Touch screen issue test / reproduction (video)

Search This thread

xnappo

Aug 15, 2003
Yes, apparently it has more to do with number of glasses of wine consumed than screen brightness. Sorry :p

pyroguysf

Mar 7, 2013
FWIW, I recently bought a S20 FE unlocked from Amazon:
SM-G781U1/DS
ATL3 baseband
Dec 1 security update
HW rev 1.1
MFG Vietnam, Nov 13 2020
No screen protector (yet)

I haven't swapped my SIM over and made it my daily driver yet, but have been using/testing it for a few days with the visual tap and crosshairs turned on in dev ops. I haven't had any issues in regular use yet at all.

I do see the double dots as opposed to single when swiping quickly, but it hasn't seemed to effect use. IMO, it might just be how the digitizer polls, as I've read some weird things with high refresh rate displays previously (i.e. possibly intended behavior or cheaper parts). It is also ever so slightly more stuttery near the start of pinching to zoom than my Note9. It is very slightly more eager to merge two lines into one than the Note9, but I have to put my fingers are so close together, I wouldn't expect it to sense two lines. I've only notice these issues in the test app, not regular use.

All that said, I get pretty nitpicky, and I would've never noticed anything weird had I not read these threads. I went crazy on the touchscreen test app and in regular use trying to replicate all the different complaints I've heard, luckily to no avail. Maybe I've got one of the good units, or they changed something in HW 1.1 or the newest software that mitigates the issue. I'll put a screen protector on it since that will be my normal use case, and update if anything changes, but so far mine has been totally fine in regular usage.

android_htc

Feb 24, 2011
Hello All,

Just updated to Jan 21 security patch with Samsung's 4th attempt at touch screen improvement...

I am pleased to report that after a quick test with the touch screen app, I was not able to reproduce any ghost touches... I think Samsung may have finally fixed it!

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210115-115940_Software update.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210115-115940_Software update.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

xphyle1971

Apr 25, 2012
Hello All,

Just updated to Jan 21 security patch with Samsung's 4th attempt at touch screen improvement...

I am pleased to report that after a quick test with the touch screen app, I was not able to reproduce any ghost touches... I think Samsung may have finally fixed it!

Are you using the One UI 3.0 update yet? What region are you in?

android_htc

Feb 24, 2011
Are you using the One UI 3.0 update yet? What region are you in?

Yes, been using One UI 3.0 since 24th Dec 2020 in the UK (BTU). However, One UI 3.0 still had Dec 2020 security patch and the touch screen issue was NOT resolved then.
Just received the Jan 2021 security patch today with "touch screen" improvement and I am unable to reproduce the ghost touches!

Top Liked Posts