[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Gnex GSM Thread

Search This thread

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:

Pepper67

Oct 5, 2010
Hey I downloaded this program to try to fix my nexus. Its stuck at the google boot screen.
I saw this video on youtube and did the hold vol up down and power button to get to fastboot.
Then Im supposed to do the "flash stock + unroot" option but I keep getting a message that fastboot device was not found.
Basically stuck at this point now...
any ideas?

drafgnjom

Sep 9, 2012
quezon city
How can i update the files? Lets say the twrp recovery? I tried checking for updates but it says nexus root toolkit files are all updated but when i root w/ custom recovery it flashes the old version.. Thanks!

kevtrysmoddin

Jul 17, 2011
Google Pixel 4 XL
Wugfresh got my gnex yesterday and used this to root, unlock the boot loader and install twrp very quick and easy to use keep up the good work

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

androidkid311

Jun 5, 2011
How can i update the files? Lets say the twrp recovery? I tried checking for updates but it says nexus root toolkit files are all updated but when i root w/ custom recovery it flashes the old version.. Thanks!

Install goo manager from play store and update recovery through there. What I do :D

Reactions: drafgnjom

xxSAKISxx

Dec 12, 2009
VOLOS
guys i have a simple question. I keep hearing about clean install of a rom and my question is this. When you select the option back to stock the toolkit just flash stock rom over the installed rom or first eipe the phone and after flash the stock image. In few words the back to stock option is clean install or not. thanks in advance guys

Send from my awesome-superb-f.... ng incredible Galaxy Nexus

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
Android City
guys i have a simple question. I keep hearing about clean install of a rom and my question is this. When you select the option back to stock the toolkit just flash stock rom over the installed rom or first eipe the phone and after flash the stock image. In few words the back to stock option is clean install or not. thanks in advance guys

the stock firmware will replace the current rom and userdata.img will erase your data. it is like "automated fastboot flash".

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
ok tnx again.To bad that we can't flash custom roms with toolkit. I dont know but i feel more "safe" when i do stuff with my nexus through my laptop.

v1.6.4 is up. :) Yes, you can flash custom roms through the tookit. Use "Flash zips" with "file is on this computer button. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}

xxSAKISxx

Dec 12, 2009
VOLOS
hey wugfresh version 1.6.6 is 100% compatible with 4.3? I mean i can flash 4.3 and root with a click or i have to flash something esle? Anyway thank you for the great work.

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
hey wugfresh version 1.6.6 is 100% compatible with 4.3? I mean i can flash 4.3 and root with a click or i have to flash something esle? Anyway thank you for the great work.

Lots of users have reported success however I am releasing v1.6.7 later today with some fixes. I finished everything last night but it was so late I didn't have the time to publish it. The choice is yours.

{{ WugFresh }}

rjkmadison

Apr 3, 2011
Madison, WI
Encrypted phone?

I just tried to root my phone and realize that the NRT may not work because my phone is encrypted. Does this root method use the SDcard to stage the root install?

I have used NRT in the past and it was quick and easy. Now, I am think that I previously rooted before encrypting my phone.

Help? Thanks.

Additional info:
Galaxy Nexus takju with Android 4.3
Rooting without custom recovery - temporary use of TWRP

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    ok tnx again.To bad that we can't flash custom roms with toolkit. I dont know but i feel more "safe" when i do stuff with my nexus through my laptop.

v1.6.4 is up. :) Yes, you can flash custom roms through the tookit. Use "Flash zips" with "file is on this computer button. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}

Lots of users have reported success however I am releasing v1.6.7 later today with some fixes. I finished everything last night but it was so late I didn't have the time to publish it. The choice is yours.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Root with NRT (Video by Rootjunky)

More videos here: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/
    after updating the app to the latest version 1.8.7 whenever I click on push files and folder, after entering the location when clicked on Ok the program gives a popup saying Done! and when i click on ok the app closes.

I tried uninstalling and re installing the app again! no go.

Thats not right. I will see if I can figure out what's causing that for you. I aim to push a new version out tonight or tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Screenshot attached!

Thanks for reporting this. Fixed in v1.8.8 which is now live. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}