Touchscreen not working!

Xanoas

Apr 26, 2014
I recently flashed the TeamUB rom and forgot to do a factory data reset, now my touchscreen wont work. How can I fix this?

Thank you
Xanoas

CurbThePain

Feb 2, 2013
Mount Horeb
How can I do that? My touchscreen wont work even in recovery, im using twrp.
Flash via Minmal ADB & Fastboot and use adb commands. Hope your USB-debugging is enabled.
You could flash a new kernel. Boot to fastboot and flash a kernel.. any kernel. It will most likely fix your issue. If not flash a kernel for cm11 and then flash cm11 in twrp

pranshubatra707

Jan 31, 2011
Why recently this issue is coming with every other user that by flashing certain roms their touchscreens stopped working?

Sent from my Moto G 2014

Xanoas

Apr 26, 2014
Why recently this issue is coming with every other user that by flashing certain roms their touchscreens stopped working?

Sent from my Moto G 2014
You could flash a new kernel. Boot to fastboot and flash a kernel.. any kernel. It will most likely fix your issue. If not flash a kernel for cm11 and then flash cm11 in twrp
Flash via Minmal ADB & Fastboot and use adb commands. Hope your USB-debugging is enabled.
pp

My friend who also had the same phone had the same problem he ended up returning it to argos even after a month so that's what I'm going to do hopefully they accept it back, if it does not then I'll try these methods. Thx guys!

tostado3

Mar 19, 2015
has anyone found a solution for this issue? i cant return it since im not in the US anymore and motorolla doesnt support the device in my current country (Venezuela). its driving me crazy because the cellphone works (recieves calls and messages, conencts to wifi, takes screenshots) but the touchscreen doesnt let me do anything :crying:

pranshubatra707

Jan 31, 2011
has anyone found a solution for this issue? i cant return it since im not in the US anymore and motorolla doesnt support the device in my current country (Venezuela). its driving me crazy because the cellphone works (recieves calls and messages, conencts to wifi, takes screenshots) but the touchscreen doesnt let me do anything :crying:
Just boot into bootloader(you dont need working touchscreen for that) and follow this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=55373304

Sent from my XT1068

tostado3

Mar 19, 2015

pranshubatra707

Jan 31, 2011
i restored my device to stock, still have the same issue. display works cellphone does too, its just the touchscreen wich seems to be dead no response at all :crying:
Thanks for the help, if you think of another solution let me know!
It might be a hardware problem then?

Sent from my XT1068

tostado3

Mar 19, 2015
It might be a hardware problem then?

Sent from my XT1068
i belive so, i already disassembled the phone myself, i would like to test the screen in another friends phone before buying a replacement for it, to make sure its just the screen.

thank you very much for your help and time i really appreciate it! :good: :)

Tel864

Nov 22, 2011
Greenville
i belive so, i already disassembled the phone myself, i would like to test the screen in another friends phone before buying a replacement for it, to make sure its just the screen.

Ha, I don't have a good enough friend that will let me disassembled their phone for testing purposes. :D

pranshubatra707

Jan 31, 2011

No problem..do let us know the real cause when you find it :)

Sent from my XT1068

gaya4

Apr 7, 2013
workaround

We came along this thread while having the same issue. I got it fixed even though I was half convinced that it is a hardware issue as it occurs in the recovery and the independent system.
My history to the touch error is:
cm12->backup-> wipe+install Titan Z->wipe+install microkat-> restore cm12.
The only way to access the device was fastboot for me.

A strange thing I noted was the output of getvar, which didn't change no matter what I did (fastboot flash boot boot.img, fastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img, recovery or booting antoher kernel via fastboot).
#fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) ro.build.fingerprint[0]: motorola/titan_retaildsds/titan_um
(bootloader) ro.build.fingerprint[1]: tsds:4.4.4/KXB21.85-14/9:user/rele
(bootloader) ro.build.fingerprint[2]: ase-keys
(bootloader) ro.build.version.full[0]: Blur_Version.21.11.14.titan_retai
(bootloader) ro.build.version.full[1]: ldsds.retaildsdsall.en.03
(bootloader) ro.build.version.qcom[0]: AU_LINUX_ANDROID_LNX.LA.3.5.1_RB1
(bootloader) ro.build.version.qcom[1]: .04.04.02.048.045
(bootloader) version-baseband:
(bootloader) kernel.version[0]: Linux version 3.4.42-pINKman-kk4.4 (sluk
(bootloader) kernel.version[1]: [email protected]) (gcc version 4.7 (GCC) ) #15021
(bootloader) kernel.version[2]: 9 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 19 15:31:25 CET 20
(bootloader) kernel.version[3]: 15

That Pinkman kernel came actually from Microkat, but I have no idea why this is in the bootloader and I suppose it as kernel or a signature didn't work with the drivers.
A friend suggested to flash the system partition as well with the stock rom. Before we actually installed other roms via sideload but the issue didn't change.
Now follow this thread to flash stock on the device:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...dows-tool-moto-g-2014-xt1064-restore-t2957167
This is made for Windows, but you can download the file and see a batch script (Auto restore) which is like some other sources in the internet; instead of mfastboot you can use fastboot. The other stuff can stay the same.
My touch is working again and the fastboot getvar output is different now:
(bootloader) ro.build.fingerprint[0]: motorola/titan_retaildsds/titan_um
(bootloader) ro.build.fingerprint[1]: tsds:5.0.2/LXB22.99-16/10:user/rel
(bootloader) ro.build.fingerprint[2]: ease-keys
(bootloader) ro.build.version.full[0]: Blur_Version.22.41.16.titan_retai
(bootloader) ro.build.version.full[1]: ldsds.retaildsdsall.en.03
(bootloader) ro.build.version.qcom[0]: AU_LINUX_ANDROID_LNX.LA.3.5.1_RB1
(bootloader) ro.build.version.qcom[1]: .04.04.02.048.045
(bootloader) version-baseband: MSM8626BP_1032.3112.96.00R EMEA_DSDS_CUST
(bootloader) kernel.version[0]: Linux version 3.4.42-ge35b7bb-00001-gf6a
(bootloader) kernel.version[1]: 3942 ([email protected]) (gcc version 4
(bootloader) kernel.version[2]: .8 (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Feb 25 01:
(bootloader) kernel.version[3]: 09:46 CST 2015

And the baseband value is populated again.
Don't throw away the phone yet ;)
Hope this helps.

Reactions: tech0ne

Shironelli

Mar 1, 2015
Rio Quente
XT1069

My problem it's the same ( with flashing MicroKat and trying to get back to CM12 ) , but my phone model is XT1069 , theres some way can i do to fix this? ( Sorry for the bad english ). :crying: