top magisk modules

Search This thread

i root SGH i777

Aug 4, 2012
Just rooted my Pixel 3a last night running Android Q Beta 6. What are some good magisk modules that I should install to make the Pixel 3a even better? Thanks

sic0048

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Active Edge Mod for Pixel Devices - allows you to customize the side sensor buttons. I have it set up to the default Google assistant except when the camera is open - then it takes a picture.
Viper4 AndroidFX - there are several versions available. They all use the same driver and have the same options. The difference is is only in the GUI.
Vanced Youtube - provides ad free Youtube experience.
Advanced Charging Controller (by VR25) - allows a user to customize how and when the phone is charged. It helps prolong the battery life.
Systemless Hosts - more of a Magisk setting, but it does install this module. Allows ad blocking through Adaway or similar ad blocking app.

c_tho

Active Edge Mod for Pixel Devices - allows you to customize the side sensor buttons. I have it set up to the default Google assistant except when the camera is open - then it takes a picture.
Viper4 AndroidFX - there are several versions available. They all use the same driver and have the same options. The difference is is only in the GUI.
Advanced Charging Controller (by VR25) - allows a user to customize how and when the phone is charged. It helps prolong the battery life.
Systemless Hosts - more of a Magisk setting, but it does install this module. Allows ad blocking through Adaway or similar ad blocking app.

note that active edge mod isn't working for Q beta 6 yet, and i haven't been able to get viper working on Q yet, although ymmv i suppose.

Reactions: nullsec

c_tho

Good call. After trying Beta 4 for a brief period of time, I went back to Pie so I'm out of the loop on what works and doesn't work with the beta.

the active edge guy is SUPER on the ball and posts updated versions in his telegram group if you're that way inclined. but yeah youtube vanced is my only functioning module right now. i'm sure most of them will be updated for Q in the coming months.

koivth

Dec 5, 2014
I'm a fan of energized pro for ad blocking, but you'll need the systemless hosts and BusyBox modules for it to work. These days I root my phone mainly for ad blocking.

Reactions: zonedgold

omiCar

Nov 12, 2016
for Vanced Youtube, is there a different module needed for it to work? I installed it in my Pixel 3a Rooted/Bootloader unlock, and the app was not even showing up :(

sic0048

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I figured it out, seems like I had to uninstall the Normal Youtube app, after I did that, I rebooted my phone and it worked

I don't think you need to uninstall the actual Youtube app, but you do need to uninstall any "updates" for the Youtube app. I've found that after installing the Magisk module, I can go into the Playstore and pull up the Youtube app. There will be a "uninstall updates" button where the normal uninstall button would be. However you need to install the module first. Otherwise the button will uninstall the app instead of uninstalling the updates.

That's been my experience at least.....

sic0048

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I have the 2.7.1.0 version of Viper4Android installed and working just fine on Android 10. It was installed and working on Android 9 and it continued to work when I upgraded to Android 10. I sideloaded the .020 version of the Android 10 OTA image.

The Magisk module was last updated on May 31, 2019, so it obviously hasn't specifically been updated for Android 10. Perhaps it won't install on Android 10, but will work if upgraded from Android 9. I also have the Audio Modification Library module and the Audio Compatibility Patch module installed as well. Perhaps that makes a difference?????

e.gnevushev

Sep 19, 2019
Viper4Android settings

Can anyone share your best-sound settings for viper4adnroid? Bluetooth profile especially

kin'cheezus

Nov 17, 2017
Derbyshire
Yes. You have to install V4A FX v2.7.0.0 because v2.7.1.0 driver installation is broken on Q for now.

I'm using V4A 2.7.1.0 on Q and it's working fine. I had to flash Ainur, Audio Modification Library and Audio Compatibility Patch to get it work though!

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Just rooted my Pixel 3a last night running Android Q Beta 6. What are some good magisk modules that I should install to make the Pixel 3a even better? Thanks
Open Magisk, go into settings, scroll down and click on Systemless Hosts, reboot, then install Adaway. Boom! system wide adblocking.
adaway.org

YouTube vanced is a must, too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Where did you get the EDGE Sense app for the mod? Its not on google play anymore, cant seem to find it anywhere else.
    I like the idea of the ACC app, and installed it but how do you know what its doing or if its working?
    Unfortunately Google took down the edge sense plus app the other day. Janny is working on how to distribute it now. For now, you can get it from his GitHub https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-R...7b056b7dd246f221a2d1ac16758/EdgeSensePlus.apk

Sent from my Google Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs
    Do you happen to have it, all I can find is the 2.7.1.0 zip

Here you have the APK. Install it and then the driver installation should install the magisk module.

note that active edge mod isn't working for Q beta 6 yet, and i haven't been able to get viper working on Q yet, although ymmv i suppose.
    I'm a fan of energized pro for ad blocking, but you'll need the systemless hosts and BusyBox modules for it to work. These days I root my phone mainly for ad blocking.