• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Touch screen not working, pen working????

Search This thread

Robin Son

Nov 9, 2014
Wingate,nc
Go to your dialer and press *#2663# and update all the touch firmwares.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

Thanks charlieb620 for pointing that fix out. My problems were the same as everyone else but I could not downgrade back to stock. So after hours of flashing and trying different codes ( that's no good if your not stock ) and calling on jesus:laugh: now I'm up and rolling again:highfive:

This is how i did it, for those of you that are stuck on a custom rom or hate stock and just ain't going back.

1st: I downloaded Phone info Samsung here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2609045
Now with vndnguyen tools those codes that only stock users can use custom rom users can to.

2nd: Go to the menu on top left corner / then Secret Codes and look for charlieb620 code for fix:good:
Nice thanks again guys

Don't forget to hit the thanks for us if this helps

dannyjason95

Jul 19, 2016
Thanks charlieb620 for pointing that fix out. My problems were the same as everyone else but I could not downgrade back to stock. So after hours of flashing and trying different codes ( that's no good if your not stock ) and calling on jesus:laugh: now I'm up and rolling again:highfive:

This is how i did it, for those of you that are stuck on a custom rom or hate stock and just ain't going back.

1st: I downloaded Phone info Samsung here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2609045
Now with vndnguyen tools those codes that only stock users can use custom rom users can to.

2nd: Go to the menu on top left corner / then Secret Codes and look for charlieb620 code for fix:good:
Nice thanks again guys

Don't forget to hit the thanks for us if this helps

Can I know which custom firmware you were running when you did this ?

Wutever1969

Mar 2, 2016
PHOENIX AZ

awesome thanks, flashed (emotion kernal r22) and after a real hot boot i notice my touch point where way off almost a 4th of my screen or at least 5 rows to high, i thought i lost the digitizer. After running into you post I tried it and work like a charm, thank you very much Sir, I love my note 4, I thought i was going to have to go back to my v10:good::good::good::good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ok guys i have another question for the experts. Im dealing with this GS i717, the phone was rooted at some point since i found a touch recovery in it when i got it in my hands. Problem or issue is that i got it back to stock ATT and now touch screen is not working at all. Funny thing is that i noticed it wasnt working with the touch recovery but since that recovery looked so weird i thougth it was a matter of incompatibility since ive seen that before with touch recoveries. Anyway, the LCD doesnt look bad at all. In fact theres not even a minor scratch on the phone and or lcd(digitizer). But strange enough the digitizer responds perfectly to the pen. Im asking for help cus this does not look like a hardware issue. Seems to be a matter of configuration or something like that. Any advice??
    If you do decide to take it apart, I found this link to be very helpful. (Warning! Autoplay)
    If your not under warranty try taking it apart. Maybe you'll find something disconnected. You have nothing to lose.

This is a good suggestion because the screen is several layers (glass, digitizer, lcd, capacitive touch, and pen) with connectors for each one, and each layer is independent of the others. A good knocking could loosen a connector.

If that doesn't cure it, a new screen assembly is $160. I just bought one for my N7000 note.
    From what you describe, it seems like you are dealing with a dead part. It's not like a PC where you can just install a driver to make the touch screen work.

If you don't want to spend any money to replace the screen, I would sell the phone as it is to recover any money that I can.