[Toolkit] Mac OS X Toolkit for unlocking, flashing, rooting

Search This thread

Consistant

Mar 2, 2014
Hello everyone!

Since there was such a demand for a OS X Toolkit, I've made one. It's quite simple and is made in Bash. It should work on all OS X versions.

It has been downloaded over 700 times on MediaFire alone and has been tested by several members, including myself.

Requirements:
* OS X
* A OnePlus One
* Cable to connect to your Mac (needs to be able to transfer data, if one cable doesn't work try another!).

That's it.

What it can do:
* Instructions to enable USB Debugging.
* Unlock or lock the bootloader of your OnePlus One
* Flash a custom recovery or the stock recovery (TWRP, CWM, PhilZ, Stock)
* Can root the OnePlus One (SuperSU)
* Reflash the entire device back to stock
* Install ADB and Fastboot to your Mac for manual use
* Do some basic ADB/Fastboot commands like rebooting, checking bootloader status and sideloading.
* Remove the tamper bit.

It's all one application that you need to run. It's quite simple and I've tried to make it as user friendly as possible. Hopefully it'll work for you. If it doesn't, please post in the thread and I'll probably take a look, same goes for bugs or such things.

Please remember that it must not be renamed, otherwise it won't work.

Thanks to the creators of the recoveries and Chainfire for SuperSU. Those are the real devs.

The source is available inside the application in Contents/Resources/Scripts, it doesn't have any comments or anything, but should be so straight forward that reading it shouldn't be a problem.

Enjoy!

Downloads:

Mega
MediaFire

Changelog:

Ver. 1.2.8

- Updated stock image to XNPH38R.
- Updated the stock recovery to XNPH38R's recovery.
- Added an experimental way to restore the old blue lockscreen.

Ver. 1.2.6
- Updated the TWRP image 2.8.0.1
- Updated SuperSU binary to 2.02.
- Removed unnecessary(?) reboot command at the end of the bootloader unlock menu.
- Updated the "reflash back to stock" image to XNPH33R.

Ver 1.2.4
- Updated the TWRP image to 2.7.1.1.

Ver. 1.2.3
- Made it clear that booting custom recoveries without unlocking the bootloader is impossible in OTA 30O or later.
- Made the DMG automatically open after mounting.
- Changed the wget binary to another one. The previous wget was likely built with my personal OpenSSL setup from Homebrew and was thus not compatible with everyone.
- Small fixes

Ver. 1.2.1
- Big bug fix to rooting without installing a bootloader (rebooted you previously into recovery when it was supposed to reboot you into fastboot). Thanks to Nandmp for finding that one.
- Removed the "You need an unlocked bootloader to root" information in the rooting menu.
- Removed a few sudos that weren't necessary.
- Minor fixes here and there.

Ver. 1.2
- Added a way to lock the bootloader.
- Added a special way to unlock a relocked bootloader without wiping the phone. It can also remove the tamper bit! See the devs' thread for more information.:
- Made it possible to root the phone without installing a custom recovery.
- Made it easier to reflash back to stock. It now downloads and the factory image automatically in a designated folder.
- Added locking in the basic adb/fastboot commands.
- Added reflashing the stock image by using a manually downloaded factory image in the basic commands.
- Loads of fixes here and there.

Ver. 1.15
- Fixed critical bug in reflashing back to stock for 64GB devices (thanks to @X10D3 for finding this one)
- Added experimental "boot to any custom recovery without installing it" to the basic fastboot commands.

Ver. 1.1
- It can now be run from anywhere!
- Added new custom logo and DMG style
- Problem where some people couldn't open the application due to multiple terminals should be fixed now.
- Fixed compression issue. It's now around 45MB again.

Ver. 1.05:
- Added a way to check the current lock status of the bootloader in the basic commands center.
- Small changes to the instructions when unlocking the bootloader.
- Reshuffled Installing ADB/Fastboot and some basic commands.
- Made some small changes to the basic commands menu to make it a little neater and easier to use with some extra instructions for certain commands.

Ver. 1.02:
- Removed warranty disclaimer since OnePlus does actually not invalidate your warranty by unlocking.
- Included further important steps to flash a custom recovery.
- Added the ability to install ADB and Fastboot into the system for manual use in the terminal.
- Added some basic commands you can do without installing ADB/Fastboot to the system like rebooting.
- Added version to About.
- Updated screenshot below.

Ver. 1.00:
-Initial release.

OnePlus thread

Here's a screenshot:
e6mNP0M.png

Last edited:

Consistant

Mar 2, 2014
Really? That's very interesting. Got a source on that? If so I'll remove the disclaimer from it in the next version if someone finds bugs or similar problems.

Yeah, I just Googled it and it seems indeed like the warranty isn't voided by unlocking the bootloader. That's a first, props to OnePlus for doing that.

And thanks to you for pointing out! I'll make sure to get that fixed once someone has properly tested it in case it needs additional changes.

G

GuestK003

When flashing a recovery:

ERROR: could not get pipe properties
rebooting...

Just posting for FYI.

joeg6217

Jan 22, 2011
I've used a few different toolkits for a variety of phones.

This was the best and easiest I've used yet.

Everything worked perfectly.

Brilliant

:good:

Reactions: Consistant

belugone

Jan 31, 2005
in my Mac won't start (mavericks )....

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

only a corrupted downloaded file. noow work on my maverick's imac, sorry

sharp2G

Nov 8, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Hello everyone!

Since there was such a demand for a OS X Toolkit, I've made one. It's quite simple and is made in Bash. It should work on all OS X versions.

It is under testing by several members, but I cannot test it personally due to not having One. I've gone through it many times now, checked that ADB and Fastboot works on two OS X computers and it should work perfectly fine, but at least keep it in mind.

Requirements:
* OS X
* A OnePlus One
* Cable to connect to your Mac (needs to be able to transfer data, if one cable doesn't work try another!).

That's it.

What it can do:
* Unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus One
* Do some basic ADB/Fastboot commands like rebooting, checking bootloader status and sideloading.

It's all one application that you need to run. It's quite simple and I've tried to make it as user friendly as possible. Hopefully it'll work for you. If it doesn't, please post in the thread and I'll probably take a look, same goes for bugs or such things.

Thanks to the creators of the recoveries and Chainfire for SuperSU. Those are the real devs.

The source is available inside the application in Contents/Resources/Scripts, it doesn't have any comments or anything, but should be so straight forward that reading it shouldn't be a problem.

Enjoy!

Downloads:

Mega
MediaFire

Changelog:

Ver 1.1
- Problem where some people couldn't open the application due to multiple terminals should be fixed now.

Ver 1.05:
- Added a way to check the current lock status of the bootloader in the basic commands center.
- Made some small changes to the basic commands menu to make it a little neater and easier to use with some extra instructions for certain commands.

Ver 1.02:
- Removed warranty disclaimer since OnePlus does actually not invalidate your warranty by unlocking.
- Added the ability to install ADB and Fastboot into the system for manual use in the terminal.
- Added some basic commands you can do without installing ADB/Fastboot to the system like rebooting.

Ver 1.00:
-Initial release.

OnePlus thread

Here's a screenshot:
s72CbGb.png

I'm trying to unlock my boot loader, but thing is popping up.
Make sure your phone is inside Android, is connected to your Mac and has
USB Debugging enabled.

After continuing you need to authorize your computer by looking at your phone and tell it to 'Always allow' your computer.

Press any key to continue...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

Consistant

Mar 2, 2014
I'm trying to unlock my boot loader, but thing is popping up.
Make sure your phone is inside Android, is connected to your Mac and has
USB Debugging enabled.

After continuing you need to authorize your computer by looking at your phone and tell it to 'Always allow' your computer.

Press any key to continue...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

Yes, that's ADB starting up it's server as usual. Keep waiting (it looks for your device) for a minute or two. If nothing happens try using the "See all devices connected" in the "basic adb and fastboot commands" menu. If you need to keep waiting forever or it says "No devices" then you need to try with another USB cable as that one might not have data transfer capabilities.

Remember as the instructions tell you, you need to enable USB Debugging and you need to be inside Android (like on the homescreen or something).

Reactions: sharp2G

sharp2G

Nov 8, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Yes, that's ADB starting up it's server as usual. Keep waiting (it looks for your device) for a minute or two. If nothing happens try using the "See all devices connected" in the "basic adb and fastboot commands" menu. If you need to keep waiting forever or it says "No devices" then you need to try with another USB cable as that one might not have data transfer capabilities.

Remember as the instructions tell you, you need to enable USB Debugging and you need to be inside Android (like on the homescreen or something).

I've managed to get root access thanks to your application for Mac! THANK-YOU!

Reactions: Consistant
G

GuestK003

Huge bug when flashing to stock. It's flashing userdata instead of userdata_64G. userdata_64G has to be used when you're flashing the 64gb variant. A work around is to delete the userdata file and rename userdata_64G to userdata. then run the install script. You may modify your app so that it asks if you have the 16 or 64 then load the install script associated with the size.

Last edited:

Consistant

Mar 2, 2014
Huge bug when flashing to stock. It's flashing userdata instead of userdata_64G. userdata_64G has to be used when you're flashing the 64gb variant. A work around is to delete the userdata file and rename userdata_64G to userdata. then run the install script. You may modify your app so that it asks if you have the 16 or 64 then load the install script associated with the size.

Thank you so much for pointing this out, that's an extremely ugly bug that can cause problems. I'll make sure to get that fixed as fast as I can by adding a simple prompt asking for the version.

Reactions: Gvndeb60

nanoo-eg

Aug 27, 2008
Cairo
I have a question. We need to download anything else like sdk, drivers or just the tool kit? I have see that adb drivers and fastboot can be installed from the tool kit. Thats all?
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone!

It has been downloaded over 700 times on MediaFire alone and has been tested by several members, including myself.

Requirements:
    * OS X
    * A OnePlus One

That's it.

What it can do:
    * Unlock or lock the bootloader of your OnePlus One
    * Remove the tamper bit.

Enjoy!

Downloads:

Mega
    MediaFire

Changelog:

Ver. 1.2.8

- Updated stock image to XNPH38R.
    - Updated the stock recovery to XNPH38R's recovery.
    - Added an experimental way to restore the old blue lockscreen.

Ver. 1.2.6
    - Removed unnecessary(?) reboot command at the end of the bootloader unlock menu.

Ver 1.2.4
    - Updated the TWRP image to 2.7.1.1.

Ver. 1.2.3
    - Made it clear that booting custom recoveries without unlocking the bootloader is impossible in OTA 30O or later.
    - Made the DMG automatically open after mounting.
    - Changed the wget binary to another one. The previous wget was likely built with my personal OpenSSL setup from Homebrew and was thus not compatible with everyone.
    - Small fixes

Ver. 1.2.1
    - Big bug fix to rooting without installing a bootloader (rebooted you previously into recovery when it was supposed to reboot you into fastboot). Thanks to Nandmp for finding that one.
    - Removed the "You need an unlocked bootloader to root" information in the rooting menu.
    - Removed a few sudos that weren't necessary.
    - Minor fixes here and there.

Ver. 1.2
    - Added a special way to unlock a relocked bootloader without wiping the phone. It can also remove the tamper bit! See the devs' thread for more information.:
    - Made it easier to reflash back to stock. It now downloads and the factory image automatically in a designated folder.
    - Added reflashing the stock image by using a manually downloaded factory image in the basic commands.

Ver. 1.15
    - Fixed critical bug in reflashing back to stock for 64GB devices (thanks to @X10D3 for finding this one)
    - Added experimental "boot to any custom recovery without installing it" to the basic fastboot commands.

Ver. 1.1

Ver. 1.05:

Ver. 1.02:

Ver. 1.00:
    -Initial release.

OnePlus thread

Here's a screenshot:
    e6mNP0M.png
    Code:
    You are solemnly responsible for the use of this toolkit.
    If your OnePlus One is damaged by this toolkit in any way
    it is your responsibility and blame. If this is crystal clear,
    write the word understood in lower case below to start.

-----------------------------------------------------
    Did you understand? (Y/N): 
    Y

You did not read the disclaimer. Please read it.

Did you understand? (Y/N): 

./bootloaderunlock.sh: line 24: [: =: unary operator expected
    ./bootloaderunlock.sh: line 76: [: =: unary operator expected

You did not read the disclaimer. Please read it.

To unlock it does not work and returns me the script errors

Well, your main problem is, that you didn't read the whole disclaimer ;) If you would have done so, you wouldn't try to type "Y" ;)
    I am interested to know this also

Sorry for a late answer, but yes. Yes it does work on the newest version, but you need to unlock the phone to root it, while on the old CM11S version you didn't (due to a "flaw" in the bootloader).

The toolkit is updated:

Ver. 1.2.6
    Hello Everyone, searched the thread, new question!

So. updated to 4.4.4, want to use this tool!

I choose UNLOCK BOOTLOADER, it reboots to fastboot no problem, but then just stays at 'waiting for devices'

Also, tried manually via the sdk. ./fastboot oem unlock still chills at 'waiting for devices'

:( Ideas

*update* I checked Terminals "supporting encoding" under preferences, and enabled every kind. It works now. Dunno why the hell it wasnt lol

THANK YOU!!!!!
    New version is released people! Features, features, features!

Ver 1.2
    - Added a special way to unlock a relocked bootloader without wiping the phone it can also remove the tamper bit! (Thread)

Do I need to download anything else to revert to stock?

Not anymore you don't! It will now automatically download the factory image, unzip and fix everything. Please download the new version and test it out!