Touch Wiz update messed tab up please help!

tonyurquiza

Sep 20, 2010
ok so here is what happened i have a stock US retail wifi only 16gb tab no clockwork recovery or none of that , im kind of a noob when it comes to that stuff, so today i received the update cool i downloaded it but it didn't install the first time for some reason. The it said a previous update was sucessfully downloaded but did not install do i wish to instal so i clicked yest and it said tab is about to reboot, clicked ok and it took me to this black and grey screen like the boot screen only with a loadbar and it zoomed to 100 percent. then i got the original samsung galaxy boot logo and the noise but no animation then the screen goes to this nasty screen with alot of colorful lines and dots everywhere and i cant see anything looks terrible.

Heres what i can do i can go into the bootloader by pressing power and volume. and i already tried to do a restore/wipe but didnt help, i can also plug it in to the computer and use the sd card and put and remove files from tab. im wondering if i can somehow get the update put it in the tab and install from there and see if it works or if i can get stock honeycomb and try to see if that works because they guy at samsung was clueless he didnt get the fact that i cant use the OS and said i need to get it serviced when i know its a software problem.

tonyurquiza

Sep 20, 2010
sorry if im mistaken but dont i need to be able to use the tab and install something from the market place to be able to install CWM thats what im getting from what i read?

Rogdin

Dec 20, 2010
Ok. So I installed the Samsung Kies software. It recognizes the device and shows that the update is available. However, it says that the battery should be fully charged. So now I am waiting for the full charge to proceed.
Hope the Kies helps.

hoodoomagic

Jun 25, 2010
sorry if im mistaken but dont i need to be able to use the tab and install something from the market place to be able to install CWM thats what im getting from what i read?
No.

Go to the thread I linked, download the files, watch the youtube video.

1. Install the GT-p7510_USB_Driver if you haven't already

2. Start Odin - untick the auto reboot option

3. Click PDA and choose recovery-cwm_4.0.0.4-sam-tab-10.1.tar.md5

4. Power up your tab and get it into download mode (power down + vol down, then vol up)

5. connect the tab to your PC, one of the boxes in odin should highlight yellow and say com 4 or whatever.

6. press start and it'll flash CWM to your tab

7. wait till it's done, it should only take a few seconds and the boxes will turn green.

8. power down your tab and unplug it from your pc

9. boot into CWM, (power down + vol down, vol down to select CWM, vol up to enter.

10. flash hc-3.1_ota-full_sam_tab_10.1.zip

11. do a factory wipe in CWM and wipe davlik just to be safe

12. reboot, and hopefully you'll be back to stock 3.1

From here you can do whatever you want.

tonyurquiza

Sep 20, 2010
haha well first and formost i want to thank everyone for thier input. I did alot of searching online i tried KIES samsung tech support was useless. So i found the instructions on how to put clockwork on a locked bootloader got it on there and flashes the stock rom and it worked my tab is now back! only problem now is i tried to update again and only go the minor update and it doesnt find the big one lol but cant complain ill just wait lol thanks again. and to others who had the same problem dont deal with KIES to recover its useless unless you were using the program to update. I suggest getting CWM and flashing stock since thats what worked for me?

hoodoomagic

Jun 25, 2010
haha well first and formost i want to thank everyone for thier input. I did alot of searching online i tried KIES samsung tech support was useless. So i found the instructions on how to put clockwork on a locked bootloader got it on there and flashes the stock rom and it worked my tab is now back! only problem now is i tried to update again and only go the minor update and it doesnt find the big one lol but cant complain ill just wait lol thanks again. and to others who had the same problem dont deal with KIES to recover its useless unless you were using the program to update. I suggest getting CWM and flashing stock since thats what worked for me?
Glad to hear it worked.

Since you now have CWM, just download the flashable zip from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1198921

Make sure you do a factory reset in CWM after you flash this, otherwise you'll bootloop.

supercluver

Nov 19, 2005
Austin, TX
No.

Go to the thread I linked, download the files, watch the youtube video.

1. Install the GT-p7510_USB_Driver if you haven't already

2. Start Odin - untick the auto reboot option

3. Click PDA and choose recovery-cwm_4.0.0.4-sam-tab-10.1.tar.md5

4. Power up your tab and get it into download mode (power down + vol down, then vol up)

5. connect the tab to your PC, one of the boxes in odin should highlight yellow and say com 4 or whatever.

6. press start and it'll flash CWM to your tab

7. wait till it's done, it should only take a few seconds and the boxes will turn green.

8. power down your tab and unplug it from your pc

9. boot into CWM, (power down + vol down, vol down to select CWM, vol up to enter.

10. flash hc-3.1_ota-full_sam_tab_10.1.zip

11. do a factory wipe in CWM and wipe davlik just to be safe

12. reboot, and hopefully you'll be back to stock 3.1

From here you can do whatever you want.
How would i get hc-3.1_ota-full_sam_tab_10.1.zip on my tab to flash via CWM if I can't get the tab to boot?

supercluver

Nov 19, 2005
Austin, TX
ok so here is what happened i have a stock US retail wifi only 16gb tab no clockwork recovery or none of that , im kind of a noob when it comes to that stuff, so today i received the update cool i downloaded it but it didn't install the first time for some reason. The it said a previous update was sucessfully downloaded but did not install do i wish to instal so i clicked yest and it said tab is about to reboot, clicked ok and it took me to this black and grey screen like the boot screen only with a loadbar and it zoomed to 100 percent. then i got the original samsung galaxy boot logo and the noise but no animation then the screen goes to this nasty screen with alot of colorful lines and dots everywhere and i cant see anything looks terrible.

Heres what i can do i can go into the bootloader by pressing power and volume. and i already tried to do a restore/wipe but didnt help, i can also plug it in to the computer and use the sd card and put and remove files from tab. im wondering if i can somehow get the update put it in the tab and install from there and see if it works or if i can get stock honeycomb and try to see if that works because they guy at samsung was clueless he didnt get the fact that i cant use the OS and said i need to get it serviced when i know its a software problem.
Mine did exactly this too, by the way....

supercluver

Nov 19, 2005
Austin, TX
Thank you DocRambone, flashing that via Odin got me up and running.

Then I flashed CWM as per earlier post and then flashed the Stock UEKMB + root ROM and I guess I am good to go.

Rogdin

Dec 20, 2010
Ok guys. This is my report. I used the Kies to update. The firmware was updated successfully and now the tablet works perfectly!

So this is easier and less painful method than using CWM described above =)) (but thanks to hoodoomagic for the description anyway)

Hope this will help somebody.