easy-management-android-applications-t4147837.
Certainly you need to know which package to uninstall, I believe that the part of this forum devoted to ZTE devices could be helpful.

Wolfguarde

Oct 23, 2020
Fair enough. I am using a non-xiaomi ADB program and App Inspector alongside XAFT, I may have uninstalled what I'm looking for without realising it.

Thanks again for the help.

9AspecT

Sep 17, 2020
Bursa
Hi everyone!

I'm Saki, a long time tech enthusiast, Xiaomi fan and developer. More than a year ago I started working on a program, called Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools, that makes it easy to manipulate Xiaomi phones using ADB and Fastboot, which are official debugging tools for Android. They have command line interfaces and they can be used for a variety of things, including but not limited to uninstalling system applications, overriding screen density (DPI), enabling camera2 and flashing ROMs. This application makes their most popular features easily accessible to less tech-savvy users by providing a GUI to interact with.

Modules

App Manager - Uninstall/reinstall/disable/enable system apps and services on demand
Camera2 - Enable Camera2 and EIS (TWRP required)
File Explorer - Transfer files between a device and a computer using ADB
Screen density - Tweak screen density by overriding the DPI value
Screen resolution - Tweak screen resolution by overriding the width and height values
Device properties - Retrieve tons of statistics and information about your device
Flasher - Flash any partition with an image, boot to any image or flash a Fastboot ROM (unlocked bootloader required)
Wiper - Wipe the cache or perform a factory reset
OEM Unlocker & Locker - Lock or unlock the bootloader (unlocking is only supported by Android One devices)
ROM Downloader - Get links to the latest MIUI Fastboot ROMs or download them right away
Rebooter - Advanced rebooting options using ADB/Fastboot

The application has been in the works for over a year, some older versions even got posted on Reddit where the reception was overwhelmingly positive. The project is free and open-source, the source code is publicly available on GitHub so anyone can inspect the code or fork the project for themselves and add their own modifications to it if they want.
The Xiaomi/ADB Fastboot Tools was originally written in C# for Windows but I received a lot of requests to make it work on Mac and Linux so I rewrote the whole thing for the JVM, so it runs on Windows, MacOS and Linux as of today.

For more information, including instructions, screenshot, frequently asked questions and download, visit the project page on GitHub.

If you experience any issues, read the FAQ. If you cannot find the solution there, leave a comment here or open an issue case on GitHub. Feedback is highly appreciated!
For additional help with Xiaomi devices, feel free to visit the Xiaomi Community on Discord.

Thanks for reading and enjoy :angel:

How to import adb and fastboot into java?

Kelvin Nguyen

Dec 19, 2019

FutMan21

Dec 16, 2014
Hello,

Small worries on the Redmi Note 8 T of my sweet. I disabled several apps with Xiaomi ADBFastbootTools tool a few months ago.

Today I want to enabled them and impossible. This puts me for example:

App: Games
Package: com.xiaomi.glgm
Result: Failure

Done!

App: GetApps
Package: com.xiaomi.mipicks
Result: Failure

Done!

If I disabled other applications, no problem to enabled them.

An idea ?

"Translated by Google"

artstylee

Jan 12, 2016
hi! im getting weird letters while using the program.does any1 has the same issue? how to solve it?
Снимок.JPG

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone!

I'm Saki, a long time tech enthusiast, Xiaomi fan and developer. More than a year ago I started working on a program, called Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools, that makes it easy to manipulate Xiaomi phones using ADB and Fastboot, which are official debugging tools for Android. They have command line interfaces and they can be used for a variety of things, including but not limited to uninstalling system applications, overriding screen density (DPI), enabling camera2 and flashing ROMs. This application makes their most popular features easily accessible to less tech-savvy users by providing a GUI to interact with.

Modules

App Manager - Uninstall/reinstall/disable/enable system apps and services on demand
    Camera2 - Enable Camera2 and EIS (TWRP required)
    File Explorer - Transfer files between a device and a computer using ADB
    Screen density - Tweak screen density by overriding the DPI value
    Screen resolution - Tweak screen resolution by overriding the width and height values
    Device properties - Retrieve tons of statistics and information about your device
    Flasher - Flash any partition with an image, boot to any image or flash a Fastboot ROM (unlocked bootloader required)
    Wiper - Wipe the cache or perform a factory reset
    OEM Unlocker & Locker - Lock or unlock the bootloader (unlocking is only supported by Android One devices)
    ROM Downloader - Get links to the latest MIUI Fastboot ROMs or download them right away
    Rebooter - Advanced rebooting options using ADB/Fastboot

The application has been in the works for over a year, some older versions even got posted on Reddit where the reception was overwhelmingly positive. The project is free and open-source, the source code is publicly available on GitHub so anyone can inspect the code or fork the project for themselves and add their own modifications to it if they want.
    The Xiaomi/ADB Fastboot Tools was originally written in C# for Windows but I received a lot of requests to make it work on Mac and Linux so I rewrote the whole thing for the JVM, so it runs on Windows, MacOS and Linux as of today.

For more information, including instructions, screenshot, frequently asked questions and download, visit the project page on GitHub.

If you experience any issues, read the FAQ. If you cannot find the solution there, leave a comment here or open an issue case on GitHub. Feedback is highly appreciated!
    For additional help with Xiaomi devices, feel free to visit the Xiaomi Community on Discord.

Thanks for reading and enjoy :angel:
    Just released 6.4! It contains an updated App Manager with app disabling/enabling and a couple of bug fixes.
    Thank you for all the feedback and support! ???
    Full changelog and download: https://github.com/Saki-EU/XiaomiADBFastbootTools/releases/tag/6.4
    Just released 6.2! It packs a lot of changes, including a new module for changing screen resolution.
    Changelog and download: https://github.com/Saki-EU/XiaomiADBFastbootTools/releases/latest
    Enjoy! ?
    Sorry for the inconvenience, Fastboot mode broke, I just released an update (6.8.1), it should work just fine now!
    This is the best freaking app I've used for my phone to accomplish stuff without rooting yet.
    Thank you so much for your hard work.