Top/Must apps for car head units

Search This thread

woozie.2007

Oct 16, 2008
for radio: xiialive pro(i don't use analog radio)
for music: poweramp
for video: mx player pro
for navigation: igo nextgen and waze
for ads: adaway(root)
fx for file explore(root)

Sim08u

Jan 20, 2018
Has anyone found an alternative way to playing Spotify? The stock one that's available on the play store isn't really user friendly or appropriate for a head unit...

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

mcwieger

Dec 1, 2009
- Overlays to run widgets over other apps, showing a speedometer and music controls over every app I choose.
- Ubiquity Music Widget, the music controls mentioned above.
- Sygic for offline maps.
- Pulsar for music playback: probably most lightweight music player on Android. Poweramp caused the unit to overheat.
- DAB-Z for DAB radio.

Last edited:
- Overlays to run widgets over other apps, showing a speedometer and music controls over every app I choose.
- Ubiquity Music Widget, the music controls mentioned above.
- Sygic for offline maps.
- Pulsar for music playback: probably most lightweight music player on Android. Poweramp caused the unit to overheat.
- DAB-Z for DAB radio.

speedometer < which widget app are you using for this?

cleverdicky

Sep 11, 2011
Malaysk rom
Nova launcher
MXPlayer pro - simple, plays anything and everything, streams over bt.
Igo next-gen (Russel Crow voice) cant stand nagging female voice with attitude !

Anyone know what happend to tablet talk? was going to try it for sms messages but no longer in play store.

crank.head

Aug 4, 2016
If I receive a location pin on whatsapp how do I send to my android head unit of car?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

War-Rasta

Oct 6, 2009
Santo Domingo
LG V60 ThinQ
If I receive a location pin on whatsapp how do I send to my android head unit of car?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What I usually do is open it in Google Maps on my phone and save it as one of my Starred Places. Then I open Google Maps on my headunit and look it up in there. I haven't found a more appropriate way to do it and I don't know if there's a way to do the same for Waze since I don't use it much, but If anybody has a better way feel free t share it.

crank.head

Aug 4, 2016
What I usually do is open it in Google Maps on my phone and save it as one of my Starred Places. Then I open Google Maps on my headunit and look it up in there. I haven't found a more appropriate way to do it and I don't know if there's a way to do the same for Waze since I don't use it much, but If anybody has a better way feel free t share it.
OK so what I do is I have downloaded messanger lite on Android head unit. When I receive a location I share it to messanger to my Frnd or a mock profile and open the link from head unit.

Reactions: War-Rasta

nile13mx5

Sep 30, 2019
I'm looking for a couple of things:

1. A simple widget for Radio, allowing me to change station from the widget on the Home screen (the one that Joying PX-5) came with is ugly and small)
2. An automatic way to switch to home screen on boot-up instead of default Radio screen. The radio should continue playing, however.

For point #2 above, would a Tasker or Automate do the trick?

wooldogsinc

Jul 15, 2018
1 Pulse
2 Google Go
3 Amazon Music
4 Torque
5 Sygic
6 PC Radio
7 Netflix Prime
8 Agama Launcher
9 Solid Explorer
10 Penrite
11 Google News
12 Magisk
13 Lucky Patcher
14 YouTube Vanced
15 Google Home
16 Plex
17 Dab Z
18 Network Manager
19 Advanced Task Scheduler
20 SwiftKey
21 Find my Device
22 Google Keep
23 YouTube Kids
24 Flight Radar

dagosjt

Dec 12, 2006
Roma
I'm looking for a couple of things:

1. A simple widget for Radio, allowing me to change station from the widget on the Home screen (the one that Joying PX-5) came with is ugly and small)
2. An automatic way to switch to home screen on boot-up instead of default Radio screen. The radio should continue playing, however.

For point #2 above, would a Tasker or Automate do the trick?

Try FCC Launcher, you shoud find everything you want, and it's highly configurable.

nile13mx5

Sep 30, 2019
There are a lot of configurable launchers. Can it do what I'm looking for, specifically? Also can it leave y interface alone and not change it? I like old school Windows look with separate icons on uncluttered background. Really don't need my screen to look "pretty".

Top Liked Posts