Total Launcher Beta

Search This thread

geek21c

Jan 19, 2012
Generally, it's the problem from Google Play application. Please try this: 1. uninstall the key 2. clear the data of Google Play 3. reboot the device 4. install it from Google Play again.

Reactions: HorstiG

somrom

Feb 26, 2012
Hatyai
image-CACE_55FC5AB9.jpg

This Display power By Total Launcher

Pinkhead

Oct 24, 2015
Hello everyone. I m using total launcher and really love it. I want to ask just how to add new fonts, because I been trayng but I culdnt do it . Sorry for my bad english I m from Argentina.

youhim

May 21, 2013
In a review of Total Launcher said it has integration with Tasker. But I can not find where it is implemented. Help me please.

quantic.chaos

Oct 5, 2012
Mexico City
Awesome

First, let me thank you cause it's an amazing launcher. The best.
Is there a way to clone/duplicate resources like windows or dynamic images? that would be great.

Thanks again.

seenee_

Nov 15, 2015
Hello, I'd like to try this out.
Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it better or worse than the other launchers out there?

gbsa850

May 24, 2014
Hello, I'd like to try this out.
Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it better or worse than the other launchers out there?
I'm using it on both my phone and tablet. One is running kitkat the other lollipop. It's very fast uses little battery and best if all unique and highly customizable. You have to play with it to learn all the features. It doesn't have a dedicated dock, that's something you'll get used to. I usually change launchers several times a year but so far I'm not even tempted to look for another launcher. Very happy with total launcher.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

aftermarketgirl

Jul 1, 2010
Thank you so much for this. I loved ssLauncher too so I immediately bought a key.

I have a question.

Is there any way to make items on the bottom of the screen clickable when a window is active on the top half of the screen? Should I be using something other than "window" to make this possible.

Basically, my setup is that I have all my app icons in a grid on the bottom (and is static), and the top of the screen is dedicated to widgets. The top shows my calendar by default, but I have two objects that activate a window in front of my calendar for alternate widget layouts. (One is two weather widgets and a uccw, the other is two media widgets)

The problem is that when these windows are open, clicking on my app icons on the bottom half of the screen just dismisses the window on the top half. I rather have the window stay open, and have my icons be accessible via a click.

Is there another way I should be doing this... possibly an option to show/hide an object group? Or alternatively, is there an option to make a window not dismiss when clicking outside it.. And leaves the things outside of it clickable?

Thanks again.

tarabulus8689

Nov 22, 2012
The absence of dedicated dock is not really a problem since you can pin an app group to the bottom of all your screens. One thing I miss is that you can't scroll it horizontally like you had e.g. 3 docs

Stoutpuppy GFX

Apr 18, 2016
Bangkok
Missing dock

Same here, I was for a time on LauncherX. I miss in Total Launcher also a Dockbar.

Actually I installed Total because I wanted to get away from having a dock bar but if you want one it's super easy to add.

In edit mode click blue "+" icon top right then add "app group" then click on the settings icon top of the screen.
Select Grid type = Click, Columns = 5, Rows =2, Show label = unclick, Hide scroll bar = click

Go back to page and click "Green check icon" in new "app group" then select 10 apps you want to access.
When done adjust "app group" widget so only one column is visible. If icons look to big or too small go into "app Group" settings and adjust size.
Once done click "edit on" yellow icon bottom left to lock the layout.

Now you will find that not only do you have your dock bar back, but also one that scrolls up and down giving you access to your preferred apps.
If you are not interested in a scroll-able dock bar , just make Rows = 1

Stoutpuppy GFX

Apr 18, 2016
Bangkok
My layout

For those a little overwhelmed by the learning curve to modify this launcher go to this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=66937538&postcount=209

Here you can download my setup and then modify it to your liking.

*** DON'T POST REPLIES IN FORUM *** Forum is for Turbo Rom - Very good! if your device is supported I suggest you try it.
For any questions about Total Launcher "Private Message" me and I'll get back as soon as I can.

Home.jpg Home-Extended.jpg View attachment 3761358 View attachment 3761359 View attachment 3761366
View attachment 3761360 View attachment 3761361 View attachment 3761362 View attachment 3761363

Stoutpuppy GFX

Apr 18, 2016
Bangkok
But only up and down, not left and right.

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA Labs
Yes unfortunately only up and down - does not support scrolling side to side :(
If i ever come across a way to scroll left and right I'll send you PM with solution

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

As I stated above I installed "Total" to get away from having a dock bar - I just have one Icon placed at the bottom but added gestures to it.
Tap, swipe left, right, up or down I can launch 5 different apps or activities. If you were to place 5 icons at bottom you could launch 20 apps.

Last edited:

tweakradje

Best Launcher hands down.
Dock is easy, create one and pin it (with pin icon) to every screen. You can pin anything to any screen.
Rotating text is buggy, 90 degrees turn height becomes width
I am missing only a few things:
- change color of items based on values (like battery or cpu %)
- charts (like for battery)
- perhaps more?

Last edited:

thilak.kmb

Dec 31, 2011
KUMBAKONAM
A highly customizable launcher available with a wide variety of themes. Unfortunately many more themes are not available in Play store because of some country (India)specific restrictions. I am trying ways to get apks of them.

Wombat Pete

Mar 14, 2014
Love the customizability of Total Launcher, but don't understand its security measures.

As far as I can tell, however, you can't firmly stay in Total Launcher - often you have to 're-choose' it.
And if it's that easy to get out of it (really, it's hard to just STAY IN IT consistently), what's the point of password protected and hidden apps and so forth? Anyone who wanted to get to those apps would just do it outside of Total Launcher.

Is this wrong? Can one establish TL more firmly as the GUI for the phone?

• Haha
Reactions: Slim2none4u

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks;
    I stumbled upon this launcher last week. Used it all weekend and really like it. Extremely light and fast and unbelievably customizable.
    Released by ChYK, the author of sslauncher. It's still in beta, so there are some bugs. I think you will like it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ss.launcher2

SM-G870A Peace
    Thank you for this thread.

Hi folks;
    I stumbled upon this launcher last week. Used it all weekend and really like it. Extremely light and fast and unbelievably customizable.
    Released by ChYK, the author of sslauncher. It's still in beta, so there are some bugs. I think you will like it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ss.launcher2

SM-G870A Peace

Hi,
    I'm the developer of the launcher.
    Thanks a lot for this thread open.
    I hope this will be helpful to many users of Total Launcher!

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Great, thank you for Answer.
    I have only problems with Widgets, cant add to app group. I have for Notifications an App with Name Notifiyer, she build an Widget for every App I wont and show me a counter.

Widget cannot be added into app group.
    The launcher is really great and u can do almost everything but it lacks the possibility to close pop-up windows through gestures instead of using the back button. That would be a cool add to the program :)

You can do it. Try to find "close the topmost window/folder" in launcher actions.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

But for some app i can' t. For example the apps in the screenshots. Perhaps you could use the same method of selecting apps as in the folders or app groups. So we could select which apps should get a notification.

I'm currently considering to add an option to filter the notification count.
    The reason it is not possible

Too bad, you can not edit it?

Please let me tell why it is not possible.
    The vertically scrolling view like app group or app drawer is reuse the child view (for item) while scrolling to increase the scrolling performance (smoothness). That is, the child view scrolled off will be reused for appearing item because it is exactly same for all items. Now let's think the situation that a different widget are in there. The widget is absolutely different view from the others so it must be recreated whenever it appears as scrolling. This will cause lags.
    Love the customizability of Total Launcher, but don't understand its security measures.

As far as I can tell, however, you can't firmly stay in Total Launcher - often you have to 're-choose' it.
    And if it's that easy to get out of it (really, it's hard to just STAY IN IT consistently), what's the point of password protected and hidden apps and so forth? Anyone who wanted to get to those apps would just do it outside of Total Launcher.

Is this wrong? Can one establish TL more firmly as the GUI for the phone?