• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Touchscreen problem

Search This thread

Varyag92

Dec 4, 2021
Hello to all owners of this device! Has anyone encountered the problem of poor touchscreen response at the edges of the screen? I know that manufacturers make the edges of screens - waterfalls are less sensitive, but something is wrong with my device and it's just awful ... The phone can respond perfectly to touching the edge of the screen for a while, but then, at one point, it stops responding to pressing. I press one point 4-5 times and the phone simply does not respond to my touches, then it seems to "wake up" and begin to respond normally to touches. This does not even happen at the very edge of the screen, but 3-4mm from the edges where the waterfall already ends ... This is very disturbing in everyday work, for example, when typing text. "Lags" of the touchscreen to the edges of the screen is the norm for this phone or did I get a defective phone?

Varyag92

Dec 4, 2021
I was lucky to catch this effect once in a video. If you look closely, you can see that the phone does not perceive touches, although they are quite accented. Here, everything else is not so deplorable, it happens that he does not recognize 5-10 touches in a row. This happens not only in the keyboard, but in it it is most critical ...

Varyag92

Dec 4, 2021
Have you tried adjusting "Side swipe sensitivity" option in settings?
I tried increasing and decreasing the sensitivity - it doesn't help. This option is responsible for increasing or decreasing the distance from the edge of the display, where the back gesture is triggered and does not really affect the response to tapping on the screen. Also tried disabling the gestures - still the same. I don't know if I can return the phone to the service center as defective. I would like to understand before that, is it a touchscreen defect or do I just need to learn how to type on the display type "waterfall".

DJorgio

Mar 22, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Vivo X70 Pro+
I tried increasing and decreasing the sensitivity - it doesn't help. This option is responsible for increasing or decreasing the distance from the edge of the display, where the back gesture is triggered and does not really affect the response to tapping on the screen. Also tried disabling the gestures - still the same. I don't know if I can return the phone to the service center as defective. I would like to understand before that, is it a touchscreen defect or do I just need to learn how to type on the display type "waterfall".
That's horrible man, have you tried a different keyboard or factory reset?

Varyag92

Dec 4, 2021
That's horrible man, have you tried a different keyboard or factory reset?
Yes, of course, I flashed the phone through the recovery and made a complete reset of the system. With other keyboards the same, if they are the same in width. Only a narrower keyboard helps, for example, the Microsoft swift key can be adjusted in width, it works better with it, but this does not change the essence of the problem. The problem is not with the keyboard, but with the edge sensitivity. As I said above, it happens that everything works well and all touches are registered, it happens that the touchscreen does not respond to many taps ... I tried to hand over the phone to the vivo service center in my city, but it was not accepted, because the phone is for the Chinese market. I am trying to return the phone to the seller on aliexpress, I hope I succeed ...