• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TOOL] XiaoMiTool - Xiaomi rom changing made easy

Search This thread

Calp

Feb 26, 2011
Trying to unlock the bootloader of my Redmi Note 8 running XiaoMiTool V2 v20.7.28 on Linux, I get stuck on "Checking account unlock availability".
It gives an error "Internet connection error: IOException: Connect to unlock.update.miui.com:443 ... failed: Connection time out"

Account is connected with phone number and I waited several weeks since I asked to unlock bootloader.

Any advice?

I want to use it on my mi11 ultra to change from CN version MIUI to global or EU version. But I'm worried about bricking the phone(it was quite expensive), as I have read of some cases of this happening.

Better to find someone friend who has much experience for this work...It needs special attention!
I think it is not the tool that is responsible but its xiaomi policy . This article is older but interesting to read and especially > "Important Announcement About Flashing Mi Phones Manufactured by China!"
Αlso,there is a reference to "xda Member franztesca & XiaoMiTool"...
https://www.xda-developers.com/flash-miui-global-locked-bootloader-xiaomi-brick/
(It is a good idea to read before you do anything, on the internet for "Anti-Rollback Protection Mi11 Ultra" & "fastboot getvar anti").Of course,you can use "Google search" and your device name for more info about all this...

* https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/xiaomi-mi-11-ultra.12139/

Last edited:

spikemann007

Apr 29, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Better to find someone friend who has much experience for this work...It needs special attention!
I think it is not the tool that is responsible but its xiaomi policy . This article is older but interesting to read and especially > "Important Announcement About Flashing Mi Phones Manufactured by China!"
https://www.xda-developers.com/flash-miui-global-locked-bootloader-xiaomi-brick/
(It is a good idea to read before you do anything, on the internet for "Anti-Rollback Protection Mi11 Ultra" & "fastboot getvar anti").Of course,you can use "Google search" and your device name for more info about all this..
[ https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...aomi-mi11-pro-ultra.59486/page-54#post-603367 ]
O
(It is a good idea to read before you do anything, on the internet for "Anti-Rollback Protection Mi11 Ultra" & "fastboot getvar anti").Of course,you can use "Google search" and your device name for more info about all this..
[ https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...aomi-mi11-pro-ultra.59486/page-54#post-603367 ]
Now this sucks.

syntheticdingo

Apr 3, 2021
Hey guys, has anyone used this tool successfully with the Redmi Note 10 series? My RN10 is arriving soon and I am wondering if it would work with it on my Linux machine. Thanks

Kazryu

May 28, 2014
So how to uninstall this program after using it? It's not listed in control panel
I realize its not working because program asked me to go to recovery while im stuck in fastboot only
Using windows 10 64 bit, please help me to find the solution to remove it completely

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
So how to uninstall this program after using it? It's not listed in control panel
I realize its not working because program asked me to go to recovery while im stuck in fastboot only
Using windows 10 64 bit, please help me to find the solution to remove it completely
It is not installed really, the XiaoMiTool V2 (executable) on the program list just recall the app to be opened/executed, you can remove all the files From the directory /C:/Programs/XiaoMi/XiaomiTool2 and from the list menu in C:\Users\your_user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\XiaoMiTool V2

Reactions: Kazryu

Kazryu

May 28, 2014
It is not installed really, the XiaoMiTool V2 (executable) on the program list just recall the app to be opened/executed, you can remove all the files From the directory /C:/Programs/XiaoMi/XiaomiTool2 and from the list menu in C:\Users\your_user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\XiaoMiTool V2
Hi, thank you for answering.
Is that mean is it okay just to delete the folder and files that you mentioned?
I'm just afraid if there's something left behind like registry or any other files.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Yes.
I'm just afraid if there's something left behind like registry or any other files.
Never found suspicious activity or something. Also, as you know all the time there are normal applications that being uninstalled, some files remain there that have to be removed manually, it means nothing. If you are afraid of regards registry, you can take a look on one of those apps to do the job to get rid of the traces from any app that is installed/uninstalled under Windows: https://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/registry-cleaner/

Reactions: Kazryu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XiaoMiTool, xiaomi rom changing made easy

This post is outdated, please check out the new XiaoMiTool V2. All the details and download: click here

INTRODUCTION:
    Ciao, Xiaomi users!
    I want to share with you my rom changing tool, which is called "XiaoMiTool".
    XiaoMiTool is a software for Windows that can be used to change rom to your device.
    This program will automatically detect your device info, roms which are available to install, which installation method to use and everything that is normally user's job.
    For example, you receive a smartphone with seller fake rom and you want to install xiaomi.eu rom? This tool will automatically install official rom (via stock recovery or edl), then it will open MiFlashUnlock to unlock the bootloader, then it will install twrp recovery and xiaomi.eu rom, all by itself! (some manual steps are needed like enable usb debugging or manual reboot form edl).
    This tool incorporates also stock recovery installation, which is only available in MiPcSuite, where is very limited, so you might be able to change official roms without unlocking the bootloader (e.g. form china to global)
    This tool does not require guides as it's designed as guided itself, just enable usb debugging!
    This is an alpha version (the tool it's still being developed and more features are coming), it might contain bugs.
    This tool is free, but you can leave a donation if you want to.
    I really don't know what can I say more, just give it a try and let me know.

LINK:
    I still cannot post outside links (grrr), just copy paste url:
    - Download latest: xiaomitool.com/latest
    - Donation: xiaomitool.com/donate

REQUIREMENTS:
    - Windows 7/8/8.1/10
    - Internet connection
    - (.NET Framework (included in Windows updates))

FAQs:
    - Does it work for my device?
    This tool is designed to work with the majority of Xiaomi devices, just try it. It only works for Xiaomi devices!

- Can I install this rom if I have this and this...?
    Just try, the tool will tell you which rom can be installed.

- Do I need to download anything apart this tool?
    No. Just the tool, if you want to install no miui roms (such as lineageos) you need to download them as well.

- Which languages are available?
    English, Italian, Portuguese. More coming

- Does this tool unlock the bootloader?
    This tool includes official Xiaomi unlock tool, so you still need to have an authorized xiaomi account and bind it to your smartphone.

- This software is recognized as virus from my antivirus!
    No worries, it's a false positive. If it gets reported or blocked, you might want to disable your antivirus before using it.

- This program can be installed but not uninstalled, why?
    Uninstaller is not ready yet, if you want to uninstall just delete C:\xiaomi\XiaoMiTool folder.

- English translation is pretty bad...
    I know, my English is pretty bad.

- This tool doesn't work...
    Sorry to hear that, just go back to old manual modding and leave a comment with error codes please.

- Do I need to backup my data?
    YES! All apps and data will be lost. In some cases internal storage (photos and files) may be kept, but backup those as well

- Can my device get bricked?
    yes, but with very small probability (if very delicate process like edl/fastboot flash gets interrupted). No reports of bricked device yet.

- Can I share this tool?
    Yes, you do a favor to me, you can just copy paste this message or do whatever you want. Just let my donation link

- I need to install lineageos with google services and supersu, how can I do that?
    Just select zip file installation and select the files, then make sure they are ordered as needed (rom, gapps, supersu)
    please make a linux version.
    Sorry if I don't follow this thread but im very busy and I dedicate my time to my own projects.
    That said, I want to notify whoever is interested that my new "tool" is out! It's simply a modified version of adb.exe which allows you to sideload miui roms while in recovery mode.
    Link for download and all info: www.xiaomitool.com/adb
    If someone is reading this to find a way to unbrick his phone, im glad to tell that this new tool can do it (if recovery can be reached).
    A better explaination of how it works is included on the website. The main question might be "Can I now install any rom I want with locked bootloader"? The answer is no, unfortunately.
    Every stock recovery installation must be validated by miui server, so you can install only what xiaomi allows you to install. (which is only official roms)
    "Then why would I rather use this tool instead of XiaomiTool?". It's faster, it's more precise, it's lightweight (less than 2mb), works with soft bricked devices, has a more known interface (it's like adb).
    How to use that?
    1) Download and extract the tool, download the rom you want to install
    2) Reboot your device to recovery mode ("Connect with MIAssistant") and plug to your pc.
    3) Drag and drop the rom file on the XiaomiADB.exe, or run from command prompt "xiaomiadb.exe sideload_miui <filepath>"
    4) Done
    I hope this helps someone like XiaoMiTool has done. I appreciate all the donations I received, thank you.
    Sound very Nice! I will Test It!
    Yes.
    Never found suspicious activity or something. Also, as you know all the time there are normal applications that being uninstalled, some files remain there that have to be removed manually, it means nothing. If you are afraid of regards registry, you can take a look on one of those apps to do the job to get rid of the traces from any app that is installed/uninstalled under Windows: https://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/registry-cleaner/