[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Nexus 4 Thread

Search This thread

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Does automatically install Clockwork recovery?

If you check the "flash custom recovery" checkbox under root, then yes.. however it defaults to flash TWRP, unless the user selects CWM in the options menu:
options_1.6.0.png

It also will take care of renaming the system files to ensure its sticks, and it will install the busybox installer (free) app by Stericson.

{{ WugFresh }}

evaradar

Aug 29, 2010
Toronto
Nice. Will be nice to have this as a backup option :). Definitely easier to use in terms of UI thank the Nexus 4 Root toolkit by mskip heh.

Last edited:

ninjames

Oct 16, 2010
Dayton
That backup option - is there a way, once unlocked and rooted, to grab my apps from the backup that were wiped, but not the entire thing? I downloaded about 8GB of apps before rooting, so I have no way to backup, I think. :[

ninjames

Oct 16, 2010
Dayton
Alright did it, rooted. Used the backup option a couple times trying to get it to work all the way, but for some reason, it only backed up about half of my apps.

ref1ux

Aug 21, 2009
Just unlocked and rooted my N4 with this... great piece of software as always Wug, thanks :) Donated you some cash.

Last edited:
Reactions: WugFresh

Night Galaxy

Dec 29, 2011
Hey guys quick two questions:

1) When I was unrooting through this toolkit, it said that there were three files that were not found in the directory, but continued to go through the process regardless, and it appears that I was successful. I can't remember the names as the command prompt ended before I had the chance to screenshot it. Am I okay?

2) If I go through the unrooting process through this toolkit, and then the OEM Lock process, does that basically put my phone back to the way it was when I received it?

Thanks!

Audioboxer

Aug 24, 2010
Thanks for this, while I know my way around the manual commands okay, this will make everything a breeze for me tomorrow when my Nexus 4 arrives.

Will turn on, get the newest OTA, then unlock and root with your app.

Out of interest, can you still get OTA updates on stock with a custom recovery installed, or do you need to keep the stock recovery? I plan on sticking with stock until the custom ROMs get more stable, so I will stay on a default recovery if I can't use OTA updates. Otherwise I'll just flash a custom recovery with your app and get it done for future use.

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Hey guys quick two questions:

1) When I was unrooting through this toolkit, it said that there were three files that were not found in the directory, but continued to go through the process regardless, and it appears that I was successful. I can't remember the names as the command prompt ended before I had the chance to screenshot it. Am I okay?

2) If I go through the unrooting process through this toolkit, and then the OEM Lock process, does that basically put my phone back to the way it was when I received it?

Thanks!

1.) Yes, those are sig files. They are always missing. For whatever reason google doesn't include sig files in their packages and fastboot still checks for them. I guess google doesn't bother because they are redundant considering you need to be unlocked flash stock with fastboot. I can't suppress that output, so it just always will say that.. no worries.

2.) Yes, not basically.. exactly. Everything will be wiped, and you device will be exactly as it was when you received it.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Thanks for this, while I know my way around the manual commands okay, this will make everything a breeze for me tomorrow when my Nexus 4 arrives.

Will turn on, get the newest OTA, then unlock and root with your app.

Out of interest, can you still get OTA updates on stock with a custom recovery installed, or do you need to keep the stock recovery? I plan on sticking with stock until the custom ROMs get more stable, so I will stay on a default recovery if I can't use OTA updates. Otherwise I'll just flash a custom recovery with your app and get it done for future use.

No, you need the stock recovery. That said, in advanced utilities of the toolkit their is a button just for restoring stock recovery, so you can just do that if you want to when an OTA comes out (assuming you didn't make any other big system mods) if you had previously flashed a custom recovery. Also.. you can use temp recovery whenever you want as long as you have access to a computer with the toolkit. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

Simer03

Apr 17, 2010
im having trouble unrooting my device....i get to the part where it says press ok to install please be patient, and then a command pops up but nothing happens, it just stays there...

edit: i keep getting to the Flash stock and Unroot screen, but nothing happens at that point! help!

Last edited:

grayson73

Jan 11, 2011
Potomac
Are these the steps to unlock and root and be able to receive OTA updates?

1. Click on "Full Driver Installation Guide"
2. Connect phone to computer
3. Click on Unlock
4. Click on Root and leave "Custom Recovery" box unchecked.

Then, after OTA updates are installed, re-click "Root" since OTA update will unroot?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Does automatically install Clockwork recovery?

If you check the "flash custom recovery" checkbox under root, then yes.. however it defaults to flash TWRP, unless the user selects CWM in the options menu:
    options_1.6.0.png

It also will take care of renaming the system files to ensure its sticks, and it will install the busybox installer (free) app by Stericson.

{{ WugFresh }}
    According to Wugs twitter, we should have some news regarding the updated version... I've been waiting for so long! Haha

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Yes, Here it is ;) Version 1.6.3 is up now and the updater package is also live via the in-built updater. Enjoy!
    (Updated changelog coming shortly)

{{ WugFresh }}
    I guess its already released..official images of 4.3 by google on their site

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yeah, it was just updated on Google's site. I am just one person :)

In the toolkit turn on auto updating in the options. When I get back from the gym around 6/6:30 I will go home and update the necessary things and upload necessary files for full 4.3 support.

So ETA would be sometime after that this evening.

If any of you are impatient you can go ahead and flash the 4.3 factory image from Google's site with the "I downloaded the image myself" option in the flash stock interface. Then when it asks you for the hash, enter the corresponding md5 value posted on Google's site. Then you can root with "any build".

I always will try my best to keep the toolkit up to date with the latest files. It just got released today, I will have it updated tonight. Cool? :)

{{ WugFresh }}
    Any external link to 1.6.6?
    Goo.im is killing me... :(

Mediafire: http://goo.gl/9sBdIO
    Dev-host: http://goo.gl/0pRaXT

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}