Total rooting / firmware / ROM newb. Where to start

Search This thread

garerthw

Oct 6, 2022
Hi All,

I hope this is the right place for this post, if not please let me know.

I've got 20+ years experience in IT but have never looked at playing with the ROM on a phone. I have a OP5 that I would like to get a "clean" version of android on and have found several posts, blogs and youtube videos but they all seem to be missing some of the fundamentals.

Could someone point me in the right direction for maybe a general "how to put a new ROM on your android device" and / or something more specific to the OP5 if that exists. Happy to watch, read and learn but just not sure where to start.

Thanks in advance.

mvikrant97

Sep 4, 2017
Kalyan
techubix.tech
Nokia 3
Nokia 8 Sirocco
Hi All,

I hope this is the right place for this post, if not please let me know.

I've got 20+ years experience in IT but have never looked at playing with the ROM on a phone. I have a OP5 that I would like to get a "clean" version of android on and have found several posts, blogs and youtube videos but they all seem to be missing some of the fundamentals.

Could someone point me in the right direction for maybe a general "how to put a new ROM on your android device" and / or something more specific to the OP5 if that exists. Happy to watch, read and learn but just not sure where to start.

Thanks in advance.
You are welcome to XDA.
Head over to this page OnePlus 5 Forums XDA