Total Launcher Beta

Search This thread

kb0n

Oct 24, 2009
When I select "Missed Calls" for a text object, the default text is "%d". I can change that of course, which is nice. Problem: When I set it to hide when notification is zero and screen is locked, this only works for text "%d". Custom Text like e.g. "%d >" does not hide anymore.

Very nice launcher though. I've been using ssLauncher for years and really like the features of TotalLauncher.
A nice little "feature" I like in ssLauncher is the short "zooming out" of an app icon when I press it. Any plans on adding such an option for TotalLauncher? :)

Another suggestion: When moving or resizing an object with the precision arrows, it would be good if the borders around the object disappear (blue border, and yellow dashed border). Right now it is not possible to perfectly place objects next to each other. I need to move it, remeber XY coordinates, end moving, check if objects touch, then do the same again if I need to adjust (with remembering coordinates each time). It is quite bothersome :/

Last edited:

bkimbel

Feb 2, 2011
Inglewood (Toronto)
tasker integration

I noticed that there is "Tasker Plugin Support". Exactly what does this mean? I was hoping we'd be able to display the contents of tasker variables, similar to the way Zooper works. Or use tasker to perform Total Launcher actions (like going to a page) but I haven't noticed any way of doing anything tasker-related, yet.

Malacant

Aug 26, 2011
New Orleans
Only been using this Launcher for about a week, but I am truly amazed at the flexibility. I used go launcher for years, but I have now found a better replacement.
Current layout. With so much to customize, the final product will take a while!

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1425334990177.jpg
    1425334990177.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,354
  • 1425335010928.jpg
    1425335010928.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,346
Last edited:
Reactions: HorstiG

berryman13

Mar 30, 2011
San Francisco
so is this app just done with being free completely for the full version? either way I will support development, definitely in my top 3.

fraxflax

Aug 1, 2014
Tags and folders

I moved from ssLauncher to TotalLauncher the other day, and must say I do love it.

I could elaborate on all the good things, but let me just assure you that there are i.m.h.o. plenty of them :)

However, there is always room for improvemet, so on my wishlist is the ability to tag apps even though they are in folders. There most probably is some technical reason why this is currently not possible, but to me, it does not make sense that apps in folders could not have tags attached to them.

I would love the flexibility it would give to store apps in folders, but at the same time be able to label them with several tags.

Even better, and also an for mea more than acceptable alternative, would be "dynamic tag-folders" (or some better name),
that is the possibility to show all apps with a certain tag as an action, the same way as you can show folders.

Thanks for a great launcher, that I hope will be even better!

Reactions: Erandelax

Erandelax

Mar 5, 2015
Icon color filter issue

Noticed that icons with alpha channel (transperent background) with applied color filter (by the means of TL) sometimes are shown as transperent, and sometime as "underlayed" with color of the color filter instead of transparent zone (rectangle of the chosen color filter's color under the icon). Mainly in scrollable lists (like application list), when the icon size is changed or some transformations applied to the list (like axial rotation). Have to delete and recreate app list in order to get rid of that background...

TL of all versions, "Whicons" icon pack, GoClever Insignia 5 device.

Bushy808

Jul 9, 2015
Scrolling Background Image

I recently switched from the Go Launcher (T-Mobile Note 4 Android) utilizing the New Trek themes from NSTEnterprises . I love the customization offered by your app. However, one thing I am unable to figure out while playing with the settings is how to get my background to scroll.

Using the SAME background image in Go Launcher as I am in Total Launcher and only the Go Launcher creates the minor shift from left to right as I switch between screens. In Total Launcher the background is remaining static.

If I uncheck the 'System Wallpaper' setting, the background will remain black. Regardless of what app I chose to be the one that selects the background image.
Once I have 'System Wallpaper' checked, i also select "Scroll Wallpaper", yet the background image won't shift from left to right as if its scrolling...

Any help would be much appreciated. LOVE LOVE LOVE what you have done with this launcher thus far, keep up the great work.

st1114g

Oct 21, 2010
I had the same problem figuring out but when you hold on empty space-> wallpaper-> Choose Total Launcher (instead of Gallery or other app) -> then it will take you to choose what image you want. With me usually goes to Recent in Gallery, but if you swipe from left edge it will give you all the options - gallery, images, sd card, file explorer... And from there navigate to the image you want and pick it. Then it will allow you to blurr it and grey scale it if you want. Once done, just hit OK and it will scroll properly now ??

I recently switched from the Go Launcher (T-Mobile Note 4 Android) utilizing the New Trek themes from NSTEnterprises . I love the customization offered by your app. However, one thing I am unable to figure out while playing with the settings is how to get my background to scroll.

Using the SAME background image in Go Launcher as I am in Total Launcher and only the Go Launcher creates the minor shift from left to right as I switch between screens. In Total Launcher the background is remaining static.

If I uncheck the 'System Wallpaper' setting, the background will remain black. Regardless of what app I chose to be the one that selects the background image.
Once I have 'System Wallpaper' checked, i also select "Scroll Wallpaper", yet the background image won't shift from left to right as if its scrolling...

Any help would be much appreciated. LOVE LOVE LOVE what you have done with this launcher thus far, keep up the great work.

epdm2be

Jul 21, 2009
Antwerp
Samsung Galaxy S10+
soft shadows

Only been using this Launcher for about a week, but I am truly amazed at the flexibility. I used go launcher for years, but I have now found a better replacement.
Current layout. With so much to customize, the final product will take a while!

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

You need (soft) shadows under these icons on such a busy background. The flaw that ALL launchers have (except Touchwiz on the S3/S4 and S6), the S5 also has that flaw :(
Of which the S4 has best looking soft shadows IMHO.

glennnall

Nov 20, 2011
change page background color

I LOVE this APP! seems i can do anything with it.

how do I change the page background color?

samuelaviv

Oct 1, 2012
@geek21c

Hi,
Ive been using Total launcher a while now and its awesome!
I have an issue though, the launcher doesnt recognize the key Ive purchased anymore and when I try to use the pro features it keeps sending me to the play store to buy the key, even though I have it installed.
Ive tried to un-install the key and re-installing it but that didnt work, So im locked out of the pro features for now.

Please Help.
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks;
    I stumbled upon this launcher last week. Used it all weekend and really like it. Extremely light and fast and unbelievably customizable.
    Released by ChYK, the author of sslauncher. It's still in beta, so there are some bugs. I think you will like it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ss.launcher2

SM-G870A Peace
    Thank you for this thread.

Hi folks;
    I stumbled upon this launcher last week. Used it all weekend and really like it. Extremely light and fast and unbelievably customizable.
    Released by ChYK, the author of sslauncher. It's still in beta, so there are some bugs. I think you will like it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ss.launcher2

SM-G870A Peace

Hi,
    I'm the developer of the launcher.
    Thanks a lot for this thread open.
    I hope this will be helpful to many users of Total Launcher!

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Great, thank you for Answer.
    I have only problems with Widgets, cant add to app group. I have for Notifications an App with Name Notifiyer, she build an Widget for every App I wont and show me a counter.

Widget cannot be added into app group.
    The launcher is really great and u can do almost everything but it lacks the possibility to close pop-up windows through gestures instead of using the back button. That would be a cool add to the program :)

You can do it. Try to find "close the topmost window/folder" in launcher actions.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

But for some app i can' t. For example the apps in the screenshots. Perhaps you could use the same method of selecting apps as in the folders or app groups. So we could select which apps should get a notification.

I'm currently considering to add an option to filter the notification count.
    The reason it is not possible

Too bad, you can not edit it?

Please let me tell why it is not possible.
    The vertically scrolling view like app group or app drawer is reuse the child view (for item) while scrolling to increase the scrolling performance (smoothness). That is, the child view scrolled off will be reused for appearing item because it is exactly same for all items. Now let's think the situation that a different widget are in there. The widget is absolutely different view from the others so it must be recreated whenever it appears as scrolling. This will cause lags.
    Love the customizability of Total Launcher, but don't understand its security measures.

As far as I can tell, however, you can't firmly stay in Total Launcher - often you have to 're-choose' it.
    And if it's that easy to get out of it (really, it's hard to just STAY IN IT consistently), what's the point of password protected and hidden apps and so forth? Anyone who wanted to get to those apps would just do it outside of Total Launcher.

Is this wrong? Can one establish TL more firmly as the GUI for the phone?