Touchscreen problem

Search This thread

osmxgohan

Mar 22, 2012
campeche
Hi, today in the morning i noticed an issue with the touchscreen, especially, on the left edge. I noticed that issue while i was writing and trying to switch the key of numbers and letters.

While i try to write and press "?123 or ABC" key, sometimes it doesn't work and i have to press twice.
Have u ever noticed something similar? I have tried by changing the keyboard, restarting, calibrating and I can't fix the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 71764184_2470631843056700_5577396117714239488_n.jpg
    71764184_2470631843056700_5577396117714239488_n.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 2,332
Reactions: dimeim

007Gogi

Jul 24, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
Hi, today in the morning i noticed an issue with the touchscreen, especially, on the left edge. I noticed that issue while i was writing and trying to switch the key of numbers and letters.

While i try to write and press "?123 or ABC" key, sometimes it doesn't work and i have to press twice.
Have u ever noticed something similar? I have tried by changing the keyboard, restarting, calibrating and I can't fix the issue.

Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem

tze_vitamin

Jun 17, 2011
Zrenjanin
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Xiaomi 12T Pro

Thanks in advance.

What keyboard are you using?

c1rcle

Apr 26, 2017
I have the same problem. In my case, the other side of the touchscreen has the same issue as well (Gboard enter button). Did you guys check the touch sensor test (the one in diagnostics menu -> additional tools)? It seems that only two squares are affected. The left and right outermost square in the penultimate row. Try tapping fast, it's sometimes not registering. I really hope this is not a hardware issue though...

intelinside70

Oct 19, 2007
Have you tried to disable screenshot gesture? Please try it and report if the issue are resolved. I don't have a rdm8pro but on other redmi i have the same issue and the screenshot gesture of miui create the problem.

osmxgohan

Mar 22, 2012
campeche
I have the same problem. In my case, the other side of the touchscreen has the same issue as well (Gboard enter button). Did you guys check the touch sensor test (the one in diagnostics menu -> additional tools)? It seems that only two squares are affected. The left and right outermost square in the penultimate row. Try tapping fast, it's sometimes not registering. I really hope this is not a hardware issue though...

it's exactly the same in my case , I have noticed that more happens if you touch repeatedly in the middle of the screen and then at the ends
sorry for bad english

c1rcle

Apr 26, 2017
I went to a local Mi Store earlier today and the unit they have on display suffered from the same touch screen issue. I don't think replacing the device would help as it seems that a large amount of them might be having the same problem. If anyone's device is functioning correctly, please let us know.

Last edited:

tze_vitamin

Jun 17, 2011
Zrenjanin
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Xiaomi 12T Pro
This is just in the corners , I noticed to.. when I want to press 123 to go to numeric pad, I noticed that the screen dont react in some times..that not the screen issue, this is more like ..I dont know how to explain it on English..but everything is ok with screen when you press the right place..

Try press this line that I marked on this screenshot and you will se that the display is not responding.. this is not hardware or software error.. this is jus the line on keyboard that have no function and not react when you touch it. But when you touch right place on number 123.. everything is ok..
So ..your phone and everyone else is working fine.
Also this is just happened on keyboard..on other apps,this place on screen also like in CIT test working..

Attachments

• IMG_20191014_193319.jpg
    IMG_20191014_193319.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 1,279

c1rcle

Apr 26, 2017
This is just in the corners , I noticed to.. when I want to press 123 to go to numeric pad, I noticed that the screen dont react in some times..that not the screen issue, this is more like ..I dont know how to explain it on English..but everything is ok with screen when you press the right place..

Try press this line that I marked on this screenshot and you will se that the display is not responding.. this is not hardware or software error.. this is jus the line on keyboard that have no function and not react when you touch it. But when you touch right place on number 123.. everything is ok..
Also this is just happened on keyboard..on other apps,this place on screen also like in CIT test working..

Try touching the highlighted tiles and then compare it to other ones. Look at the attached screenshots.

Attachments

• IMG_20191014_194500.jpg
    IMG_20191014_194500.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 1,546
  • IMG_20191014_194529.jpg
    IMG_20191014_194529.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 1,545
  • IMG_20191014_194635.jpg
    IMG_20191014_194635.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 1,536

osmxgohan

Mar 22, 2012
campeche

the touches have to be fast, if you make them slow the problem "disappears"

c1rcle

Apr 26, 2017
I can take a screenshot,how did you do this?

You mean you are unable to access this particular test? Just tap the 3 dots in the top right corner of the screen when you get to the CIT test menu. Then select 'Additional tools'. Tap the 8th item on that list which says 'Touch sensor' and you will be greeted with that test screen.

osmxgohan

Mar 22, 2012
campeche
apparently if it was a software problem, update a few minutes ago and the problem seems to have been resolved

Attachments

• 72748818_2453660414952702_5250292177250025472_n.jpg
    72748818_2453660414952702_5250292177250025472_n.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,169

tze_vitamin

Jun 17, 2011
Zrenjanin
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Xiaomi 12T Pro
You mean you are unable to access this particular test? Just tap the 3 dots in the top right corner of the screen when you get to the CIT test menu. Then select 'Additional tools'. Tap the 8th item on that list which says 'Touch sensor' and you will be greeted with that test screen.
Dude, e know how to do that.
I can take a screenshot, my CIT test shows that everything is ok with my screen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi has the issue been fixed? Im planning to get this phone and i dont know if this issue will persist
    I have no issues at all. love this phone, it's fast, good bright screen, not to wide, and doesn't heat up at all as normally afraid of this chipset.
    Perhaps check the updated software, perhaps that will help.
    Thank God I see this finally mentioned.
    I bought it from a Mi store on Monday. Was driving me crazy as I type quite fast on my Redmi Note 4 and never had problems. on Rn8pro there were issues on bottom left, bottom right and also on the sides, which is evident of you tap and hold near the edges to keep an Instagram story from changing for example.

Returned the phone, got a new one, still same issue. Went back, the guy tried it himself and confirmed its an issue. We tried the display phones and same thing. It's also clear if you type random letters fast and hit the enter key, many times it's missed. Returned the second phone as well, got marked as DOA as the first one and got my money back.

I tried before the update to 10.4.5, after the update, with Gboard and SwiftKey. No use in saying 'you're not tapping right', I know how to use my phone. The phone is problematic, either hardware or software wise, which is an incredible pity. The sooner this is recognized, the sooner Xiaomi might address it. Personally I'm looking forward to seeing it resolved so I can buy it again, as it's a great phone otherwise...

So, phone owners, let's unite and try to make Xiaomi notice the issue. Any feedback or suggestions as to how to communicate the problem, are welcome.
    I had the same problem but after update today its fixed i have tested in CIT and now both the corners are working fine previously the touch was causing problems when when typing alphabets and switching to numbers by pressing the 123 button, recent update was 10.4.20(PGGMIXM).
    If possible please try the following :
    Type random letters fast and hit enter at random for example:
    Shfjfjdkd
    Fjfjdjdjd
    Djffjfjfjf

Do this for 10-15 times and see if some enter presses are missed. Also, what MIUI version are you on?

Nearly every "Enter" is missed if I do what zu wrote, but I´m too lazy to check other keyboards, because maybe its a normal behaviour from gboard to avoid hitting enter while fasttyping!? Its just the "enterbutton" and the "Shift" Button - so for me it seems to be wanted.... I´m not sure, but I can say I wrote about 100 Messages in the last 3 hours (And I´m a fast typing guy, too) and could not recognize touch issues like I knew them from pocophone for example.

If there is something changing in the next days, I will inform you about that.