Touch Input problem

Search This thread

zyphuris55

Aug 18, 2008
Schiller Park
occasionally the built in keyboard shows me a different than expected keyboard. For example, durring txt messages, it would show the phone keypad "with the 1-9, P, w keys" or it would show the internet one "with .com button". I tryed looking through the registry for it, but its a mess tryn to find the key that was changed. i have the touch input v2.0 (build 35555) on the AT&T rom.
If anyone else has had this problem and knows how to solve it, the help would be amazing.

p.s. on my previous phone, I had the VITO Zoomboard, but i like the way this new keyboard is in how it changes..but not when it changes to something that isn't appropriate for the given event

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 73

baudac

Dec 11, 2008
Southern Cali
Did you install the classic word completion or word correction cab? If so,
GoodThings2Life said:
When enabling Classic Word Correction, Opera users may experience an issue in which the soft keyboard gets stuck in web or numeric mode. To avoid/correct this, click on the web page instead of the address bar before exiting Opera.

zyphuris55

Aug 18, 2008
Schiller Park
I installed the disable xt9 file which changes registry values?
Just now I used the resco registry explorer to extract my reg files and found which keys changed:

=== normal keyboard ===
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9\Ime]
"CurrentET9Style"=dword:00000000

=== web keyboard ===
"CurrentET9Style"=dword:00000006

=== numeric keypad ===

now I gata find a program which will make an exe or lnk to change that value of the reg

InRBigness

Jul 5, 2007
I have the exact same issue. The phone seems to get stuck on the number keypad with the W and P and will not go back to the full qwerty.

Soft resets do nothing to reset keyboard. I did the following edits to get word suggestion:

Go to: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\layouts\e001 0409
Edit: Ime File = \Windows\compime.dll
Layout Text = COMP IME

Go to: HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9
Edit: XT9SupportMSSip= 0

Otherwise I have done no registry edits except removing proxy info for Opera to get it to work on Rogers.

This is most annoying so any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

I have tried using opera page before exiting but it still comes up as a number pad.

InRBigness

Jul 5, 2007
I find that it will also flip to this input style when trying to add a contact. Once it does this I then have to go and start opera, touch the address bar and the input changes back to qwerty. Then I can exit opera. Its kind of a pain but at least I know of the work around.

SlyMaelstrom

Jan 3, 2010
I just got this problem today. I have yet to be able to change it back.

I can tell you that this occurred in the Windows Edit Contacts menu (that is to say, go to HTC's "Edit Contacts" and select "More").

At first it gave me a simple numbers and arrow keys only keypad. I soft reset and it changed nothing. I then decided to retrace my steps to try to fix it, so I went back to the edit contacts screen and fiddled around, very shortly it switched to the keyboard as described by the OP. Numeric keys, parenthesis, a 'P' and a 'W', etc... stuff used in phone numbers, I suppose. I haven't been able to get it back to a full keyboard, yet. I've messed around with the keyboard options, switched to and back from other keyboard choices and got nothing.

Anyone else want to investigate this further with us?

snooffy

Dec 4, 2007
xperia

I installed the disable xt9 file which changes registry values?
Just now I used the resco registry explorer to extract my reg files and found which keys changed:

=== normal keyboard ===
"CurrentET9Style"=dword:00000000

=== web keyboard ===

=== numeric keypad ===

now I gata find a program which will make an exe or lnk to change that value of the reg

This worked for me.. The opera trick did not:(

macpat45

May 14, 2010
I just got this problem today. I have yet to be able to change it back.

I can tell you that this occurred in the Windows Edit Contacts menu (that is to say, go to HTC's "Edit Contacts" and select "More").

At first it gave me a simple numbers and arrow keys only keypad. I soft reset and it changed nothing. I then decided to retrace my steps to try to fix it, so I went back to the edit contacts screen and fiddled around, very shortly it switched to the keyboard as described by the OP. Numeric keys, parenthesis, a 'P' and a 'W', etc... stuff used in phone numbers, I suppose. I haven't been able to get it back to a full keyboard, yet. I've messed around with the keyboard options, switched to and back from other keyboard choices and got nothing.Anyone else want to investigate this further with us?

Same problem for me, so I did the Opera method.
It definitely originated (for me) in "edit contacts".
I used the stock Opera (9?). I did try to just tap the google search bar with no luck.
Just click on the address bar after you start the browser and it will allow you to switch.

*Non-registry changin' noob method*