TouchPad Charger replacement

Search This thread

dramon

Aug 14, 2011
Hi guys, let me start off by saying that I've owned my TouchPad for 2 and a half years and have been lurking on xda for some years.

Recently my TouchPad Charger got damaged due to fluctuating voltage.
My touchpads battery is drained. I have no way to charge it.

Now I have searched a lot and I understand that the TouchPad has a built in mechanism that allows it to draw 2A current only from official chargers and draws limited current from other charges.
My problem is that I'm in a location where there is no TouchPad Charger available in the market and Amazon.com etc does not ship to my location so please don't post any links of online products.
I've got multiple mobile phone chargers at home with output ranging from 5V, 750-100mA. Whenever I plug them in, I get the message ' to reliably charge use the cable that came with your device'. I've charged my TouchPad for hours yet it still doesn't boot.

Shops near me have generic Chinese chargers as well as branded charges of Samsung tab etc.

What can I do? Is my TouchPad doomed?

sstar

Apr 6, 2012
Brighton
You've said that Amazon won't ship to your location but not who will or where you are?
Anyway the best way to charge from flat is with a Touchstone charger if you can locate one.

dramon

Aug 14, 2011
You've said that Amazon won't ship to your location but not who will or where you are?
Anyway the best way to charge from flat is with a Touchstone charger if you can locate one.
I'm from Pakistan, nothing ships over here. And no there isn't any touchstone chargers also