towelroot - untethered root - confirmed working

Search This thread

pispuso

Sep 18, 2010
all kudos goes to the legendary people that coded http://www.towelroot.com/

mega mirror: link

for a second opinion, here is the LH post

confirmed working with LG G3 F400K, i was able to confirm root with chainfire superSU as well as:

the latest xposed framework

titanium backup

Maybe is not the thread to ask, but seeing that you have XPOSED working already, I wanted to know, how most of usual XPOSED mods are working for you? GravityBox and Tinted Statusbard for example, how are they working on your G3? I'm really used to them on my Nexus 5 and since I will probably get a G3 when an Internarional version is released in US I'm really interested in your answers!

Thanks!

snowsire

Jun 8, 2011
Maybe is not the thread to ask, but seeing that you have XPOSED working already, I wanted to know, how most of usual XPOSED mods are working for you? GravityBox and Tinted Statusbard for example, how are they working on your G3? I'm really used to them on my Nexus 5 and since I will probably get a G3 when an Internarional version is released in US I'm really interested in your answers!

Thanks!

gravitybox is working excellently , all my mods i used on the htc one m7 are running without issues. I cant say i ever used " Tinted Statusbard " before, but xposed misc modules / downloads searches works as you would expect, run the root method above, install xposed, and enjoy.

the one caveat i guess i should mention is that no custom recovery / backup has been run. So, install at your own risk,

Reactions: pispuso

pispuso

Sep 18, 2010
gravitybox is working excellently , all my mods i used on the htc one m7 are running without issues. I cant say i ever used " Tinted Statusbard " before, but xposed misc modules / downloads searches works as you would expect, run the root method above, install xposed, and enjoy.

the one caveat i guess i should mention is that no custom recovery / backup has been run. So, install at your own risk,

Great! Thanks for answering!

I don't have a G3 yet so I guess by the time I get one there will be a custom recovery that works.

Thanks again!

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
Be getting my G3 in a week or so international version do you think this will work on international

Gravediggaz

Mar 18, 2013
Hey guys I have just rooted my G3 with towelroot, when LG software updates come up I press update and it always say cannot update due to phone being rooted. Is that normal? my first time rooting a phone.

Diesel779

Dec 28, 2012
West Bromwich
Hi guy's

I just got my G3 yesterday and I want to root it but it's still currently on 4.4.2. Do you think it's worth just waiting for 4.4.4 and then rooting?

Indurus

Aug 7, 2012
I have three questions to you guys who already rooted the G3 with towelroot:
Does a factory reset unroot the G3 again and makes possible to install OTA Updates again? How can I perfom the factroy reset without a custom recovery? Do I have to install SuperSU (or something equivalent) after using towelroot?

kinnyfaifai

Mar 17, 2009
I have three questions to you guys who already rooted the G3 with towelroot:
Does a factory reset unroot the G3 again and makes possible to install OTA Updates again? How can I perfom the factroy reset without a custom recovery? Do I have to install SuperSU (or something equivalent) after using towelroot?

+1 on this.

I'm new to LG devices and wasn't sure how to get OTA updates after rooting.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    all kudos goes to the legendary people that coded http://www.towelroot.com/

mega mirror: link

for a second opinion, here is the LH post

confirmed working with LG G3 F400K, i was able to confirm root with chainfire superSU as well as:

the latest xposed framework

titanium backup
    Confirmed working on the AT&T version D85010d..............I have supersu installed, titanium backup and xposed.

Happy camper here!
    Plugging into PC suite allows me to upgrade the firmware, even though I am rooted. I didn't have to return it to stock. Of course the update removed the root so I have to root it again using towelroot after that.
    Does that build date apply to all Sprint models?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure, I just got my phone like most others, so I imagine it'll be pretty standard. The only people that may have an older build might be those who won the contest where Sprint gave away a couple of LG G3s a few weeks ago, but those might have even received a drop by now to bring them up to the same version as the rest. The app I used to determine it is called MobileUncle MTK Tools, anyone can check their build date.

Thanks!