• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Top 3 Easiest Linux Distro

Search This thread

pulsar

Sep 20, 2013
1. Linux Mint

Most easiest linux distro. Runs on almost anything. Look and feel is very familiar. And similar to Windows 7. You don't need terminal at all.

1200px-Linux_Mint_20_'Ulyana'_(Cinnamon).png

2. Manjaro

Manjaro has supports for many desktop environments. Gnome, KDE and XFCE is officially supported. And many other community based de. This is one of the best if not the best Linux distro for gaming.

1 enMY7zrq6lHiaSDRwq1Qhg.png

3. Ubuntu

Most popular linux distro on the planet. Used by millions of desktop users, offices and universities. Has the most online helping resources. Used for every purpose.

ubuntu-21.04-featured.png

EXTRA:

Even though beauty is subjective. But one of the most beautiful and clean looking linux desktop is Elementary OS. It has mac like experience.

desktop.jpg

colin p

May 19, 2014
Ottawa
Another one to add to the list is Linux Lite. It uses an XFCE desktop and is very reminiscent to windows. I am now using it on two 13 year old laptops that were starting to choke on newer versions of ubuntu.

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
I always had issues with Mint... Kde neon (Plasma) is my favorite distribution for months now.
Manjaro is not really an easy-to-use distro though. You need technical skills to fix issues sometimes.

Reactions: Tajil and NullCode

Tajil

Dec 7, 2020
I always had issues with Mint... Kde neon (Plasma) is my favorite distribution for months now.
Manjaro is not really an easy-to-use distro though. You need technical skills to fix issues sometimes.
I agree, manjaro somehow in some complex combination of OS environment + hardware need a "technical' skill a certain degree to fix a problem

Tajil

Dec 7, 2020
1. Linux Mint

Most easiest linux distro. Runs on almost anything. Look and feel is very familiar. And similar to Windows 7. You don't need terminal at all.

View attachment 5357527

2. Manjaro

Manjaro has supports for many desktop environments. Gnome, KDE and XFCE is officially supported. And many other community based de. This is one of the best if not the best Linux distro for gaming.

View attachment 5357529

3. Ubuntu

Most popular linux distro on the planet. Used by millions of desktop users, offices and universities. Has the most online helping resources. Used for every purpose.

View attachment 5357531

EXTRA:

Even though beauty is subjective. But one of the most beautiful and clean looking linux desktop is Elementary OS. It has mac like experience.

View attachment 5357535
In my humble opninion
The Most easiest linux distros are:
1.ZorinOS 16
2.LinuxMint
3.UE
4.PClinuxOS (KDE)

xdamen22

Aug 28, 2021
OpenSUSE has been, for over a decade, easier than most. It's also the only one that has thumbnails on the filepicker out of the box. Of the ~300 distros I've used none have that. It isn't as popular which is why it doesn't get mentioned much.
I'd probably replace mint or ubuntu with suse in OP.
Mint is only better than ubuntu for most of the reasons it is hated, ironically. (shipping 3rd party closed source stuff, drivers, replacing packages of the same name with ones that are probably better, etc) while all of that makes it easier to use usually, especially to new comers, it's also sometimes misleading. (I don't really care about it, just stating why some hate it)

Tajil

Dec 7, 2020
OpenSUSE has been, for over a decade, easier than most. It's also the only one that has thumbnails on the filepicker out of the box. Of the ~300 distros I've used none have that. It isn't as popular which is why it doesn't get mentioned much.
I'd probably replace mint or ubuntu with suse in OP.
Mint is only better than ubuntu for most of the reasons it is hated, ironically. (shipping 3rd party closed source stuff, drivers, replacing packages of the same name with ones that are probably better, etc) while all of that makes it easier to use usually, especially to new comers, it's also sometimes misleading. (I don't really care about it, just stating why some hate it)
wow !! 300 distros !!!
Have u tried Makulu linux bro , especially makulu droid?

tberma

Dec 29, 2015
Fez
www.facebook.com
I prefer Kali KDE -.-.

I learnt Linux by using Kali not to hack :cool: in particular.

It is one of the most system demanding systems that needs research so you can adapt it to your very user needs.

Kali is just oppressed by common rating and frightening by elite Linux(ers) (including the developers:cautious:.)

Anyway, It is good as It supports Debian like Ubuntu, which is a popular resourced Linux core.

James_888

Sep 5, 2021
Terminal is not kinda fearful like most of people think about it, once you've got familiar with it you will ignore whole the GUIs in the world.

HipKat

Recognized Contributor
I prefer Kali KDE -.-.

It is one of the most system demanding systems that needs research so you can adapt it to your very user needs.

Kali is just oppressed by common rating and frightening by elite Linux(ers) (including the developers:cautious:.)

Anyway, It is good as It supports Debian like Ubuntu, which is a popular resourced Linux core.
I didn't know Kali was good daily driver

Reactions: tberma

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I prefer Kali KDE -.-.

It is a good daily driver if you know how to adapt it to your needs as Kali is different in terms of some settings such as repositories settings grub settings etc....
    It isn't
    1. Linux Mint

1200px-Linux_Mint_20_'Ulyana'_(Cinnamon).png

2. Manjaro

1 enMY7zrq6lHiaSDRwq1Qhg.png

3. Ubuntu

ubuntu-21.04-featured.png

EXTRA:

desktop.jpg
    Great post @pulsar, I just want to point out that, while Elementary OS has beautiful desktop environment, it severely lacks customization. But hey, everything has its own pros and cons, so yeah...:D
    You can also include the following:
    • Zorin OS
    • Pop! OS
    • Peppermint OS
    • Deepin (People from China prefer this)
    • Other Distributions of Ubuntu
    I love linux mint, been using it for the last 10 yrs, but ive been distro hopping
    a lot lately