Top/Must apps for car head units

Search This thread

dagosjt

Dec 12, 2006
Roma
There are a lot of configurable launchers. Can it do what I'm looking for, specifically? Also can it leave y interface alone and not change it? I like old school Windows look with separate icons on uncluttered background. Really don't need my screen to look "pretty".

Yes, to have a better idea go to the app thread here:

https://xdaforums.com/android-auto/android-head-units/fcc-car-launcher-official-thread-t3639659

I can confirm you can have the exact configuration you want:

- Your home screen can have only icons plus the FM Radio widget. You can resize icons, use an icon pack, etc. Have a look at some user skin in the thread.
- The auto switch to home screen you ask for (don't remember now if it's a paid feature)
- The multimedia widget can integrate different players if you want, not only the FM Radio.
- And much more...

Simply you need to spend just a little more time than other launchers because having a lot of options you need to dig more. Try the free version

dagosjt

Dec 12, 2006
Roma
Thank you!
Any quick synapses on what the free version doesn't do? Or does it bug you with ads?

Hello,
there are no ADS, simply if you want the paid features you can buy the full version via in-app purchase.

From Play Store description:

== Free features ==
- Support for app shortcuts, widgets and multiple home screens!
- Launch Google Voice by pushing Speech button on steering wheel (Speech function should be mapped to the button using built-in FlyAudio settings).
- Speedometer in notification bar.
- Autoadjustment of volume depending on speed (free version have only one speed limit available - 40 km/h).
- Change of speedometer's color in app's main window depending on speed.
- Launching FM radio in background.
- Calculation of distance travelled and average speed during a day and showing it in notification (may be incorrect, still experimental)
- Ability to set the app as a default launcher
- Information about the track on main screen
- Ability to set wallpaper (including live wallpaper)

== Paid PREMIUM features ==
All free features, and:
- Autoplay last player after sleep (FM Radio, PowerAmp, Spotify, Google Music and Neutron are supported).
- Advanced customizations of the FCC Launcher's appearance.
- Ability to assign text names to FM stations in player widget.
- Ability to make phone calls via connected phone's SIM-card (by Bluetooth). You can use most of third party speed dialers as well.
- Make phone calls via connected phone by saying "Ok, Google, call [name]"
- Decrease volume during voice input when FM radio is playing.
- Autoadjustment of volume depending on speed - all 3 custom speed limits are available (you can set speed limits values and an amount of volume adjustment)
- Sound notifications when reaching certain speed limits (two different sounds for two limits)
- Double click action can be assigned to Speech button, including app launch or MODE function (cycle through 3 apps).

nile13mx5

Sep 30, 2019
Thank you very much!

Reading through this, I think these two below paid features are essential to me , though I car try and see. Do I understand correctly that if I listen to audiobook and shut the car down re-staring the car will not result in audiobook resuming, instead Radio would Autoplay? If that's not the case, what do them mean by feature 1?:

- Autoplay last player after sleep (FM Radio, PowerAmp, Spotify, Google Music and Neutron are supported).
- Ability to make phone calls via connected phone's SIM-card (by Bluetooth). You can use most of third party speed dialers as well.

dagosjt

Dec 12, 2006
Roma
Thank you very much!

Reading through this, I think these two below paid features are essential to me , though I car try and see. Do I understand correctly that if I listen to audiobook and shut the car down re-staring the car will not result in audiobook resuming, instead Radio would Autoplay? If that's not the case, what do them mean by feature 1?:

It's just an option. If you want last player automatically resume after sleep, you can set it. If you don't pay for the full version you can't.
In your example, listening an audiobook, shut down the car, and restarting with Radio, should be enough the free feature:

- Launching FM radio in background.

However I suggest you to try the free version and to have a look at its thread. I can assure the developer is very very friendly, I had a direct contact with him (via email), and he is very active on app thread and continuosly improving the app, so if you need further help be confident you'll have

TheGrayWolf81

Apr 24, 2020
I use Twilight in order to save my eyes when driving at night.

I've configured it so that it automatically turns on when the sun goes down. It applies a blue light filter and also dims the display so that I'm not blinded by a bright screen at night.

nile13mx5

Sep 30, 2019
Interestingly, I tried to install FCC launcher today, downloaded from Google Play Store. Got errors after download when installing. Twice. Any idea as to why?

Sedhadi

Aug 4, 2014
Hello,
there are no ADS, simply if you want the paid features you can buy the full version via in-app purchase.

== Paid PREMIUM features ==
All free features, and:
Hi
Every time I turn on my car with FCC as default launcher, radio starts playing despite unchecking the respective box in settings. Any idea how to fix it?

Sedhadi

Aug 4, 2014
I'm looking for a real-time tracking app so that I can locate my car (using my android phone) in case it's stolen (God forbid).
I tried out a bunch of apps and so far, Family Locator has been the closest to my requirement. However, its real-time tracking feature doesn't work and it updates the location in intervals of 10 minutes.

Any app suggestion?

Reactions: Javo2804

ahmed125448

Oct 20, 2022
Hello everyone,

Lets start a new post, that will help each other to get familiar with new/top/best/must apps for android head units. :good:

I think it would be best if we stick to "TOP-10" per post...or maybe TOP per category (Navigation, music, etc etc...)
and thats because we can easily get dragged to top-30 top-50 , and that will be extremely confusing.. 👼

Requirements - The apps must be fully/mostly compatible with android head-units.
Doesn't matter if they are free or not.

Thanks! :)
hi i need help , can anyone upload or give me like contains all applicàtions of androud head unit ,bcz i lost all after factory reset

ByronMcDuffy7

Apr 25, 2023
Strange times. My Atoto S8 Standard is cutting out when playing mp3's using the player. It then drops back to the opening screen a picks up the song again. Sometimes in the opening screen player, it drops out for a few seconds and then starts playing again. Overheating? CPU Overload? Any suggestions?

Top Liked Posts