[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Gnex Sprint Thread

Search This thread

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:

ensboarder

Feb 1, 2012
Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.3 [Updated 02/24/13]: Gnex Sprint Thread

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

matthew0776

Dec 22, 2012
Chicago
Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.3 [Updated 02/24/13]: Gnex Sprint Thread

Will be using this weekend on my replacement device..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Masterlists are now updated so the toolkit now has full 4.2.1 sprint gnex support. Enjoy!

{{ WugFresh }}

dalumberjack

May 7, 2010
anyone else getting a virus warning when trying to install the new tookit? Attached a screenshot of the error I am receiving.

Just a false read and continue as normal I assume?

Windows 7 64bit

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
anyone else getting a virus warning when trying to install the new tookit? Attached a screenshot of the error I am receiving.

Windows 7 64bit

That's not a virus warning. Thats a legitimate warning. Its telling you that you have an incomplete download.. i.e the archive is corrupt. Redownload the toolkit and try installing it again. Make sure the file size matches what is posted on my webiste, or hashcheck it. Use a good browser and a stable connection to download files.

Edit: I see the virus warning now as well. Yes, that is a false positive, and you should report it to your AV provider - they will review it and add it their whitelist database - I have done this with many AV providers, but its difficult to keep sending them stuff for every release. But my original statement stands.. it looks like an incomplete download as well.

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:

AGoogleUser

Dec 14, 2012
Harmony
My wugfresh won't restore my nexus to stock. I am trying to restore factory 4.2.1. It goes through all the steps and completes but I still am booted to my custom rom. My sdcard was wiped so I have no stock ROM to restore from recovery.

EDIT: Updated Wugfresh and it works again!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

risingfish

Oct 30, 2010
Has anyone been able to get this to work on Windows 8? I can connect to my Verizon Galaxy nexus all day long using adb but NRT is unable to even see connected devices.

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Has anyone been able to get this to work on Windows 8? I can connect to my Verizon Galaxy nexus all day long using adb but NRT is unable to even see connected devices.

I use Win8 as my primary OS. Have you tried alternate USB ports and/or alternate driver solutions? I included more than one in case one doesn't work for you. Make sure to follow the steps completely. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}

Reactions: risingfish

goast

Aug 18, 2012
Hinesville, Ga
Will this work for 4.3 Roms as well? I know we don't have any factory images for that version but will drivers and such still work?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

risingfish

Oct 30, 2010
I use Win8 as my primary OS. Have you tried alternate USB ports and/or alternate driver solutions? I included more than one in case one doesn't work for you. Make sure to follow the steps completely. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}

Hey Wug, thank you the response and thank you for taking the time to build the app, folks like you willing to put time into this stuff is a great thing. I worked through the driver install (both automatic and manual), and the troubleshooting, but didn't have any luck with the gui. I ended up tracking down manual root instructions and was able to get the phone rooted. Rooting my galaxy nexus was a lot easier than I remember rooting my Fascinate was.

Cheers and thanks!
Zac

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}

Windows 7 64bit

That's not a virus warning. Thats a legitimate warning. Its telling you that you have an incomplete download.. i.e the archive is corrupt. Redownload the toolkit and try installing it again. Make sure the file size matches what is posted on my webiste, or hashcheck it. Use a good browser and a stable connection to download files.

Edit: I see the virus warning now as well. Yes, that is a false positive, and you should report it to your AV provider - they will review it and add it their whitelist database - I have done this with many AV providers, but its difficult to keep sending them stuff for every release. But my original statement stands.. it looks like an incomplete download as well.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Root with NRT (Video by Rootjunky)

More videos here: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/
    Will this work for 4.3 Roms as well? I know we don't have any factory images for that version but will drivers and such still work?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yes. Select, custom ROM as your build. If that doesn't work properly select the latest android build available for your device.

{{ WugFresh }}
    it works for my
    galaxy nexus 4.3 JWR66Y