• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Touchscreen becomes non-functional when I keep my palm on screen. This is not letting me write on my tablet.

Search This thread

I_am_Arnab

Jun 15, 2021
Hi!
I am facing a problem with my android tablet. I want to write some notes on tablet with a capacitive stylus (I don't have an active stylus nor do I want to buy one).
Now I can't have strict palm rejection, but I found that some apps have software based palm rejection.

So, I tested those apps, but the palm rejection worked only when I kept my palm very lightly on the screen.
Then, I did some "touch testing", and found out that the tablet doesn't register any touches when I keep my palm rested on the screen.

I am very sure that this is the cause for the software to not work.

Some people uses foam or something like that but I don't like it.

Now, I know that this feature is very useful for mobile devices (and also sometimes on tablets), but this feature is not letting me write or draw on my tablet.
Please tell me if there is some feature in settings which is turned on, or is it not possible to fix this 😥
Also, I don't want to do any "rooting" stuff, I already have bricked my previous phone.

Any reply is highly appreciated 🙏.

Last edited:

I_am_Arnab

Jun 15, 2021
Screenshot_20210617-113333.png
Screenshot_20210617-114550.png

I looked for that, but I couldn't find anything. This is my entire developer menu.
Am I missing something?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Turn on touch drawing in the application you have concern with.