[Tools] Windows RT Expander

Search This thread

Qiangong2

Oct 31, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20
People! PLEASE READ MY OP! Dual boot is alpha!! That means no support, if you can't figure out how to solve your own problems, post DETAILED INFORMATION with a screenshot as well as your OS AND the steps needed to reproduce your issue! If you know how to read bat files that will help you greatly! Can the 1 guy having problems post a screenshot? (Your video is super low quality and out of focus) Also once I am done all the stuff for dualboot.bat it will be version 1.0! Then it will be noob friendly. For now it's not yet noob friendly. Thank you for the support.

Tldr: Thanks

wcomhelp

Sent from Board Express on my Nokia Lumia 1020. Best phone ever!!
Note to noobs: DON'T PM ME WITH QUESTIONS. POST IN THE FORUMS. THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE HERE FOR!

Steps to reproduce

1) Download dual boot.bat from wcomhelp's onedrive
2) Go to Downloads
3) Select dual boot.bat
4) Double click dual boot.bat
5)Run dual boot.bat
6)On dual boot.bat, it will say performing some checks
7) Then it will say VBScript error
Is that enough info? :p

Qiangong2

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    109.4 KB · Views: 252

wcomhelp

May 1, 2012
Calgary
Open the bat in notepad change ECHO off to ECHO on. Run the batch file. Post a screenshot of the black window with nothing covering it up.

Note to noobs: DON'T PM ME WITH QUESTIONS. POST IN THE FORUMS. THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE HERE FOR!

wcomhelp

May 1, 2012
Calgary
Yay! Dualboot 0.3 is out!! Just 10 minutes of work away from 1.0

Reactions: fawzyyyy

wcomhelp

May 1, 2012
Calgary
Jailbreak!!! :)

Hi to address the recently released Jailbreak I am going to do a few things:
  1. Release Dual boot 1.0 - YAY :)
  2. Halt Development of Dualboot :(
  3. Release Jailbreak.bat for BOTH Windows RT 8.0 AND Windows RT 8.1!! :) YAYAYAYAYYAY!!
I hope everyone likes this? :)

Reactions: 4everer and k4955

k4955

Oct 16, 2006
New York, NY
I ran dualboot 0.3 on my surface 2 with windows rt8.1. It said task path created and restarted. After that what should i do?
@ajain3982:
I am using Nokia 2520 RT 8.1 and followed the steps you had mentioned. The install went successfully and rebooted. But I didn't see anything to show for using a different bootloader. Did you get any response from OP? Please share your experience.

wcomhelp

May 1, 2012
Calgary
Hey guys,

I'm super busy with finals till Christmas. READ MY OP!! 0.3 is alpha. It doesn't really do anything. 1.0 will do everything.
Anyways! Later

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Windows RT Expander: An expansion of your Windows RT device!
    *** Disclaimer ***
    These tools were developed by many different people. If I have used your code and you want to change/remove it just PM me. DO NOT COPY AND REPOST THESE TOOLS WITHOUT PMing ME FIRST FOR PERMISSION! Not all the code is mine so I may not be able to give permission.
    Behave responsibly and avoid thermonuclear war!

Introduction and FAQ's

What is this project?

This project will be a collection of tools I as well as others have made to expand the capabilities of Windows RT.

Will it be noob friendly?

It will be as noob friendly as possible. However not right now. See below.

What stage of development are you in?

Right now I am in alpha stage of development. This means I have some code I have some notes (think notepad, word) and I have some idea's. While in alpha I will mainly be describing how the tools work for me.

What will the final product be like?

Will the tools be open source?

Many, many of the files will be in batch which is naturally open source.

Will this work on other versions of Windows?

Note that most of these tools also run on Windows 8, Windows 7, and both versions of RT that is 8.0, 8.1.

How can I help?

If you want to help PM me with:
    1. How you think you can help.
    2. What your experience with technology is. (I'm thinking of certification here!)

Me talking about my experience with RT

I bought a Surface RT with a touch keyboard for $250 on black Friday in 2012 or 2013 I don't remember. I was blown away at how well the device worked but I wanted to expand the capabilities of it. So after a lot of poking around on this site and spending a lot of time I got things to work better. For example:
    1. I wanted to play old Humongous Entertainment games (ScummVM)
    2. I wanted to host a wireless network using the Surface
    3. I wanted to dual boot RT 8.0 and 8.1
    4. I wanted an easy way to enable and disable ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)
    5. I wanted a button that I could use with touch to press esc
    Thanks to Netham45 making and clrokr finding an exploit on Windows RT 8.0 we could run recompiled desktop apps (Number 1) so I packed ScummVM and SDL and zlib1 into a zip. Then to use touch in ScummVM while having ScummVM fill the screen you need to do the following:
    1. Move the task bar to the left or right of the screen
    2. Control panel->Display->Custom Sizing options->150%
    I wrote a batch file for Number 2. I have a word document explaining what I did for dual boot. I will make a batch file later. For Number 4 I was looking for a 1 click method to enable and disable ICS the Batch file does that. For the last one I used visual basic.
    Where is the stuff?
    • Link to the OneDrive folder containing my scripts as well as other's scripts customized to suit me(Jailbreak, ScummVM, 7-Zip, Audacity, Wireless Hosted Network, ICS, Esc key presser): Click me
    • Direct link to My Custom Jailbreak Click me
    • Direct link to ScummVm and all the required libraries Click me
    • Direct link to 7-zip Click me
    • Direct link to Audacity Click me
    • Direct link to Wireless Hosted Network Click me
    • Direct link to ICS Click me
    • Direct link to Esc key presser Click me
    • Direct link to dualboot OneDrive folder Click me
    • Link to Netham45's Jailbreak Click me
    • Link to GoodDayToDie's List of Desktop Apps Recompiled for Windows RT Click me

What will the final product be like?

Hopefully I have enough support to get to beta then to final. It should:
    1. Be a one click installer that can run on RT 8.0 or RT 8.1
    2. Auto detect your OS (RT8.0 or 8.1)
    3. Ask you full or custom.
    4. If full it will install as much as it can given your OS
      • If on RT 8.1 it will install:
        • Wireless Hosted Network
        • ICS
        • Keypresser
        • Dualboot of 8.0 (Just asking you to input the path to install .wim)
      • If on RT 8.0 it will install:
        • Jailbreak
        • 7-zip
        • ICS
        • Wireless Hosted Network
        • Keypresser
    5. If custom it will ask what you want to install from a list of tools that can be installed based on your OS

XDA:DevDB Information
    Windows RT Expander, Tool/Utility for the Windows RT General

Contributors
    wcomhelp

Version Information

Created 2015-06-23
    Last Updated 2015-07-03
    Jailbreak!!! :)

Hi to address the recently released Jailbreak I am going to do a few things:
    1. Release Dual boot 1.0 - YAY :)
    2. Halt Development of Dualboot :(
    3. Release Jailbreak.bat for BOTH Windows RT 8.0 AND Windows RT 8.1!! :) YAYAYAYAYYAY!!
    I hope everyone likes this? :)
    Myriachan has posted on twitter that she allow XDA Developers who knows the JB for 8.1 to release it 1 week after Windows 10 release date. That could be integrate it into the tool??
    https://twitter.com/Myriachan/status/612334963703156736

Thanks,
    Jesus.
    Yes. When the secure boot disabler is released, I will integrate it into the tools package.