• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

totally bricked? Alcatel Pixi 3 (8) WiFi - model 8070

Search This thread

Bethain

Apr 23, 2011
Hello. This Alcatel Pixi 3 tablet was meant as a gift add-on to an Orange (PL) LG G4c / Spirit LTE phone.
What is really weird is that there is no such model on Alcatel's website. It seems that this version was very unpopular.
It came with Lollipop 5.0.1 onboard. On boot screen it says ALCATEL onetouch Pixi3(8). on the back there is a sticker with Model: 8070 and some other numbers, but the thing is:

I was simply being an impatient one and i wanted to have this white boy rooted so i installed newest KingRoot. And it worked!
But then I've seen there's an app that does the magic and replaces kinguser with supersu. And it was called 'SuperSU Me', kind of.
Unfortunately it must have been a very old version (i tried the newest on my phone and it comes in two stages so it's different). After using it i don't remember if I ran su binary update but i think i did and then reboot. And of course it all went wrong after that.

It was stuck at the Alcatel boot animation, repeating itself endlessly. And instead of looking for solution i did something else. I went to the bootloader mode (vol+ and power) which lets you go into recovery or fastboot and i went to recovery. Where it actually says Android system recovery <3e> with additional line saying LRX21M and options apply update from ADB, sdcard, cache and some others.
So here's what I did: at first I wiped cache partition and then I wiped data ('wipe data/factory reset'). And this is mess.

There is no Alcatel animation, no more. Now it won't go further than this boot screen and it would just display this ALCATEL onetouch Pixi3(8) logo until it runs out of battery power. So i guess, that's my first bricked device for being naughty and too greedy to have some rooted stuff happening.

Please, is there any hope? Help? :)

Dec 17, 2012
hey @dam85, first i tried to get the scatter file with the mtk tools but wasnt able too, samo problem as someone mentioned earlier. After that i did the root through the mtk tools to enable the shell and then did the backup with the mtk tools, but got same result as @spithash. Then i took the firmware.info and made a scatter file with it through mtk tools (with tablet disconnected). When i opened the scatter file in SP Flash tool it was written that the scatter is for MT65xx version (cant remember the exact one), so i opened the scatter and changed the MT65xx to MT8127 and then it worked in SP Flash tools and i was able to dump bootimg and recovery (there were other too, but needed only those 2).
After that i used a root explorer on the tab to copy the root/ system folder to my pc. And finally i used cygwin and kitchen to make the flasable zip from boot.img, system folder and META-INF. Durning the process it didnt want to read the build.prop so i used a batch file "Android_Device_System_Information" to get the build.prop from the tab and changed it with the old one, after that it worked. However, also durning the process i saw when the kitchen was converting and putting the boot.img to the zip it read it again as the MT65xx, what could make problems, I assume.
When I was searching for a method to extract the boot and other parts from MT8127 devices, I found a tool which seems to fully support MT8127 and many other versions which is called "Infinity Box Chinese Miracle 2". Unfortunately after installing it and after running it it did nothing, didnt want to start :/

dam85

Nov 24, 2015
Greece
Xiaomi Redmi 5
Lenovo Vibe P1m
hey @dam85, first i tried to get the scatter file with the mtk tools but wasnt able too, samo problem as someone mentioned earlier. After that i did the root through the mtk tools to enable the shell and then did the backup with the mtk tools, but got same result as @spithash. Then i took the firmware.info and made a scatter file with it through mtk tools (with tablet disconnected). When i opened the scatter file in SP Flash tool it was written that the scatter is for MT65xx version (cant remember the exact one), so i opened the scatter and changed the MT65xx to MT8127 and then it worked in SP Flash tools and i was able to dump bootimg and recovery (there were other too, but needed only those 2).
After that i used a root explorer on the tab to copy the root/ system folder to my pc. And finally i used cygwin and kitchen to make the flasable zip from boot.img, system folder and META-INF. Durning the process it didnt want to read the build.prop so i used a batch file "Android_Device_System_Information" to get the build.prop from the tab and changed it with the old one, after that it worked. However, also durning the process i saw when the kitchen was converting and putting the boot.img to the zip it read it again as the MT65xx, what could make problems, I assume.
When I was searching for a method to extract the boot and other parts from MT8127 devices, I found a tool which seems to fully support MT8127 and many other versions which is called "Infinity Box Chinese Miracle 2". Unfortunately after installing it and after running it it did nothing, didnt want to start :/

Well, on this tablet there is an extra partition called "custom" that holds some extra system files needed for the ROM to work properly, so I don't think that the way you created the zip file is gonna work.

konsti

Dec 18, 2007
Muppet Show
Hi everyone, any interesting updates or news for this device... anything that may be interesting to report?
I don't think there were any Android 5.x updates from Alcatel themselves... nor any custom ROM made by anyone here that is working very well?
I think this device is a purchase-and-accept-what-it-offers type of tablet, right? :D

zakk87

Sep 3, 2010
Hi again. I have second Pixi 8 i220 working tablet and can someone tell me how to readback preloader or full rom and send it to my bricked device? Maybe it Will work?

deceiver7

Jun 1, 2016
I have problem trying to revive a Pixie 3 (10) 8079, with mobile upgrade S only pass the first step of download package, but after the step disconnect cable and connect again it stuck in boot loop. I have TWRP almost working.. but looks custpack folder deleted.

Someone have idea? Maybe can try flash it with the 8070 posted before?

Thanks

lamik

Feb 9, 2008
I have problem trying to revive a Pixie 3 (10) 8079, with mobile upgrade S only pass the first step of download package, but after the step disconnect cable and connect again it stuck in boot loop. I have TWRP almost working.. but looks custpack folder deleted.

Someone have idea? Maybe can try flash it with the 8070 posted before?

Thanks

Pixie 3 (10) 8079, with mobile upgrade S only pass the first step of download package--- look in the folder "downloaded" mobile upgrade S contains files?
in the download folder should be a lot of small files.Create a file(zip,rar) and place it in the exchanger (link).
Plug again to the mobile upgrade S
when prompted to disconnect the cable Do not disconnect
Look at mobile upgrade folder from the folder with the name of the tablet.files expansion must be(.mbn,.sca)?
Copy to another location,Create a file(zip,rar) and place it in the exchanger (link).

Last edited:

jucca

Jun 3, 2010
Split
Guys, need help pls. Got one Pixi 3 3G 10 dual sim device (9010x) , went to flash it via SP tool, but it seems I bricked it. Possibly with wrong FW. Now tablet is dead, nothing on screen, but on USB connetion, computer play sound wheni iI connect it . SP and AutoUpdater tools won't recognize it. Any hope here? thanks

Last edited:

cojo43

Mar 26, 2017
So I installed "Mobile Upgrade S 4.4.5 and it reads devices informations, but it get stuck at download, "Network error. Please check your network or disable any active firewall.". My connection is fine, I disabled firewall, start it as admin... No luck, any idea anyone?

EDIT: "Mobile Upgrade S Gotu2 V5.2.1" solved issue with message.

Last edited:

Legendofmir

Aug 29, 2018
Alcatel One touch easy OTE Pixi 3(8) 9005x

This Alcatel One touch easy OTE Pixi 3(8) 9005x, ARE THE BEST PHONE MADED IN THE WORLD. I rooted this one, and I removed the GOOGLE PLAY , what is a virus of google, to locate, follow, register and see all ur calls, and messages, because google is a virus of gouverment of USA like Facebook (FB(I)). So now all is in order and work the best with all apps I needed. **** I HAVE AND OTHER SAMSUNG TAB A 10" BUT ARE googled, & I cant until now to root this, to take off the GOOGLE PLAY virus from here. Maybe in the near future, because i dont need to be spied.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEWS UPDATE: I tried to install a twrp recovery through twrp magic tool yesterday. My device was bricked. Then I tried to revive it through alcatel mobile upgrade tool and it worked! So, we can now assume that is more safe to try stuff to this tablet.

But beware! The revival process was not quaranteed. It needs a bit of luck. So I won't suggest to anyone to try things to his tablet, but personally I have the will to experiment a bit.
    So I installed "Mobile Upgrade S 4.4.5 and it reads devices informations, but it get stuck at download, "Network error. Please check your network or disable any active firewall.". My connection is fine, I disabled firewall, start it as admin... No luck, any idea anyone?

EDIT: "Mobile Upgrade S Gotu2 V5.2.1" solved issue with message.
    Restore 8070 tablet via Alcatel's own tool

Hi everyone, for whoever is interested, I confirm that Mobile Upgrade S v4.4.5 restores the tablet, if detected properly by your PC. No special drivers installed or needed for this.

Just need to plug it on the USB cable while holding (side) POWER + VOLUME UP to be properly detected. I did this exercise and it wiped clean my tablet (was working fine, was hoping for some message first to confirm but doesn't matter, now) so it's back to factory settings. The firmware (as of today, April 2016) remains 5.0.1-01001 i.e. no changes or updates. I am posting some screenshots, below.

The device must be turned off when first plugged in. Then, mid-stage, you will need to remove the USB from PC, and re-insert it so the update/restore is applied... Good luck.
    Hi guys, it's official--we are on our own for this "8070" tablet.

Anyone like @dam85 that managed to dump/backup a working ROM, kindly post the procedure, drivers, scatter.txt so we can work on them just between us...

No software or support from Alcatel, whatsoever: They replied to my 3rd (not very kind) mail.

Thanks for the info. It seems that a low-range product doesn't deserve of getting official support by some manufacturers.
    It's good to know which manufacturers to exclude from my next buy...
    (Asus is already in the list, with memopad 7 (me70c) that I previously onwed and I got bad attitude from their support also).

As for our orphaned devices now, I did a readback on my first pixi, I have the backup, I never tested it cause that device got bricked, the most unnatural brick ever to happen, the device didn't even boot into bootloader, nothing, dead as dead can be.

So, the only help I can provide, is to send to anyone wants, my backuped rom, to try and restore his bricked device. Without any guaranteed result.

I'll post the steps I made in order to have a read back, It's been some weeks and I don't remember exactly what I did, but I can provide the links, my scatter.txt, etc.
    Thx...

I have recovered my device today by using the: Alcatel Mobile upgrade S 4.4.5
    Found it at download for Model 8070 and works for 8079 also.....Thx!!!