[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Nexus S 4G Thread

Search This thread

Nexism

Jul 21, 2011
My NS4G was soft bricked for a week. I thought it was gone forever. Your toolkit fixed it in about 30 sec. Thank you so much for the awesome, easy to use tool. I ordered a new phone when I thought my Nexus was done but I have been and will continue to use your toolkit for my GNex.
Thanks again, your a genius and a valuable part of the Android Development community and are appreciated.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

makatram

Sep 19, 2011
I've rooted my phone and can restore a backup but get an error 7 when trying to flash a ROM. I'll get all the info that shows when it fails when I get a chance and post to see if anyone knows a fix.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

2VULGAR

Nov 30, 2010
Everything nice and smooth but I can't root because the recovery fails to download with a goo.im error.
Nevertheless, thanks you so much for this incredible piece of software.
Cheers!

I had the same issue, but my "model type" was set to "android 4.2" I had to change it to Android 4.1.1 and it worked perfectly after that.

makatram

Sep 19, 2011
I've tried a couple things for the status 7 error when trying to flash a ROM but still get it every time so far. Should I try twrp 2.2? From what I've read it is due to new api

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Dqm56

Jan 30, 2012
Hey mine has been at writing radios now for about 20 minutes, is it still good should I be patient? or what should I do??

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

I can't get past writing radios any recommendations?

ludvball

May 21, 2012
Having same problem. Tried with two different cables.

I saw the new Toolkit,so I figured I would go back to stock and try this again. unrooted, unlocked and factory reset. I checked setting, and I am currently on 4.1.1 JR003R. I used those setting in WUG, and unlocked with no problem, but can't root. It fails on pushing the files to the phone. Why would this happen?

ludvball

May 21, 2012

puckchaser

Aug 11, 2008
I was having a problem when rooting. It would get to the TWRP screen and just sit there.

My phone was on 4.1.1 JR003R, but I reset it in the Toolkit app to SOJUS CRESPO Adroid *.*.* Any Build

Then, when the root script got TWRP running on the phone, the toolkit on the PC gave manual instructions for installing SuperSU and BusyBox.

Worked like a charm.

Good Luck.

Reactions: bman3333

droblesa

Apr 17, 2012
I'm trying to reset to factory but I get an error "Line 1277 error: array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

When I try to download CWM or TWRP it looks like the links to the recoveries are no longer valid as well.

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 [Updated 12/29/12]: Nexus S 4G Thread

I'm trying to reset to factory but I get an error "Line 1277 error: array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

When I try to download CWM or TWRP it looks like the links to the recoveries are no longer valid as well.

I will look into it tomorrow and see if I can reproduce the error. I plan on releasing v1.6.3 soon so if I can find your problem I will integrate the fix.

{{ WugFresh }}

Bleedpurple

Jan 10, 2012
Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 [Updated 12/29/12]: Nexus S 4G Thread

My ns4g is unlocked still but lost root. What do I need to do to re root it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Root with NRT (Video by Rootjunky)

More videos here: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/
    Big thanks to ej8989 for asking me to post this here for the benefit of Nexus S 4G owners. This program supports all the Nexus devices but I was silly and only posted it the Nexus7 thread.

I will do my best to keep this program updated to support the latest builds for as long as possible. Cheers. ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    v1.6.2 is up in the OP and the update package is also live via Help > About... in the toolkit. Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Am I doing something wrong? I used the toolkit to unlock my Nexus 7 (jop40c)... bootloader shows unlocked... when I use the toolkit to root + custom recovery, it does it's thing, then goes to what I assume is the touch recovery. At this point, do I reboot to system? Toolkit roots while this touch recovery is loaded then says waiting for device to reboot. That's what I've done and I don't have a superuser.

Help > About...

You will see that the update is now live. :)

{{ WugFresh }}