[Touchwiz][Launcher]Galaxy S8 Launcher For Note 5

Search This thread

SamsungN7100

Mar 15, 2014
i tried almost all s8 apps on my non rooted note 5 and its working excluding wallpapercropper2 cant be installed, camera, aod, smart mirroring, edge apps, secsettings, secsettingprovider2, systemui, bluetooth, simsetting, secmediaprovider, mmsservice and other system related apk that must not be installed..bixby has problem in updating interactive and customized service..

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

I'll share my steps on how I surpassed the said error and installed almost all s8 apps on my non rooted excluding the following:
camera, installed that FC
aod, installed but NW
edge related apps, installed not NW
other system related apk that arent advisable to be installed
Prepare the following: USB disk where all apps saved, installer apk pro, SB OTG Adapter
1. Factory Set your phone
2. set-up phone like u did, but skip signing both google and samsung account
3. Close wifi, location, nfc mobile data faster upon reaching "Home"
4. Directly go to settings and set security "OFF
4. Install the installer apk pro first and install all apps saved in usb (batch installation) by selecting all although u need to press done all the time
5. VIOLA, you'll be amazed..
And I noticed you call still upgrade once there's available updated version for that apk by not turning off/ restarting ur phone...once its restarted..you'll encounter the aformentioned error again..

DesertEagleSlim

For the longest time I could not get this to work. Kept giving me the conflicting error. Just tried now following the Use My Files to create shortcut way and reboot. It worked. 100%. Now I'm going to switch from Nova launcher to new touchwiz to check it out. Thanks alot.

Ohhdayumm

Sep 26, 2015
For the longest time I could not get this to work. Kept giving me the conflicting error. Just tried now following the Use My Files to create shortcut way and reboot. It worked. 100%. Now I'm going to switch from Nova launcher to new touchwiz to check it out. Thanks alot.
Can you explain how you did it? What shortcut? I've been trying the reboot thing 7 times and it didn't work.

bogarty

Mar 16, 2011
Can you explain how you did it? What shortcut? I've been trying the reboot thing 7 times and it didn't work.
Yes you must create a shortcut of the apk on the home page to be able to get at the file and run it fast enough as it says in the "conflicting package" error fix linked in the OP. For more info on how to do that, then READ THIS HERE. I don't think it will work if you are getting "parse error" btw.

brlag

May 8, 2012
Does anyone else notice a slight stutter when scrolling up/down to reveal all apps? It's not lag, just a jarring animation that I didn't see on the S8.

bogarty

Mar 16, 2011
Does anyone else notice a slight stutter when scrolling up/down to reveal all apps? It's not lag, just a jarring animation that I didn't see on the S8.
I haven't experienced anything like that, nor would that have anything to do with anything that I did really. Animations are quite smooth on my device. You said it's not lag, but are you sure? Can't think of anything else it can be. Do you have a lot of apps running in the background or low free space on internal sd?

Anyhow, if you're really bothered by it you can always just put your apps on the home screen by long pressing the home screen, then going to home screen settings>home screen layout and tapping "home screen only". You can also try selecting "Performance Mode" from the quick settings menu. If that helps, then it was lag for sure.

azamz

Dec 27, 2016
Does is work only for nougat

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy On5 pro that runs on Android 6.0.1 but s8 apk is not being installed.plz help

SirGarmaples

Nov 28, 2016
Note5 has a weird way of handling installations. IDK why it lets me install mostly all s8 apps on the note5.

Last edited:

bogarty

Mar 16, 2011
Note5 has a weird way of handling installations. IDK why it lets me install mostly all s8 apps on the note5. Email has a weird search bug. Whenever I tap search in email app, it crashes. When I went back to the stock Note5 nougat email apps, search worked.
This seems off topic. Is this about the S8 launcher or something you downloaded from another thread?
What i did is download the latest launcher from apkmirror, that worked for me guys
Can not even imagine why the one I provided you in the OP didn't work for you. Unless, of course, you're still on Marshmallow for whatever reason, but who would still be on Marshmallow when there is Nougat? Where's the emoji for baffled? :eek:
When i click the search button in the menu it open a new page. How can i fix this?
That's the way the launcher works. It doesn't stop anything you're doing on the background though, so I'm not really sure why this is a problem. Not really sure what you meant by "menu" either. Assuming you meant the search bar at the top of the app drawer.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanerTR

SirGarmaples

Nov 28, 2016
This seems off topic. Is this about the S8 launcher or something you downloaded from another thread?

Can not even imagine why the one I provided you in the OP didn't work for you. Unless, of course, you're still on Marshmallow for whatever reason, but who would still be on Marshmallow when there is Nougat? Where's the emoji for baffled? :eek:

That's the way the launcher works. It doesn't stop anything you're doing on the background though, so I'm not really sure why this is a problem. Not really sure what you meant by "menu" either. Assuming you meant the search bar at the top of the app drawer.

It's about the s8 launcher and 1 other app. I will remove that part off now.

aly+mohy1

Apr 3, 2015
taif
Sorry. I referred you to the wrong comment. Was thinking of a different error. The conflicting package error has actually been solved with this crazy trick where you try to install the app right away on system startup before the device actually realizes what you're trying to do.

To do this quickly enough you need to:

1)
Change your lock screen to swipe.
2) Place a shortcut to the apk on the desktop for quick access.
(For more info on how to do this just READ THIS.)
3) Reboot the device.
4) Unlock the screen immediately on startup and try to install from the shortcut.

It worked for this guy here after 5-6 tries, but it could take even more.
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71716562&postcount=20
You just have to be quick and will have to try again and again after reboot until it works. Good luck! :)
before may 2017 update for 920c was working after the update no more thanks for your effort

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: If you have the T-Mobile SM-N920T with TWRP installed, then you can just install my new rom from here:
    https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=72098300
    It reroots your device while installing the newest version of the S8 launcher, SuperSU & a super debloated version of the brand new Nougat firmware.
    -----------
    Hey guys! Here is the new launcher from the Galaxy S8. It's by far the best TouchWiz UI yet, with many improvements and with a slightly different interface. Not to mention that it's just really clean in appearance.

To Install:
    1)
    Backup your current TW launcher as this will overwrite it.
    2) Download the "TWS8.apk" below & install it.

That's it. Easy! :)

Error Fixes:

"The package conflicts with an existing package by the same name."
    (CONFIRMED)https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=71850074

"Parse Error: There was a problem parsing the package."
    (NOT YET CONFIRMED)https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=71674744

NOTE: This TW is totally different, so you will start with a blank page. You need only swipe up or down to see your app tray or just touch and hold like usual to set widgets or apps on Home Screen. See images below for more features.

NOTE 2: Your app icons and background will look slightly different than mine as I'm running the "PixelizeD" theme from the theme store. I'm using a different font too.

Please be sure to hit the "Thanks" or Donate button if you like it!
    Nah, still doesn't work and I don't think it will any time soon without root. Thanks for the help anyways.
    Sorry. I referred you to the wrong comment. Was thinking of a different error. The conflicting package error has actually been solved with this crazy trick where you try to install the app right away on system startup before the device actually realizes what you're trying to do.

To do this quickly enough you need to:

1)
    Change your lock screen to swipe.
    2) Place a shortcut to the apk on the desktop for quick access.
    (For more info on how to do this just READ THIS.)
    3) Reboot the device.
    4) Unlock the screen immediately on startup and try to install from the shortcut.

It worked for this guy here after 5-6 tries, but it could take even more.
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71716562&postcount=20
    You just have to be quick and will have to try again and again after reboot until it works. Good luck! :)
    Yup, finally I did it after 5-6 tries. Thanks for this tutorial guys :)
    I did also some s8 apps from apk mirror by this same method and succeeded :)
    So glad that this worked! What a crazy trick eh? Haha! I'll be sure to add it to the OP when I get a chance. :)
    Anyone know how to make this launcher to have infinite scrolling?
    This is a feature that I'm always badly in need of too. I even went into the apk and enabled page rotation, but it still doesn't work, which seems to indicate that it might be a bit more complicated to tweak. I may look at this a little bit more when I get the chance, though, at present, I'm not entirely certain what I would need to do to make it work.

I think the problem is though that the newer TouchWiz versions are set up to have infinite page rotation disabled because of the swipe left to open "Flipboard", "Bixby", etc. feature.
    Can't install it on my note 5 N920G.
    Hmm...Strange. I see it says that it conflicts with your current TouchWiz version for some reason.

My suggestion would be to:

1)
    Backup your device in recovery.
    2) Install a backup launcher(like Nova Launcher) from the Play Store.
    3) Download "System App Remover (ROOT)" from the Play Store and completely uninstall your current TouchWiz.
    4) Try installing the TWS8.apk. (Use the "APK Manager" in "System App Remover (ROOT) to install it if it still won't install on it's own.)

Note: This all assumes you're rooted of course.

If it still doesn't work after that then, then either your variant of the Note 5(if running stock) or perhaps even whatever rom you're running may have some unusual configuration that renders it incompatible.
    @bogarty , something weird happened here,in sep2017 security update , the apk didnt install, BUT , i just updated to Oct2017 update and had the curiosity of testing if it will wotks,and thats what happened!It worked!