[Toolkit] Nexus Multitool

Search This thread

BitNotFound

Oct 7, 2013
Nexus 7 (2013)
Samsung Galaxy Gear
[#nexusmultitoolp1]

If you like it, you might consider donating. ;)
DOWNLOADS
Source Code - Github

[#nexusmultitoolp2]

XDA:DevDB Information
Nexus Multitool, Tool/Utility for the Nexus 6

Contributors
photonicgeek, photonicgeek

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 0.10
Beta Release Date: 2014-11-23

Created 2014-11-24
Last Updated 2014-11-24

Last edited:

bigant262

May 12, 2009
Thanks for this! Going to make things a lot easier for people just getting their phones

BitNotFound

Oct 7, 2013
Nexus 7 (2013)
Samsung Galaxy Gear
Awesome news, my N6 should b arriving this week. What root method does this tool use? Custom kernel or is it using the SuperSU 2.27beta?

Custom kernel. I think it is the better option in the long run because google can easily patch the method that Chainfire uses now. The kernel method, however, is very unlikely to be patched. This will patch whatever kernel you want to use though, so you'll be fine!

Reactions: marc.ientilucci

Xileforce

Feb 27, 2012
Sweet! Just wondering, do you think it would be possible to bundle in a decryption feature as well?

BitNotFound

Oct 7, 2013
Nexus 7 (2013)
Samsung Galaxy Gear
Sweet! Just wondering, do you think it would be possible to bundle in a decryption feature as well?

Not really original development

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

@Xileforce Already in there in v0.10! :)

@paychex
According to XDA it is! :p The "Original elements": Device decryption for N6 and N9, supports every single Nexus device, offers a ROM installer for compatible devices, etc.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2112240
The following are most likely “Original Development”:

*Official releases of highly original and upstream custom ROMs (built from the ground up with significant original development within them
*Official releases/development of such original ROMs, perhaps posted by the maintainer or their nominated person.
*A significant “first” in development for a device. Significant is subjective, but it is likely something which took considerable time/effort, and is generally accepted by developers to be significant and non-trivial.
*Kernels which are built with beneficial changes that are not simply pulled from other kernels already available. Some element of original work is expected.
*Tools and utilities with a clear purpose, and which are well-made, and useful to users. They should have an element of originality, either in purpose or through significant improvement in the means of operation.
*Significant port of a ROM from one device to another, giving enhanced features or functionality to users of the target device. The port should be beneficial (a port from two virtually identical devices isn’t original development, it’s winzipping, and nobody really benefits from this, as it’s not development)

Last edited:

bryancotton84

Dec 4, 2010
Michigan
Ive still never fully grasped how to use adb on Mac. Ive got the file downloaded and on my desktop and have terminal cd'd to the file correctly and when I enter "chmod +x Nexus-Multitool.sh" it tells me there is no such file or directory...any help is appreciated.

oak

Aug 31, 2006
Colorado
Photonicgeek, will this interfere with adb/fastboot packages I already have installed or will it operate separately ? (Linux)

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [#nexusmultitoolp1]

If you like it, you might consider donating. ;)
    DOWNLOADS
    Source Code - Github

[#nexusmultitoolp2]

XDA:DevDB Information
    Nexus Multitool, Tool/Utility for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    photonicgeek, photonicgeek

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 0.10
    Beta Release Date: 2014-11-23

Created 2014-11-24
    Last Updated 2014-11-24
    Ive still never fully grasped how to use adb on Mac. Ive got the file downloaded and on my desktop and have terminal cd'd to the file correctly and when I enter "chmod +x Nexus-Multitool.sh" it tells me there is no such file or directory...any help is appreciated.

Easiest way:
    1: Open terminal.
    2: Type in 'chmod 755 ' (Without quotes, and with a space at the end!)
    3: Click and drag the Nexus-Multitool-v0.11.sh into the terminal window
    4: Hit enter
    5: To run, just click and drag the file into the terminal window and hit enter.

Not really original development

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

@Xileforce Already in there in v0.10! :)

@paychex
    According to XDA it is! :p The "Original elements": Device decryption for N6 and N9, supports every single Nexus device, offers a ROM installer for compatible devices, etc.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2112240
    The following are most likely “Original Development”:

*Official releases of highly original and upstream custom ROMs (built from the ground up with significant original development within them
    *Official releases/development of such original ROMs, perhaps posted by the maintainer or their nominated person.
    *A significant “first” in development for a device. Significant is subjective, but it is likely something which took considerable time/effort, and is generally accepted by developers to be significant and non-trivial.
    *Kernels which are built with beneficial changes that are not simply pulled from other kernels already available. Some element of original work is expected.
    *Tools and utilities with a clear purpose, and which are well-made, and useful to users. They should have an element of originality, either in purpose or through significant improvement in the means of operation.
    *Significant port of a ROM from one device to another, giving enhanced features or functionality to users of the target device. The port should be beneficial (a port from two virtually identical devices isn’t original development, it’s winzipping, and nobody really benefits from this, as it’s not development)
    Cool, might have to check this out!