[TOOL][ZEN6] TOOL ALL IN ONE (Drivers|TWRP|Factory Image|Stock Recovery)

Search This thread

mauronofrio

Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2012
Castellana Grotte
toolaio.tk
This is the Zenfone 6's TOOL ALL IN ONE Discussion Thread more info and download go to the Original Thread

TOOL ALL IN ONE

Toolaio-V2-main.png

ADVANCED OPTIONS

Toolaio-V2-advanced.png

FUNCTIONS

Install Drivers
Install Drivers
Unlock Bootloader
Lock Bootloader (use carefully)
Flash TWRP Recovery
Flash Stock Recovery
Flash Stock Factory Image
Automatic ROOT
Install APKs
Uninstall APKs
Take a Screenshot
Take a Screen Reocrd
Flash Partitions
Erase All Data (This function can decrypt the phone)
Reboot Phone
Update the Tool to latest version
Update Adb and Fastboot to latest version
Set Adb and Fastboot priviliges in system wide
Install Zip directly from PC (Required TWRP on phone)(These functions work perfectly on my pc but i have perfect adb drivers on my pc and perfect TWRP on my phone)
Flash Fastboot ROM
Delete downloaded files
ADB File Manager

DEVICE LIST
If you want you can send a request to add a new device here:
New Device Request Form
Device List

DOWNLOAD

Original Thread

DONATE LINK

If you want to support the project please consider making a donation, thanks.

cwucwzz

Nov 26, 2019
getting the ZF6 next week, can I use this tool to install twrp and magisk and root in the current android version? from searching it seems to be android 10.

cwucwzz

Nov 26, 2019
playing around with the app until i get the phone, but what steps would you take with the all in one tool to rooting the phone assuming the bootloader is unlocked?

mauronofrio

Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2012
Castellana Grotte
toolaio.tk
playing around with the app until i get the phone, but what steps would you take with the all in one tool to rooting the phone assuming the bootloader is unlocked?

Just click on "Recovery Flasher and Device Rooter", choose the TWRP (there is one for pie and one for Q), check "And Root it", choose a magisk version and start the procedure, the tool will automatically download the twrp, boot it, flash it and then will flash also magisk

molex329

Nov 27, 2019
speaking of unlocking bootloader. is there any difference between the 2 methods explained in this link? cyano//removethis//genmods.org/how-to-unlock-asus-zenfone-6-bootloader

SirLoinOfBeef

Jan 7, 2005
Perth
I would be VERY cautious trying to re-lock the bootloader with this tool.
If a guinea pig tester wants to give it a go and report back though, feel free to take that risk ;)
All other functions will most likely work as expected.

It's also worth noting before anyone asks, the Trojan:Win32/Spursint.Q!cl (or similar) virus detected within the .zip is almost certainly false.
As always though, you use these sort of apps at your own risk.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

speaking of unlocking bootloader. is there any difference between the 2 methods explained in this link? cyano//removethis//genmods.org/how-to-unlock-asus-zenfone-6-bootloader

As far as I am aware there is only one way to unlock the bootloader, and that is to use the official tool from ASUS:
https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-6-ZS630KL/HelpDesk_Download/
NOTE: Unlocking your bootloader will void your warranty.

isthisadagger

Aug 22, 2015
Hello, has anyone tried this tool to root latest WW version (android 10)? Once rooted, would OTA updates work?
Once the bootloader is unlocked you will no longer get OTA automatically. You can still download them manually to the root of your internal memory and install them.

vernj123

Dec 11, 2012
Just click on "Recovery Flasher and Device Rooter", choose the TWRP (there is one for pie and one for Q), check "And Root it", choose a magisk version and start the procedure, the tool will automatically download the twrp, boot it, flash it and then will flash also magisk
Is this still working for zenfone 6?

vernj123

Dec 11, 2012
OK that's good news. Just putting out there but a nice little YouTube overview instructional video would be cool. In any case Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorgepfm

baster72

Feb 18, 2009
Once the bootloader is unlocked you will no longer get OTA automatically. You can still download them manually to the root of your internal memory and install them.
Install manully will work even if the phone is rooted and twrp install on it?

Sent from my ASUS_I01WD using Tapatalk

Jaripi

Feb 21, 2017
Can you help me a little as I can not do it, so what I am doing wrong ? - trying to install TWRP (chosen preoption Adroid Q from context) and Magisk 20.3 (for the lastest WW_17.1810.1911.110, Android 10)

Administrator: Flashing TWRP fails: Booting TWRP .... sending boot.img (22040 kb), Booting, Finished . Total time:: 10.902s and then waiting the TWRP boots .... but nothing happens :(

mauronofrio

Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2012
Castellana Grotte
toolaio.tk
Can you help me a little as I can not do it, so what I am doing wrong ? - trying to install TWRP (chosen preoption Adroid Q from context) and Magisk 20.3 (for the lastest WW_17.1810.1911.110, Android 10)

Administrator: Flashing TWRP fails: Booting TWRP .... sending boot.img (22040 kb), Booting, Finished . Total time:: 10.902s and then waiting the TWRP boots .... but nothing happens :(

which rom you have actually? your bootloader is unlocked?

Jaripi

Feb 21, 2017
It works now, using MANUAL MODE and your unofficial TWRP - TWRP 3.3.1-24 Zenfone 6 (I01WD) by mauronofrio, thanks. Well, preoption Android Q (from context) and official TWRP did not work ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the Zenfone 6's TOOL ALL IN ONE Discussion Thread more info and download go to the Original Thread

TOOL ALL IN ONE

Toolaio-V2-main.png

ADVANCED OPTIONS

Toolaio-V2-advanced.png

FUNCTIONS

Install Drivers
    Install Drivers
    Unlock Bootloader
    Lock Bootloader (use carefully)
    Flash TWRP Recovery
    Flash Stock Recovery
    Flash Stock Factory Image
    Automatic ROOT
    Install APKs
    Uninstall APKs
    Take a Screenshot
    Take a Screen Reocrd
    Flash Partitions
    Erase All Data (This function can decrypt the phone)
    Reboot Phone
    Update the Tool to latest version
    Update Adb and Fastboot to latest version
    Set Adb and Fastboot priviliges in system wide
    Install Zip directly from PC (Required TWRP on phone)(These functions work perfectly on my pc but i have perfect adb drivers on my pc and perfect TWRP on my phone)
    Flash Fastboot ROM
    Delete downloaded files
    ADB File Manager

DEVICE LIST
    If you want you can send a request to add a new device here:
    New Device Request Form
    Device List

DOWNLOAD

Original Thread

DONATE LINK

If you want to support the project please consider making a donation, thanks.

1. What's the best way of installing the new updates?
    Shall I just put them in the root of internal storage and reboot (i.e. letting the OS autodetect the updated ROM at next boot), or shall I reboot to TWRP first and install the ROM through TWRP?

2. Will root (and TWRP) be preserved with new updates?

Thanks!

1. Yes, that's AFAIK the best way. But usually no need to reboot, e.g. if you copy the update file from PC, just disconnecting will detect the update.

2. No, it won't. After update, don't reboot, but go to magisk manager and do install magisk, but select inactive slot. Then reboot. That should do it.
    OK that's good news. Just putting out there but a nice little YouTube overview instructional video would be cool. In any case Thank you.
    It works now, using MANUAL MODE and your unofficial TWRP - TWRP 3.3.1-24 Zenfone 6 (I01WD) by mauronofrio, thanks.

I'm updating the twrp also in the tool, some minutes
    Thank you!

Just to recap:

1. Download the full updated ROM and place the file in the root of the internal storage.
    2. Reboot the system so that the update gets detected and installed (I'll most likely download the update directly from the phone, not though a computer).
    3. DON'T reboot the system after the update process is finished. Instead launch Magisk Manager and install Magisk on the inactive slot.
    4. Reboot

Is this correct?
    Yes, that's what worked for me.
    Maybe few more remarks:
    - you will loose custom recovery, if you have one. I did reflash of twrp using Fastboot
    - if you want to play safe, disable any modules you may have active in magisk before reboot, then enable one by one. But it's not critical, you should be able to solve any potential boot problems via custom recovery...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone