• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

Touchwiz 4.3[ROM] For i605

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Touchwiz 4.3

This is Stock WITHOUT any added Note3 features

Download Link

R.A.H.TW_4.3_11-27-13-1908.zip - 1.09 GB

First Boot can take a while be patient.

Known TWRP issue ( and possible CWM ) attempting to preform a restore of TW4.3 may cause bootloop

Bugs
  • WiFi bug (see wifi patch section)
  • Signal bar does not show accurate signal (if any)
  • Possible root lost on first boot (see Root section)

WIFI PATCH FIX

Here's how to get Wifi working. Do this after installing the ROM. Thanks to seanzscreams for the fix and stvn1337 for posting the info. What this fix does is adds the paramaters needed for Wifi to work on TouchWiz 4.3 based ROMs while still allowing us to flash to other ROMs outside of the TouchWiz 4.3 stuff. Be forwarded that these steps do need to be followed pretty much dot on especially when it comes to apply the patch. Deviating on that part might cause some major issues including bricking your device. I will not be held liable if that were to happen or will XDA. You've been pretty well warned. Don't worry this is a pretty easy patch to apply so don't worry too much about it. Smile, eat a Kit Kat, and just do what I tell you. In no time you'll have working Wifi on this ROM.

FILES

4.3param_tz.zip - 690.83 KB

INSTRUCTONS

1 - Download Odin3 and the WiFi Fix files.
2 - Extract Odin3 and the WiFi Fix files. For the WiFi fix you just need to extract 4.3param_tz.zip so the 4.3param_tz.tar file is ready for us with Odin3.
3 - Download and install Samsung drivers if you don't have them already.
4 - Turn off Note 2. After turned off press Volume Down + Home Button + Power to boot into the bootloader.
5 - Plug Note 2 into PC with Odin3 running.
6 - Once your PC has detected and installed drivers your Note 2 should show up in Odin3.
7 - Load the Wifi fix file (should be named 4.3param_tz.tar) into the PDA option in Odin3.
8 - Hit the Start button. It'll only take seconds for the file to do its magic then your Note 2 will reboot into recovery.
9 - Reboot out of recovery.
10 - ????
11 - Wifi should work now!
12 - ????????
13 - PROFIT!
Lost root?
Flash SuperSU from this thread
[2013.11.26] SuperSU v1.80 by Chainfire

Features And Mods
Wanam Xposed

Credit
wesamothman for the base and passing ideas back and forth
lacoursiere also for passing ideas back and forth
stvn1337 for finding the sec-ril from Spint Note2

Last edited:

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
No offense bro. U stated that your not working on it and its for Dev. That's all I'm saying . I mean if you got it then by all mean mad props to u and looking forward to using your work.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
Please tell me where I said im not working on it? You know cause the port was done all by itself...
I mean no disrespect but its comments like yours why less and less people release crap, why not just get it working for myself and thats it... why do other people need to use devs hard work and not give a hoot. Then make threads about where did all the TW devs go? I havent seen what I deem as enough updates or some other ungrateful soundsing posts

Last edited:

BigggJack

Jun 8, 2013
Nice!! Thanks for giving me/us hope on seeing a TW 4.3 ROM before Big Red gets around to releasing one :beer:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
@runandhide05 I am in the same boat as you I have everything working except data/signal.. I have ported from n7100 before but the process seems to be different in this case..4.3. I am still trying to get it corrected with different methods. Can you tell me what you have done so far so we can compare? I started with stock base 4.3 N7100.. Added our csc files, build.prop edits for cdma and a couple lib files and our modem. When I boot it boots fine.. In mobile networks I have option to select cdma/lte but still no signal.. We our missing something that i cant seem to find. Some files that we usually port over have been changed or are non existant in 4.3... and btw what kernel are you using I think this maybe the source of our problem..I can only seem to flash it and get it to boot with the 4.3 stock kernel and I am not skilled or have enough knowledge to know whether kernels have anything to do with lte capabilities.. I would assume so.. And if thats the case we will have to wait for the n7105 leak to get kernel source..

Last edited:

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
@runandhide05 I am in the same boat as you I have everything working except data/signal.. I have ported from n7100 before but the process seems to be different in this case..4.3. I am still trying to get it corrected with different methods. Can you tell me what you have done so far so we can compare? I started with stock base 4.3 N7100.. Added our csc files, build.prop edits for cdma and a couple lib files and our modem. When I boot it boots fine.. In mobile networks I have option to select cdma/lte but still no signal.. We our missing something that i cant seem to find. Some files that we usually port over have been changed or are non existant in 4.3... and btw what kernel are you using I think this maybe the source of our problem..I can only seem to flash it and get it to boot with the 4.3 stock kernel and I am not skilled or have enough knowledge to know whether kernels have anything to do with lte capabilities.. I would assume so.. And if thats the case we will have to wait for the n7105 leak to get kernel source..
Its looking like we will need to wait for a n7105 for the lte.
Using stock kernel. All others fail to boot.

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
Its looking like we will need to wait for a n7105 for the lte.
Using stock kernel. All others fail to boot.
I do have a friend that I have developed a rom with said that he got it booted and signal.. SO let me talk to him today and maybe we can crack this thing.. I was thinking maybe n7105 saber kernel..I will try and let you know.. I have wifi working as well as gps..

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone