Touch HD Dead Pixels

Search This thread

fasty

May 25, 2007
Portsmouth
I've read reports of several people receiving their Touch HD with dead or stuck pixels.

Perhaps new owners would be kind enough to post the following information :

- Do you have any dead or stuck pixels, if so, how many (please post even if the answer is "none", to get a realistic view.

- How many defective pixels would you regard as "acceptable" for this device before it should be returned for replacement ?

Thanks in advance,

- Steve

Raziel1

Oct 15, 2008
I've read reports of several people receiving their Touch HD with dead or stuck pixels.

Perhaps new owners would be kind enough to post the following information :

- Do you have any dead or stuck pixels, if so, how many (please post even if the answer is "none", to get a realistic view.

- How many defective pixels would you regard as "acceptable" for this device before it should be returned for replacement ?

Thanks in advance,

- Steve

Hi i got my german verison yesterday.

-Stuck Pixels : 2 (Staying white all the time)
-None, as this is a device which depends on its huge screen. But on the other hand, has got a small one compared to something like a 22" display whioch also has mostly none dead pixels or max 1 or two

beside of this: when i switched to camera mode, there was an area of around 2-4 pixels which stayed white all the time. not a dead pixel, more like a problem with the camera sensor (maybe dead sensor spots?? )

Good thing: went to store and will get a new device at monday :)

tboy2000

Oct 21, 2006
London
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
I agree. 1 dead pixel is not acceptable for a £500+ phone. Would an online retailer accept it as a fault to return it for another one or is there a rule like with PSPs where a certain amount is possible and natural?

fasty

May 25, 2007
Portsmouth
I agree. 1 dead pixel is not acceptable for a £500+ phone. Would an online retailer accept it as a fault to return it for another one or is there a rule like with PSPs where a certain amount is possible and natural?
Being an electronics designer, I understand the challenge of producing a flaw-free display of such size. Unfortunately, perhaps for the same reason, I would find even one dead pixel most annoying, especially for such an expensive device.

The good news is that under the UK distance selling regulations, if you buy it over the internet within the UK, you have 7 days to return it for a refund for any reason, providing it is returned exactly as received. It should be borne in mind that some suppliers impose re-stocking charges if sealed software discs have been opened, so read their terms and conditions carefully first !

finisterre

Oct 15, 2006
But how do you return it exactly as received?

You have to break the seals on the box, tear open the various plastic bags containing the battery etc. Deplete the battery ever so slightly etc.

fasty

May 25, 2007
Portsmouth

SingaporeAirlines

Nov 3, 2008
Hertfordshire
The good news is that under the UK distance selling regulations, if you buy it over the internet within the UK, you have 7 days to return it for a refund for any reason, providing it is returned exactly as received. It should be borne in mind that some suppliers impose re-stocking charges if sealed software discs have been opened, so read their terms and conditions carefully first !

Which is the problem with Distance Selling ! I would tolerate one dead pixel - preferably in a corner. I remember my Nokia 7710 didn't come with dead pixels but after about a year there was one - which was acceptable given its age.

Raziel1

Oct 15, 2008
How to test dead/stucked pixels?

I would do this immediately when I receive device....

thx

Test them?? You will see them when you start your device.
dead/stuck pixels are pixels, which always stay black, white or another colour.

when i got the device already saw two white pixels when i switched the device on first. (you have to look closely because the pixels are small) but they are desturbing especially when the screen is it what makes this device special :mad:

gervasius

Jan 10, 2007
Zagreb
Test them?? You will see them when you start your device.
dead/stuck pixels are pixels, which always stay black, white or another colour.

when i got the device already saw two white pixels when i switched the device on first. (you have to look closely because the pixels are small) but they are desturbing especially when the screen is it what makes this device special :mad:

ok, thx.. I got lot of touch screen devices but never dead pixels..
hope that history will continue :D

Raziel1

Oct 15, 2008
ok, thx.. I got lot of touch screen devices but never dead pixels..
hope that history will continue :D

same with me. never had any dead pixels on a phone or pc monitor. that was the first time. why did it have to happen on such agreat product?

any way, i was able to retrive it and will recieve another one on monday :)

kalkoen

Feb 20, 2007
Hi Guys,

Today i recieved my Touch HD from www.2call.nl
To add my 2 cents...

- No dead or stuck pixels on the device

- For a device at this price I'd assume that it went to thorough testing.
therefore I would consider 0 dead or stuck pixels as "acceptable".

- The product box didn't have a security seal.

Regards,

Kalkoen