[TOOLKIT] [MAC] [Nexus 5] Root, TWRP Recovery, Unroot, & More! 12/27/14

techfanatic9

Mar 31, 2012
Vernon Hills, IL
www.androidrootz.com

Can't forget about the Mac users right?

I have personally tested all these toolkits on my Nexus 5. They are confirmed working!

What Can This One-Click Mac Toolkit Do?
Root Nexus 5
Install TWRP Recovery on Nexus 5
Unroot Nexus 5 to Stock Android 5.0.1 Lollipop!
Unlock Bootloder
Lock Bootloader

Download all the Mac toolkits here:
http://www.androidrootz.com/2013/11/nexus-5-one-click-toolkit-for-mac.html

FAQ:
Q: I want to root my Nexus 5, do I need to download each part of the toolkit separately?
A: No, all you need to do is download the root toolkit. That toolkit will unlock your bootloader, install TWRP, and root it.

Change Log*
December 27th 2014:
Toolkits updated for Lollipop support
November 6th 2013:
Initial Release

Last edited:

jnehama

Feb 10, 2011
Thank you. Just moved to a Mac recently and have never used it to root a device yet. Thanks for making it accessible!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

persianrisk

Oct 12, 2013

Can't forget about the Mac users right?

I have personally tested all these toolkits on my Nexus 5. They are confirmed working!

What Can This One-Click Mac Toolkit Do?
Root Nexus 5
Install TWRP Recovery on Nexus 5
Unroot Nexus 5 to Stock Android 4.4 Kit Kat!
Unlock Bootloder
Lock Bootloader

Get all the Mac toolkits here:
http://www.androidrootz.com/2013/11/nexus-5-one-click-toolkit-for-mac.html

Change Log*
November 6th 2013:
Initial Release
Thank you very much. ;)

Reactions: lucasj and Jocelyn

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
Will this prevent me from getting the OTA updates? I could install them manually that doesn't bother me , but I had a bad experience when I rooted my nexus 4, when I tried to apply the update manually it didnt go through, it always gave a " operation aborted" message , why was that? Would it be the same if I root my nexus 5?

Will rooting erase my data? I know unlocking the bootloader does, but I'm not sure if rooting does :confused:

devaughnaw

Nov 6, 2013
Will this prevent me from getting the OTA updates? I could install them manually that doesn't bother me , but I had a bad experience when I rooted my nexus 4, when I tried to apply the update manually it didnt go through, it always gave a " operation aborted" message , why was that? Would it be the same if I root my nexus 5?

Will rooting erase my data? I know unlocking the bootloader does, but I'm not sure if rooting does :confused:
You'll still get OTA updates as long as you don't install any custom ROMS and kernels.

MLAM

Jul 28, 2013
Hampshire
Thanks for this,

May I ask what version of Mac OS X are you using?

I'm on mavericks and I get "Root.Nexus.5" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer"

Granted I only tested it without the phone plugged in to see what it says.

530farm

Aug 3, 2012
Oakland
I notice all the tookits are specific to 1 task.

I want to root, unlock my bootloader and install twrp.

Is there a specific order that I should run the tool kits?

adamsweeting

Jul 15, 2010
Thanks for this,

May I ask what version of Mac OS X are you using?

I'm on mavericks and I get "Root.Nexus.5" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer"

Granted I only tested it without the phone plugged in to see what it says.
You need to go into System Preferences, Security & Privacy, General tab. Click the padlock at the bottom left, bung your password in. Then click the "Anywhere" button under "Allow apps downloaded from:"

530farm

Aug 3, 2012
Oakland
I unlocked the bootloader, installed twrp but when I tried to reboot the phone so I could add the SuperSU zip to root, it gets stuck at the Google boot animation. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

lazydesi

Jan 26, 2011
I unlocked the bootloader, installed twrp but when I tried to reboot the phone so I could add the SuperSU zip to root, it gets stuck at the Google boot animation. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app
you can

Enter into recovery mode and do a factory reset.