• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Touch screen issue test / reproduction (video)

Search This thread

Mroku999

Oct 25, 2020
I had the S20 FE 5G 6GB Ram and found it to be a great phone. Unfortunately, due to touch problems (application with a blue background), I gave my phone away.

The more time passes, the more I wonder where the boundary between the S20 FE 5G and S20+ 5G is blurred.

In my country, there is no official version of the S20 FE 5G 8GB Ram yet, but this model is planned for: 799 €.

Currently, the S20+ 5G model costs about 1049 €, where Samsung often makes promotions and you can get a refund of about 200 € from this amount.

and here the matter gets complicated:

S20 FE 5G (negative):
- Display 6,5' Super Amoled
- Protection Diplay: ???????
- Display Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels
- 6 GB or 8 GB RAM
- Video: 4K EIS (digital stabilization)
- Fingerprint: optical
- No Headphones
- No proximity sensor
- Still new construction

S20 FE 5G (plus)
- Snapdragon 865
- Memory UFS 3.1
- Camera Sensor: Sony

S20+ 5G (plus):
- Display 6,7' Dynamic Amoled
- Protection Display: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Display Resolution: 1440 x 3200 pixels
- 12 GB Ram
- Video: 8K or 4K. (4K OIS - optical stabilization)
- Fingerprint: ultrasonic
- in the set of AKG headphones
- Proximity Sensor
- Proven design for a year without the disadvantages of childhoods

S20+ 5G (negative):
- Exynos
- Memory UFS 3.0
- Camera Sensor: Samsung Exynos (samsung solution)

Last edited:

kuailan

Aug 3, 2009
Sydney
I went back to vendor (JBHiFi in Australia) and they contacted Samsung. They were told new update to fix it in a few days. It dropped Friday - interestingly didn't seem top change the firmware version - but didn't fix the issue. Will be taking it back for a different phone - or maybe just a refund.

$1000 seems better in my account given I don't actually have issues with my current phone. I just miss playing with ROMs. :D

Bro I give up on mine...went to Parramatta Westfield Samsung. Give to the guys, don't argue too much ...so the proof....they will create a case number for their manager to call. Eventually they give me 3 options. 1 they will give 100 for my inconvenience and repair the item. 2 exchange a brand new one...3 refund. I just told them I want a refund. As much as its good to have another 100 back, but I can't risk another screwed up. I seriously think its more than software issues.

Now I just bought note 20 ultra for only several hundred more through corporate account. Totally big difference in the screen. I have less prone to errors, less accidental closing apps...and I even use the touch screen test on it...perfect no ghost touch what so ever.

Mroku999

Oct 25, 2020
Bro I give up on mine...went to Parramatta Westfield Samsung. Give to the guys, don't argue too much ...so the proof....they will create a case number for their manager to call. Eventually they give me 3 options. 1 they will give 100 for my inconvenience and repair the item. 2 exchange a brand new one...3 refund. I just told them I want a refund. As much as its good to have another 100 back, but I can't risk another screwed up. I seriously think its more than software issues.

Now I just bought note 20 ultra for only several hundred more through corporate account. Totally big difference in the screen. I have less prone to errors, less accidental closing apps...and I even use the touch screen test on it...perfect no ghost touch what so ever.

Sorry of topic. Did you buy the Note 20 Ultra from Exynos or Snapdragon? In my country, Poland in Europe, unfortunately I only have Exynos and I am a little afraid of these opinions about overheating and high temperature. That's why I care so much about the S20 FE 5G snapdragon. I used to have an Xperie X that was supposed to take great photos and shoot cool videos. In the summer, the Xperia X was so overheated while shooting movies that the camera application turned off after 1 minute. I had the message "very high device temperature" then and the camera application was not available at the time. And this problem was there all along, a factory defect. The processor was overheating.

I am considering a Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G (exynos).
I played with this phone because my friend has it. It's great to play on it, for example in Call of Duty mobile

Marek.kov

Nov 8, 2020
Sorry of topic. Did you buy the Note 20 Ultra from Exynos or Snapdragon? In my country, Poland in Europe, unfortunately I only have Exynos and I am a little afraid of these opinions about overheating and high temperature. That's why I care so much about the S20 FE 5G snapdragon. I used to have an Xperie X that was supposed to take great photos and shoot cool videos. In the summer, the Xperia X was so overheated while shooting movies that the camera application turned off after 1 minute. I had the message "very high device temperature" then and the camera application was not available at the time. And this problem was there all along, a factory defect. The processor was overheating.

I played with this phone because my friend has it. It's great to play on it, for example in Call of Duty mobile

I just returned s20+ exynos. It was too warm during normal use for my liking. Few minutes in camera app , just playing with setting and phone had 42 °. Regular web browsing and I could feel it is getting noticeably
warmer than my A51. And its November , I read ...wait till summer when you will be using it in 30°+.... Its not overheating critically you can live with, if you change your phone every year, even if it will bother you it will not take long :) . But if you are thinking phone that you will keep for few years, wait for s21 and some reviews. S20+ is getting warmer than other phones and it will bother you whole the time, especially now when you know it is not normal :) This year exynos 990 is not that good. There were years when exynos was much better than SD. No one in EU was screaming that we are cheated in EU back than, when we had better processsor. Or ask someone to bring you one from USA with snapdragon.
That is why S20 FE was my favorite in EU with snapdragon. I was hopping that I can pick phone without touch issue. But when I saw what last update did to phones with no issues whatsoever , I will pass and forget about 20FE. Trying to mask what is almost certainly HW issue on some units , they created problem on non defective units with last update as well. And it did not solve problem on defective ones.

I can not post links here yet, look for techfancz post with video on reddit fe20 thread. I do not really need new phone that much. :)

Last edited:

android_htc

Feb 24, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Received the latest update with Nov security patch.
My device:
SUFFERING FROM GHOST TOUCH ISSUE
Model : SM-G781B
Manufacture date : 2020.09.19
Hardware version : 1.1
Stock ATK1. Default settings. Original screen protector and a Spigen Case

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20201112-104309.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201112-104309.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 404
  • SmartSelect_20201112-104334.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201112-104334.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 404

buzzboy

Oct 29, 2010
Canterbury
I received the new update this morning also.

1) Ghost touches still present (Although reduced)

2) Pinch to zoom has improved , but still not perfect.

3) Jittery scrolling has improved a lot ,but once again not perfect.

Hardware revision 1.1

Last edited:

kuailan

Aug 3, 2009
Sydney

I got the exynos, most people other than the US, and Korean will get the exynos version. So far the phone work great for me. I'm just glad at least with this one I don't have touch screen issues.

waynester21

Sep 10, 2013
Had my Exynos S20 FE for 3 days now, manufactured 13th October according to the Phone Info SAM app, running latest firmware (November 1st security update) as I updated it as soon as I took it out the box. So far had no real world screen issues to speak of (touch wood) but the fault is there as I've recreated it by using the app in the video posted on this thread. As I say, I've not had any problem using my phone day to day for the 3 days I've had it. I ran the app on my Galaxy A70 and that has zero issues whatsoever. The S20 FE did create some of the diagonal lines but not as many as what were in the video.

m3tric_

Nov 13, 2020

Just wondering how long did it take for the refund? I am also going to take my device to the same place and keen to get a refund, I think I've been patient enough with the touchscreen problems. Was the process difficult? I bought mine directly from Samsung online.

(sent you a PM a few days ago as this is a bit off topic, so feel free to reply there if you'd like!) Thanks!

malikson30

Dec 10, 2015
I received the new update this morning also.

1) Ghost touches still present (Although reduced)

2) Pinch to zoom has improved , but still not perfect.

3) Jittery scrolling has improved a lot ,but once again not perfect.

Hardware revision 1.1

I've got this update:

Same results as above, apart of jittery --> no jittery at all . For me is almost perfect now. Of course in the testing app some time I I get cross lines (reduced since this SW update)

Last edited:

inley

May 26, 2016
Galaxy S20 FE (Exynos)
Manufacture Date: 5th Nov
Hardware Rev 1.0 (weird that more recently manufactured device has older Rev. Was expecting Rev 1.1 or even Rev 1.2)
Firmware: ATK1

Have done a Full Reset. Pinch to Zoom still stuttering

tabish84

Mar 19, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
OnePlus 8T
I played pubg mobile for 2 hours today after a very long time and would like to tell you the top left screen is the area where i am getting touch issues. I would also like to add the exynos 990 has issues too while playing the game with charger connected as it heats up.the phone and that results in bad performance. After using my older phone realme x3 superzoom for playing pubg it felt way smoother despite that i was playing with 90hz option with s20 fe and with 60hz on realme x3

extenue

Jan 29, 2007
is there any poll somewhere about this issue ?

is Exynos version more affected than SD or vice-versa ?

I really want this phone but before buy it I would like to be able to evaluate the "chance" to get a default unit

XT

M4r10 22

Oct 7, 2011
Braga
Forget the exynos, it is the biggest problem... if u really want the exynos go for s20+ instead.

There are a minor problems that u cant notice in real use. With last update u just notice zoom problem when u touch the fingers very very slowly. Scroll is ok, and i have played cod this days and i didnt have any issues playing.

But its a shame this low cost digitizer in a Samsung device that cost more than 600€!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts