Touchscreen issue

Search This thread

P12AV33N

Aug 28, 2017
IS ANYONE ELSE FACING TOUCHSCREEN ISSUE?

I'm facing some touchscreen issues like notification bar is hard to pull (meaning the edges of the screen is sometimes unresponsive)
Sometimes unresponsive screen while gaming
And the issue is most noticeable when I'm typing (Sometimes keys become unresponsive while sometimes are pressed multiple times even with a simple tap)

I'm not sure if it's a hardware issue or software issue, I'm a bit worried, If it's a software issue then it's fine but an hardware issue will cause me a lot of trouble.

Note :
I'm not using any screen filter app or haven't given any other app to draw over screen permission.
Using Resurrection Remix ROM

Last edited:
Reactions: padre629

SGnoob

Aug 14, 2018

I'm facing some touchscreen issues like notification bar is hard to pull (meaning the edges of the screen is sometimes unresponsive)
And the issue is most noticeable when I'm typing (Sometimes keys become unresponsive while sometimes are pressed multiple times even with a simple tap)

I'm not sure if it's a hardware issue or software issue, I'm a bit worried, If it's a software issue then it's fine but an hardware issue will cause me a lot of trouble.

Note : I'm not using any screen filter app or haven't given any other app to draw over screen permission.

Did you apply any thick tempered glass or screen protector? Some times a thick tempered glass reduces the touch screen accuracy

Reactions: P12AV33N

Flynhx

Jun 16, 2015
/system/lost+found

Note : I'm not using any screen filter app or haven't given any other app to draw over screen permission.

I'm having the exact issue as you described, especially when the battery falls below 50% its even more unresponsive, i tried to use multitouch app then it fails to do more than 5 fingers when flat down horizontally, i asked other whyred users in Telegram whyred Official but they can't explain or others just said its a software issue, so no one really helped me.

I tried to flash all latest firmware of MIUI 9 or 10(except those with ARB 4) and i still having the touchscreen issue, the phone is running perfectly fine in terms of battery & performance its just the touchscreen where i'm having problem, also note that i haven't experienced this on my previous Xiaomi phones that's why i can really tell the difference.

I really love this phone as much as i hate the issue, i hope someone can confirm this issue if its hardware or software related, i would be very thankful.

Zanr Zij

Nov 28, 2010
Halong Bay
www.maychuchuyendung.vn
I'm using Resurrection Remix ROM.
Did you also experience these issues?
I have not yet tried RR :)

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

So, I just download the global beta zip (from the XDA article for example) and apply it through the update settings as a local update? Seems easy.
Yep

Reactions: domsch1988

KeyLimePies

Jan 14, 2013
Yes, I am facing this issue too but I am on stock MIUI ROM (9.5.13). This issue is especially obvious when gaming as the screen suddenly becomes unresponsive randomly and I have to lock and unlock the phone again. It appears to be quite a common issue reported by many users but there seems to be no fix? It's hard to use the gestures as well as I have difficulty swiping up to go home or recent apps sometimes. It's incredibly frustrating

neokragu

Oct 30, 2011
Kanyakumari
I have also the same issue. Using aosp 9.0 pie. difficult to pulldown notification when I am in any app. if I press home then it working nice and no idea what is the reason

faantz

Nov 7, 2013
So, there is still no answer to repair this issue?
i have the same issue on pixel experience rom. When the phone become hot the screen unresponsive.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Note :
    I'm not using any screen filter app or haven't given any other app to draw over screen permission.
    Using Resurrection Remix ROM

Did you apply any thick tempered glass or screen protector? Some times a thick tempered glass reduces the touch screen accuracy
    Is there an official way without unlocking the device? I'd like to go to 10 but haven't unlocked yet and can't until the end of the week...
    Download Miui 10 beta/dev zip file and using Updater to flash

I'm having the exact issue as you described, especially when the battery falls below 50% its even more unresponsive, i tried to use multitouch app then it fails to do more than 5 fingers when flat down horizontally, i asked other whyred users in Telegram whyred Official but they can't explain or others just said its a software issue, so no one really helped me.

I tried to flash all latest firmware of MIUI 9 or 10(except those with ARB 4) and i still having the touchscreen issue, the phone is running perfectly fine in terms of battery & performance its just the touchscreen where i'm having problem, also note that i haven't experienced this on my previous Xiaomi phones that's why i can really tell the difference.

I really love this phone as much as i hate the issue, i hope someone can confirm this issue if its hardware or software related, i would be very thankful.
    I'm using Resurrection Remix ROM.
    Did you also experience these issues?
    I have not yet tried RR :)

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

So, I just download the global beta zip (from the XDA article for example) and apply it through the update settings as a local update? Seems easy.
    Yep
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone