• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Top 3 ColorOS 12 Customization Features

Search This thread

twohub

Account currently disabled
Oct 6, 2021
As I mentioned here before, I was lucky enough to be on the first wave of updates for my FInd X3 Pro, and as promised I'll share more insights with you! ✌️

Ok just to clarify, its my personal view based on my usage. Just share your view and lets discuss!

ColorOS 12: When I’ve updated my Find X3 Pro to ColorOS12 Beta Version, I couldn’t wait any longer to get hands-on new customization features. This time there is much more to experience compared to ColorOS 11 launch, so without further ado, I’m going through my personal TOP 3 Customization features on ColorOS 12:

Top 1: Omoji
Omoji is OPPO's 3D animated avatar of you and your movements! The feature uses a face capture algorithm to scan around 75 detail points of your face moves to create a sleek personalized emoji. I find that personalized emojis itself are nothing new, we know it from other apps already, but it’s definitely a highlight to send your face mimic in funny ways instead of boring messages. Next to this I tried Omoji as profile pic, on the always-on-display, and sent it via messenger & nearby share. Honestly, it's a lot of fun to try out different styles, and as I did, save several characters for different types of usage.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 7.16.45 PM.png

Top 2: Wallpaper Based Theme Settings

One of my favorite “customization spots”, the personalization tab, also got an upgrade.As a key highlight of Android 12 (Material You), ColorOS made its own version: Wallpaper based theme settings or how it is in settings: “Wallpaper color picking”.Along with the key features like icons styles, fingerprint animation, and color schemes, now you can also create your own matched theme by picking the theme colors based on your wallpaper. Simply place the dots anywhere on your wallpaper and the system will adopt the whole theme based on your selection. Spoiler: It’s amazing if you’re into customization and gives you endless options!

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 7.18.59 PM.png

Top 3: AOD 2.0

Personally, I still find it pretty satisfying to create kaleidoscope patterns for Always-On-Display, and luckily this feature is included in the new AOD 2.0 interface along with a bunch of new custom options. AOD 2.0 allows you to pick your selfie and transform it into a portrait silhouette, or add your personal Omoji to be displayed, both definitely brings that sketchy and unique look to your AOD. I tried both, and will probably stick with my Omoji option.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 7.19.52 PM.png

These are my personal Top 3 Customization favorites on ColorOS 12.

As you know, there are plenty of more customizations to mention, such as Edge lighting, Fingerprint animation, darkmode setups and so on 😄

For those who are on ColorOS 12, what are your top 3?

V1TRU

In developer option, could you activate Show Refresh Rate?
Then use some application and watch the number:

right now in Color 11 it stays on 120 or 60.
That's no good as it is supposed to fluctuates between 1 to 120 to save battery.

Oppo as always fooled users with features that aren't there

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As I mentioned here before, I was lucky enough to be on the first wave of updates for my FInd X3 Pro, and as promised I'll share more insights with you! ✌️

Ok just to clarify, its my personal view based on my usage. Just share your view and lets discuss!

ColorOS 12: When I’ve updated my Find X3 Pro to ColorOS12 Beta Version, I couldn’t wait any longer to get hands-on new customization features. This time there is much more to experience compared to ColorOS 11 launch, so without further ado, I’m going through my personal TOP 3 Customization features on ColorOS 12:

Top 1: Omoji
    Omoji is OPPO's 3D animated avatar of you and your movements! The feature uses a face capture algorithm to scan around 75 detail points of your face moves to create a sleek personalized emoji. I find that personalized emojis itself are nothing new, we know it from other apps already, but it’s definitely a highlight to send your face mimic in funny ways instead of boring messages. Next to this I tried Omoji as profile pic, on the always-on-display, and sent it via messenger & nearby share. Honestly, it's a lot of fun to try out different styles, and as I did, save several characters for different types of usage.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 7.16.45 PM.png

Top 2: Wallpaper Based Theme Settings

One of my favorite “customization spots”, the personalization tab, also got an upgrade.As a key highlight of Android 12 (Material You), ColorOS made its own version: Wallpaper based theme settings or how it is in settings: “Wallpaper color picking”.Along with the key features like icons styles, fingerprint animation, and color schemes, now you can also create your own matched theme by picking the theme colors based on your wallpaper. Simply place the dots anywhere on your wallpaper and the system will adopt the whole theme based on your selection. Spoiler: It’s amazing if you’re into customization and gives you endless options!

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 7.18.59 PM.png

Top 3: AOD 2.0

Personally, I still find it pretty satisfying to create kaleidoscope patterns for Always-On-Display, and luckily this feature is included in the new AOD 2.0 interface along with a bunch of new custom options. AOD 2.0 allows you to pick your selfie and transform it into a portrait silhouette, or add your personal Omoji to be displayed, both definitely brings that sketchy and unique look to your AOD. I tried both, and will probably stick with my Omoji option.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 7.19.52 PM.png

These are my personal Top 3 Customization favorites on ColorOS 12.

As you know, there are plenty of more customizations to mention, such as Edge lighting, Fingerprint animation, darkmode setups and so on 😄

For those who are on ColorOS 12, what are your top 3?