Avast reported trojan during download.
False allert ?
ULbZd.jpg

m.sabra

Sep 3, 2011
Beirut
Avast reported trojan during download.
False allert ?

just check the attachment,the tool have over 13,000 download on this mirror only (about 25,000 download in total for all versions),and the download site says it's virus free,and i never got any complains about viruses in my tools.so false alarm.

Attachments

• Untitled3.png
    Untitled3.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 644
Last edited:

3kgt

Jan 8, 2010
Have anyone uppdated who installed this root to 4.2?
I got the uppdate from google,, but couldint uppdate yet (dunno how)
Tips?

sshanky

May 29, 2009
Stuck at <waiting for device>...what do I do?

I updated to 4.2 using the zip file and updating it from within CWM. It worked fine, but I lost root. I have the donate version of the toolkit, which is up to date now, but I can't get it to root the device. It is waiting for ADB, even though I have USB Debugging enabled. I have also reinstalled the drivers from the toolkit, and tried unplugging and replugging the cable, even in different USB ports. I've tried everything I know, but can't get past this...what do I do? Here is a screenshot of the toolkit (I didn't downgrade the bootloader in this image because I've done it in previous attempts already):

nexustoolkit42Capture.JPG

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

[email protected]_OC

Jul 29, 2011
Lyon
I updated to 4.2 using the zip file and updating it from within CWM. It worked fine, but I lost root. I have the donate version of the toolkit, which is up to date now, but I can't get it to root the device. It is waiting for ADB, even though I have USB Debugging enabled. I have also reinstalled the drivers from the toolkit, and tried unplugging and replugging the cable, even in different USB ports. I've tried everything I know, but can't get past this...what do I do? Here is a screenshot of the toolkit (I didn't downgrade the bootloader in this image because I've done it in previous attempts already):

nexustoolkit42Capture.JPG

Thanks a lot!

Fastboot is your friend man!
You can find a bunch of threads who gives you the way to root manually your devices. ;)

m.sabra

Sep 3, 2011
Beirut
Download showing up as a Trojan for me...Is this just a false reading?

as i said before you can check the number of download and the virus status in the mirror site,xda would have removed this a long time ago if it was a virus,the tool structure is simple,it contains the ".exe" file which is a compiled bat file,adb,fastboot,cwm,drivers,and su binaries so there is nothing suspicious in it.

Last edited:

joe2262

Jan 30, 2011
I used this tool a while back and thought it went well, titanium backup and root explorer both ran as expected. But now I'm not so sure. Stick mount doesn't work and Lock Screen Policy will remove the widgets it won't remove the bold hour. It asks if I have root. Is it safe to use the tool again?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tool will root you nexus 7 install su or super su and ClockWorkMod recovery!!
    i already developed a similar tool for the nexus s and galaxy nexus,this tool is based on the same code with few modifications.it should root your device in few minutes,so give it a spin and tell me how it goes :D

Disclaimer!
    Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked or damaged devices
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications.

Current v1.5:http://d-h.st/xMX

Mirror:http://www.mediafire.com/?c29tr726xpejad7

(old versions)
    v1.1: http://d-h.st/8I4
    Extract the downloaded zip file on your pc,install the drivers available in the "drivers" folder if you don't have them already installed,after installing the drivers run the file called "root.exe" to root your device.

and here is a video that explains it all (big thank to SladeNoctics) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q6uBd38hm0&feature=youtu.be

Changelog
    v1.5
    -updated superuser and supersu
    -new recovery (all cwm bugs should be fixed)
    -new menu that
    Hrm...there are a lot of ways you could improve this.
    Worked right out of the box, thank you.

1. Install driver accordingly, for 32bit or 64bit OS.
    2. Watch the question on Nexus 7 screen to let it unlock, use volume and power buttons to choose it.
    3. Remember to turn USB Debugging back on again after first boot, it wiped out everything.
    4. Go apps drawer, go Super User and update the bin coed twice.
    5. Install Busybox Free to create busybox.

Done, and I install TB after this to restore my apps from other android, everything worked like a chime.
    Well I am impressed. I thought for sure I would be seeing it AFTER it was shipped.

Good job!

This is Xda!!!!!!! (said in the Sparta scream voice)
    also do i need android sdk installed for this toolkit to work?