Question Touchscreen freezing

Search This thread

marga3434

Nov 30, 2022
Hello,

I really hope someone could help me.

My phone's touchscreen is becoming unresponsive at random times but mostly if the phone is not being used and I'm moving(in my pocket). The display works fine, if I am pressing lock twice, for example, the camera app pops but I am not able to press the caption button.
This issue is resolved if I restart the phone (volume down and lock button), but after a few minutes it becomes unresponsive again.
Also I noticed that the battery drains way faster.
This is how I tried so far to solve the issue:
-delete recent downloaded apps
-start the phone in safe mode
-reset factory the phone

This issue started at the end of quite very high altitude, not sure if this could be related.

Help would be really much appreciated, currently backpacking and don't afford a new phone or spending loads of money on repairing.

Thank you

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
A SEU is possible. Rare but more common at high altitudes. Try reflashing to same version firmware. A hardware failure be more likely nonetheless you need the eliminate corrupted firmware as a possible cause. If under warranty, send it in.

koimr

Feb 20, 2013
British Columbia
A family member had this problem too - I ended up sending it to my carrier for repair. Hopefully yours is still under warranty if it's the same issue.

Bigslime96

Oct 21, 2022
Hello,

I really hope someone could help me.

My phone's touchscreen is becoming unresponsive at random times but mostly if the phone is not being used and I'm moving(in my pocket). The display works fine, if I am pressing lock twice, for example, the camera app pops but I am not able to press the caption button.
This issue is resolved if I restart the phone (volume down and lock button), but after a few minutes it becomes unresponsive again.
Also I noticed that the battery drains way faster.
This is how I tried so far to solve the issue:
-delete recent downloaded apps
-start the phone in safe mode
-reset factory the phone

This issue started at the end of quite very high altitude, not sure if this could be related.

Help would be really much appreciated, currently backpacking and don't afford a new phone or spending loads of money on repairing.

Thank you
What country is yours from?
Did it get fixed?

marga3434

Nov 30, 2022
From Romania, not yet. Can't really take it to a workshop where I am, so I have to wait for another couple of days

Reactions: Bigslime96

Bigslime96

Oct 21, 2022
Keep me posted
I hope it gets fixed
I have the same problem on my A72
Just updated my A52s 5G to android 13
Mines from French
Luckily no touch issue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From Romania, not yet. Can't really take it to a workshop where I am, so I have to wait for another couple of days