TP2 good as an internet phone?

Search This thread

benanon

Sep 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy A12
I'm considering getting a TP2 to use as an internet phone, would it be good for me?

I plan to use it for (in this order):

1. SIP/VoIP calling over wifi (how convenient is this?)
2. Email (multiple email account support, filters for organization, etc)
3. Media (videos/mp3s/pandora/youtube)
edit: 4. Web browsing and e-book reading

This is a big purchase for me and I don't want to receive the phone and find out that the SIPconfig/AudioRoute doesn't work well enough to use as a primary phone.

It's between the TP2 and an Android device (they seem to work well as internet phones and have capacitive screens, but no WVGA).

Please help me make this decision. I need advice from experienced users.

tintin5864

Sep 18, 2009
If you dont need qwert key board, i would say HTC Touch HD is much better choice. It have almost same hardware as Pro 2, but it uses 3.8 screen instead 3.6 for pro2.

And it is cheaper than Pro2

xdadJeroen

Jul 4, 2009
Dongen
My experience.. very good handling.. especially with Opera.. Speed is f*cked up but that's not the phone, cause my htc tp2 beats my friends n97 and another friends samsung omnia pro..it's the ****ty coverage in my pesantville over here..
no flash in opera though, bit of a setback considering my age of eighteen years old
If you don't need qwerty i'd suggest you wait for HTC Leo
Latoah

TyTanIc

Aug 17, 2009
Works fine

I'm considering getting a TP2 to use as an internet phone, would it be good for me?

I plan to use it for (in this order):

1. SIP/VoIP calling over wifi (how convenient is this?)
2. Email (multiple email account support, filters for organization, etc)
3. Media (videos/mp3s/pandora/youtube)
edit: 4. Web browsing and e-book reading

This is a big purchase for me and I don't want to receive the phone and find out that the SIPconfig/AudioRoute doesn't work well enough to use as a primary phone.

It's between the TP2 and an Android device (they seem to work well as internet phones and have capacitive screens, but no WVGA).

Please help me make this decision. I need advice from experienced users.

I use it with Skype for WM and it works great... clear sound from between US and UK, and even works fine in video conference mode on WiFi... and that's even on the $hitty broadband speeds we get here in Grand Cayman.

benanon

Sep 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy A12
thanks guys, but does anyone have experience with using the built-in SIP/VoiP features in windows mobile? i.e., call someone normally from contacts and it goes through SIP?