[Solved]Touch screen not workiMoto G Powerng after rooting Moto G Power

Search This thread

PamelaGirl

Jul 10, 2011
That is awesome and congrats!
You stayed with it and got the results.
Please do post how you did you as I would like to know and probably many other future readers.

klninja

Feb 3, 2021
Guys I found the solution, first you need LMSA (Lenovo Motorola Smart Assistant) I got a few authentication errors when I tried to download it, so I found another way to download it. If you had the same error you can download it in the link below:

https://midia.vip/k6uq7l (sadly I only found only this one which has 2 shorteners).

After downloading it you need to put your phone in fastboot mode, you don't actually need ADB tools for fixing it, but you will need to root it with the stock ROM that your getting after using LMSA, connect your phone to the host computer, and if you tried to root your phone you probably have the USB depuration on, so click on rescue option at LMSA, and login with your Lenovo ID (if you don't have one you can create it) then it will probably recognize your phone automatically, click in download ROM, and wait for it to download, go to the folder and copy it to another folder if you want to root it.

If you don't want to root it you can already click rescue, it will wipe all the data but your phone will be fixed, if you don't want to lose your data you can follow this tutorial, but your phone gotta be at least 60%.

Just follow the tutorial in the link and you will fix your phone without losing your data, but in most cases your phone won't be, my phone wasn't charging, but I am not sure it happens in all cases.

If you want to root get the ROM that you placed in another folder and patch it with magisk and flash it.

Hope everyone can fix the problem, since I had the same problem and I got very frustrated and panicked a lot since it was my only phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Apologies if I should have searched harder. My understanding is that touch screen issues like this happen when the firmware you flash isn't quite compatible with your device. I've triple checked the stuff I downloaded, and I'm not seeing how it could be that. Maybe I did something else stupid? This is my first time rooting anything.

Product/Variant (as seen in bootloader): sofia XT2041-4 64GB PVT
    The boot.img I downloaded: lolinet's firmware/moto/sofia/official/RETUS/ (the august 31 one. Currently trying with the earlier one, but the download is taking forever)
    Magisk version: 7.5.1

I only have a linux laptop, so the rescue and smart assistant appears to be off the table

Here's what I did:
    • Downloaded the boot.img from lolinet
    • patched it using magisk
    • flashed it using fastboot

How I flashed it:
    Code:
    ~/Downloads$ fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img 
    target reported max download size of 805261312 bytes
    sending 'boot_b' (12136 KB)...
    OKAY [  0.376s]
    writing 'boot_b'...
    OKAY [  0.069s]
    finished. total time: 0.446s
    I booted up after this, and I couldn't use the touchscreen. Then I noticed the boot_b thing, so I did the following to do both partitions (although I have no idea if this is what you're supposed to do):
    Code:
    ~/Downloads$ fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched.img 
    sending 'boot_a' (12136 KB)...
    OKAY [  0.350s]
    writing 'boot_a'...
    OKAY [  0.076s]
    finished. total time: 0.425s
    ~/Downloads$ fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched.img 
    sending 'boot_b' (12136 KB)...
    OKAY [  0.370s]
    writing 'boot_b'...
    OKAY [  0.214s]
    finished. total time: 0.584s
    No dice..
    Next, I tried to just use the unpatched boot.img to restore things.
    Code:
    ~/Downloads$ fastboot flash boot_a XT2041-4_SOFIA_RETUS_10_QPMS30.80-109-2_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml/boot.img 
    target reported max download size of 805259264 bytes
    sending 'boot_a' (65536 KB)...
    OKAY [  1.908s]
    writing 'boot_a'...
    OKAY [  0.696s]
    finished. total time: 2.604s
    ~/Downloads$ fastboot flash boot_b XT2041-4_SOFIA_RETUS_10_QPMS30.80-109-2_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml/boot.img 
    target reported max download size of 805259264 bytes
    sending 'boot_b' (65536 KB)...
    OKAY [  1.949s]
    writing 'boot_b'...
    OKAY [  0.525s]
    finished. total time: 2.474s

once again, no dice..this time I didn't even get to the lockscreen. Just stuck on the moto logo

Any idea what I've done wrong? Would really appreciate some help with this.

Update: I tried with the other boot.img from lolinet, doesn't get to lockscreen. Then I tried a factory reset with twrp, and flashing the earlier boot.img and I got to the setup screen, but still no touch.

Update 2: I managed to get omnirom flashed, and that's working so far! I am still curious to know why the touch screen issues popped up..will be useful next time I want to flash stock