[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Gnex Verizon Thread

Search This thread

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
As per requested by users, here is a thread for the NRT specifically dedicated to the Verizon Gnex. <-- This is the device I personally have. :)

I will push an update out to the master lists shortly to add official support for 4.2.2 vzn gnex.

Cheers,

{{ WugFresh }}

Masterlists are now updated and all the corresponding files are properly uploaded so now the toolkit has full 4.2.2 support for the vzn gnex. Just initiate an update in the toolkit and you will see the 4.2.2 build in the build list, and it will also be available as a factory image you can automatically download and flash to in the flash stock interface. Enjoy!

{{ WugFresh }}

omniatic

Oct 15, 2009
Milwaukee
Still can't find 4.2.2, build JDQ39 in the list. I've run the update check and it says it's up to date, but still don't get it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Still can't find 4.2.2, build JDQ39 in the list. I've run the update check and it says it's up to date, but still don't get it.

I will be pushing out v1.6.4 soon with a fix to make sure that the masterlists update properly for everyone along with other changes and enhancements.

{{ WugFresh }}

reggie cheeks

May 5, 2011
Lake Tapps
Thanks for all your hard work WugFresh. Awaiting your update for 4.2.2.

I've used this tool for updating by choosing "any build" and downloading 4.2.2 from the link on the tool. Success!) Radio and all. I'm sure I'll do it again for kicks when he updates but in the meantime has anyone else done it this way?

NexusNero

Jun 5, 2012
Brevard County
I am running a 4.2.2 custom ROM and need to unroot and lock again to use warranty.....will this toolkit work. Been looking for awhile now and the "4.2.2 coming soon" comment above makes me think that it won't work to unroot my 4.2.2 custom ROM back to factory. Will it?

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
I am running a 4.2.2 custom ROM and need to unroot and lock again to use warranty.....will this toolkit work. Been looking for awhile now and the "4.2.2 coming soon" comment above makes me think that it won't work to unroot my 4.2.2 custom ROM back to factory. Will it?

Yes it will work for that, and if you need to root again then use "any build".

You just have to download the factory image package from Google and use Other/browse in the flash stock interface.
Google Code - Factory Image Packages

{{ WugFresh }}

Reactions: NexusNero

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Hi;
Is this tool support (i515)?
i need to unlock one to use it in gsm network! is this possible?
thnx in advance.

Yes. Don't confuse unlocking the bootloader (what this toolkit does) with carrier unlocking. They are two completely different things. Good luck.

{{ WugFresh }}

Delo718

Apr 26, 2013
Masterlists are now updated and all the corresponding files are properly uploaded so now the toolkit has full 4.2.2 support for the vzn gnex. Just initiate an update in the toolkit and you will see the 4.2.2 build in the build list, and it will also be available as a factory image you can automatically download and flash to in the flash stock interface. Enjoy!

{{ WugFresh }}

First off thanks a ton for making this, I feel obliged to donate because you make this whole process a breeze. So I went back to rooted stock 4.2.2, and now I want to flash a custom rom. When i go to flash the zips to my gnex it says this can't be done while i'm on the "any build" option. Since there isn't a way to select 4.2.2 yet will it work if i select "custom rom (jb)" option?

EDIT: I just went back to 4.1.1 then flashed the rom (duh) btw AOKP build 6 works awesome so far.

Last edited:

justen7723

Apr 3, 2011
toledo
This should be stickied!!!!!!!! I honestly don't understand why it hasn't been yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

justen7723

Apr 3, 2011
toledo
Last version worked for my toro. Did the update take that away?

Edit: pretty sure I used this on my nexus 7 too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Title should also be updated. Stating that it's for the GSM Gnex is very confusing for us CDMA peeps.

This is just a thread for GSM Gnex people. The toolkit is for all Nexus devices. I made separate threads per device when requested by user's. The main universal thread can be found in the nexus 7 section of xda.

{{ WugFresh }}

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Root with NRT (Video by Rootjunky)

More videos here: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

I will be pushing out v1.6.4 soon with a fix to make sure that the masterlists update properly for everyone along with other changes and enhancements.

{{ WugFresh }}
    As per requested by users, here is a thread for the NRT specifically dedicated to the Verizon Gnex. <-- This is the device I personally have. :)

I will push an update out to the master lists shortly to add official support for 4.2.2 vzn gnex.

Cheers,

{{ WugFresh }}

{{ WugFresh }}
    Yes. Don't confuse unlocking the bootloader (what this toolkit does) with carrier unlocking. They are two completely different things. Good luck.

{{ WugFresh }}

and you cant use a verizon gnex on a gsm networks to answer his question, so the only thing you'll be unlocking is the bootloader.